You know LiLUnique, it's obvious that I have not met you (DUH) but I'm liking you ....
    BTW you can still be part of the CB community EVEN if you don't actually own one. There is a selection under type of phone for Not a Smartphone User. (or something like that)

IF no one said this to you before, WHICH they probably have. Welcome to Crackberry.com! Enjoy chatting with you, EVEN if you end up not getting the BB.
    02-03-09 10:51 AM
    Thank you...just call it like I see it, tell it like it is
    I would say dude, but I would be assuming now wouldn't I....
    02-03-09 10:52 AM
    wow. i, too, am from packerland, use US cellular, and just got a 8330 curve (which i can't decide whether to keep past the 30 day trial). the world! so tiny!

oh and btw i just attended my first ever packer game in december. good times.
    02-03-09 11:10 AM
    wow. i, too, am from packerland, use US cellular, and just got a 8330 curve (which i can't decide whether to keep past the 30 day trial). the world! so tiny!

Texans V Packers tailgate pics pictures by RMaN1 - Photobucket
    02-03-09 11:17 AM
    I would say dude, but I would be assuming now wouldn't I....
    Yeah, you would be not only assuming, but making the wrong assumption...I'm female by popular demand and natural birth
    02-03-09 11:19 AM
    Yeah, you would be not only assuming, but making the wrong assumption...I'm female by popular demand and natural birth
    Now, if I had a BB, I would at least ask you for your pin...
    02-03-09 11:21 AM
    Now, if I had a BB, I would at least ask you for your pin...
    And I would oblige, and tell you to look below my name...but you don't
    02-03-09 11:23 AM
    And I would oblige, and tell you to look below my name...but you don't
    Like I said Lil U, I think this phone is awesome, sexy and cool... Just like me I'm still open to suggestions why I should get a BB... But my argument against it is convincing....
    02-03-09 11:27 AM
    You could BBM with LilUnique.... hahahaha
    02-03-09 11:44 AM
    Thats a good reason Clint...........
    02-03-09 11:54 AM
    Like I said Lil U, I think this phone is awesome, sexy and cool... Just like me I'm still open to suggestions why I should get a BB... But my argument against it is convincing....
    Well, my reasons for having a BB definitely don't coincide with your situation:

1. I have friends with BB's who make trips overseas...so we communicate by BBM.
    2. I have other important people overseas and they're military so the number one way we talk is by e-mail. And since I don't feel like logging into a computer all the time (it be 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning), having a BB makes it easier.
    3. Easier access to Yahoo IM
    4. My job has all of the commercial e-mail domains firewalled (i.e. Yahoo, Hotmail) so that means I can get my e-mails while I'm at work.

Over time since having my BB, other things have become easier, like:
    1. I don't carry my Bible to church...I have one on my BB, and if I need to make notes, I have the Memo Pad, and can e-mail my own notes.
    2. Again, Yahoo IM...I don't feel like logging into my laptop. Call me lazy, but I just don't.
    02-03-09 11:56 AM
    He sure could...and I would answer
    02-03-09 11:56 AM
    A lot of things that you read on this site are going to be overwhelming or confusing unless you actually have the blackberry in your hand and using it as your own.

I think most people who own a blackberry are people who are button-pushers and like to explore and find their own solution.
    And learning ANY new phone can be a bit daunting at first.

As far as the data and data charges...I mean, thats up to you since its your monthly bill. I know I have a computer at home and at work, but having my berry has made my life easier. Most anything I would do online from my personal computer, I now do at work when we're slow. I have more free time at night.

Hope you get a phone you like, whatever your choice may be.
    02-03-09 12:01 PM
    He sure could...and I would answer
    You could pm me your yahoo id and I would add you.... You have great arguments in favor of BB Lil...
    02-03-09 12:01 PM
    Take it from a fellow Assembly Line worker...

My BB makes my life much easier. Because of the long hours and the never ending schedule, I am able to do things with my phone, that without it, would have required a personal computer and the most important thing that I don't have... TIME!

I have a Storm, and yes it requires a lot of attention, more than I originally thought it would. My Curve that I had though, was a great phone. Never locked up, never gave me any problems at all. I use phone as a tool, so I understand the frustrations of it not working, so I don't recommend the Storm to you, but the Curve or even a Bold would be a good choice.
    02-03-09 12:06 PM
    Take it from a fellow Assembly Line worker...

My BB makes my life much easier. Because of the long hours and the never ending schedule, I am able to do things with my phone, that without it, would have required a personal computer and the most important thing that I don't have... TIME!

I have a Storm, and yes it requires a lot of attention, more than I originally thought it would. My Curve that I had though, was a great phone. Never locked up, never gave me any problems at all. I use phone as a tool, so I understand the frustrations of it not working, so I don't recommend the Storm to you, but the Curve or even a Bold would be a good choice.
    Where I work, we get a job come down the line every 45 seconds.. There is no time to send an email, a text, or wapforums.com or whatever this mobile site is. And on my breaks, especially the lunch break, I call my wife..
    02-03-09 12:12 PM

Which game, Houston or Detroit? In a general sense, where are you from?
    02-03-09 12:18 PM
    I can't find any fault with your decision. If you don't think you'll use the features of a BB, then it's probably not for you.

There are a LOT of other phones - that is, other than "smartphones" - from which you can surf the web; use gps; access email; and send sms/mms . . . if you decide you want to (though, without a data plan, those activities *can* get expensive). A lot of these other phones have QWERTY keyboards too.

What mostly *I* like about my BB (Curve) is it pushes my work email to me. I have a desk job and I get to telecommute 2 to 3 times a week. 99.99% of my work communications are via email. With the BB I don't have to lug my laptop with me - and I go on that run at 2pm instead of 12 noon (lunch time) without feeling "guilty" since I'm still in contact with the office.

I also like the QWERTY keyboard on my Curve which makes texts and emails a breeze to pound out.

Finally, I *DO* like all the "entertainment" options on my Curve: the media player (music and videos); podtrapper (podcasts downloaded straight to my BB!!); Pocket Express (top new stories at my finger tips). Recently, I had to pay my personal property taxes and renew my automobile plates. Both required waiting in lines. I spent that time catching up on news (with Pocket Express) and listening to "Car Talk" (an NPR show) via PodTrapper.

I DO also use the GPS and navigation on my phone . . . cuz the wive keeps the Garmin in *her* car.

Good luck!
    02-03-09 01:07 PM
    You could pm me your yahoo id and I would add you.... You have great arguments in favor of BB Lil...
    I'll think about it
    02-03-09 01:19 PM
    I still have good vibes about the phone... But I cannot justify purchasing the phone and paying the $25.00 + tax per month data charge... I would be paying for something I would very rarely use..... Like I said, I'm usually home, at work, or at a place that has wifi and in that case. I bring my laptop...
    I used to think the same way.............then I got my first BB 6xxx and I work as a tech assistant here at work taking care of over 1000 users, I have 3 computers and 2 laptops going on my desk at all times and I still grab my BB (8800 now) before I even look at one of my computers.
    Once you start using one you will find that you will use it more than your desktop or laptop (sure beats running to your desk or having that heatsink sitting in your lap all the time when your watching tv or doing something with the wife or kids (and I don't believe that you take your laptop EVERYWHERE, not calling you a liar mind you)
    I follow all my teams (Broncos, Cubbies, Blackhawks, Jazz) on my BB and keep up with the stock market and all the news that I cannot DL on any of my machines at work. Plus I can listen to all my favorite talk shows with it also.

PS: anything you can do on a laptop you can do on your BB.
    02-03-09 01:20 PM
    and I don't believe that you take your laptop EVERYWHERE, not calling you a liar mind you)

PS: anything you can do on a laptop you can do on your BB.
    Your right, I don't take everywhere... But when I go on vacation, I take it with me.. Do I take it to the filling station, Lambeau field, the grocery store, heck no..

Your right in the fact that everything I can do on a bb, I can do on a cell.. But I do love my Dell XPS 20 inch flat screen monitor...vs whatever inch screen there is on a BB.. Once again, I'm not running down the BB.. In my case, the BB is not that good of option.. For you it, and thousands of others..
    02-03-09 01:28 PM
    In my case, the BB is not that good of option..
    We've established that already...it's done and over with, no BlackBerry for you!!!
    02-03-09 02:21 PM
    We've established that already...it's done and over with, no BlackBerry for you!!!
    Well dang it lil....If people would just read the op's original thread, I wouldn't have to say anything now would I ?
    02-03-09 02:24 PM
    Well dang it lil....If people would just read the op's original thread, I wouldn't have to say anything now would I ?
    Of course they read it...but the thing is that people are gonna say anything they can to convince you otherwise. And yeah, sometimes people's minds do change. However, in your case, even though you say that you still might be interested in getting one, in reality, you're only fooling yourself because you've already told yourself that your life will be better without one.
    02-03-09 02:28 PM
    you've already told yourself that your life will be better without one.

Yes I did, based on my initial evaluation... But is it possible, in that evaluation process, that I may have over looked something and that a poster would have targeted that over looked item? I say yes, that is possible.. That is one reason that I'm still hanging here...
    02-03-09 02:39 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD