Hi Everybody!!

This is my very first thread posting here on CrackBerry. So I would like to start by saying I'm a CrackBerry Newbie so if I've done anything wrong or posted in the wrong place, or broken any other unspoken rules of CrackBerry Nation please enlighten me and I will do my best to prevent any future errors.

First, as my title says, I am now onboard with most of you here and upgraded to BlackBerry 10 and purchased my very own Q10. It was a difficult decision to choose between the Z10 and the Q10 but in the end I had to have the keyboard!! The Black Q10 with the Fibre weave back is just so...........Sexy!!! I can't think of a better word!!

Now!! I have had my sexy new Q10 for a week now and I've gone through it as much as possible. I have also switched to BlackBerry Link and have played around with that as much as possible too, having previously used DeskTop Manager with my Bold 9900 . I can tell you all that I am glad I upgraded.

My Q10 seems to work pretty much flawlessly without any issues of random reboots, or freezing, or other problems I've been reading in other threads I've read regarding the Z10 or Q10. I've also seen a positive UI experience with BlackBerry Link.

There are a couple of things I have noticed that I can see being a cause for concern. I've noticed that depending on what it is I'm doing with my Q10, it can begin to feel fairly warm to the touch. The only answer I can come up with is that it is a smartphone with a large battery that is now connected via an LTE system. I've heard the same type of complaints regarding iPhone and Android smartphones using a large battery on an LTE system. So to me this is just gonna have to be something I accept as a smartphone user. Case Closed on that one!! The only other real obvious change I've noticed is my Data usage. Gadzooks!!!!! It has gone up dramatically!!! BUT, my browser performance is spectacular!!! It works so well now. But, I'm hoping in the future BlackBerry can implement some type of data compression through their NOC which would not compromise my spectacular performance on LTE. I do have a firm grip on reality that it is a bit of a trade off. But nothing wrong with wanting the best of both worlds!!

I'm not a regular thread poster and nor do I reply often to other people's posts, but I am on CrackBerry often enough that I've read about a lot of the concerns with BlackBerry 10, the Z10, and the Q10. Now I haven't used a Z10 outside of a carrier store, but like I said before, I've had my Q10 for a week now, and I don't know exactly what the concern is about the whole system as it is currently. BlackBerry 10 in my opinion works very well. I personally am coming in with some QNX experience as I have a PlayBook, as does my young daughter. The swipe gesture interface is pretty simple to use and easy to get the hang of. My daughter navigates it just fine. Neither one of us wish the PlayBook had a home button. So when I read (probably from trolls), that the UI is too complicated and difficult to get the hang of, I can only say buy an iPhone or Android.

I have also read complaints about BlackBerry Maps. Again, I don't get it. Perhaps it is fair to say that as it is today BlackBerry Maps is very basic and lacks certain bells and whistles, but it does exactly what you need it to do. I have used it more than once to test it, and I've not really found any problems with it. Are these complaints based on the work of Trolls again?? Yes it is plain and basic, but in BlackBerry's defence, IT'S BRAND NEW!! It needs updates!!! Give it a chance!!!

Also, I've read people having difficulties with BlackBerry Link. I have yet to experience any problems that I've read about. I do believe that you need to take a few minutes to learn how to navigate it, but once you get the hang of where everything is and what you need to click on when you need to get something done, it works great. Somebody help me here, are these people who claim BlackBerry Link is not any good, Trolls as well?? I will offer that I do think what programs like BlackBerry Link need is a good Laptop with a decent amount of RAM and more than a single core processor like what is found on early versions of 10" netbooks. I use a quadcore with 6GB of RAM and I don't seem to have any problems.

My personal favourite feature of my Sexy new Q10 is how BBM works!! It's pretty awesome!! But more so how it works together with the PlayBook!! As I indicated before, both my daughter and I each have a PlayBook. The reason we both have one is when I'm at work we would do PlayBook Video Chat together when I have a moment while I was tethered to my 9900 via HotSpot. But now I can do Video Chat with her straight from my Q10 while on LTE. It works great. I'm just happy that BlackBerry hasn't abandoned the PlayBook and found a way to integrate the Z10 or the Q10 to PlayBook, with BBM.

I am sure that those of you that seem to have problems with your Z10 as a result of the need to update to 10.1 will receive your update very soon. Please hang around!! It will get better!! Don't forget people, that if you are having difficulties with your new phone, contact Tech Support with your Service Provider!! Call them everyday if you need to!! You are paying for the service. So use it!!

Finally, to all the people that have been complaining about the lack of applications for BlackBerry 10. I can only say that the applications are coming!! We have Skype now!! That's just one!! Eventually BlackBerry will have hundreds of thousands of applications too!! But really.......how many applications do you really want or need on your phone??

Thanks Everybody!!!
    Lovin' my new Sexy Q10

..............................And yes, I have my KISS tickets for the July show in Toronto!!!
    05-14-13 02:38 AM
    Glad to see you love your Q10. . And welcome to CB. One thing though, data won't be going through the NOC at all unless its tidbits of BBM data so prepare yourself, and get more data allowance!
    05-14-13 02:47 AM
    Glad you like the Q, I have the Z but fairly sure I'll soon be rocking both!
    If you miss BIS and data compression, ask your carrier about a hosted BES service.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:18 AM
    Glad you like the Q, I have the Z but fairly sure I'll soon be rocking both!
    If you miss BIS and data compression, ask your carrier about a hosted BES service.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think BES provides push POP mail or data compression on web browsing.
    05-14-13 09:03 AM