Did a really stupid thing tonight.

Put my Bold 9000 on top of the car as I was taking my jacket off to get in car. Drove to garage to get fuel, had a chat with someone I knew there. Wasnt until I got back in car and I was driving back home I thought I hadnt heard my phone bing lately. Looked for it and then it dawned on me.

By the time I got to it, it was spread across the road.

This was result:-

Sad I was!

So I thought, while I am waiting for a new casing etc, I'll use the Torch. OMG. Oh. My. God. I cant even put into words how awkward and slow it is to use.

So I have reverted back to my Bold. Even though the trackball isnt quite circular anymore and the keyboard is a bit scratched, it still is nicer to use....

hence:

Now its definitely going on fleabay!
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-12-11 04:50 PM
    9000's were built like tanks! Sorry to hear what happened.

With that said, I have a hard time believing your Torch is slower than the 9000. If so though, something is quite wrong with it. It is overall spec wise a better phone. What is it doing to make it slow? Maybe you need to clear some stuff off it? May just be you have a bad device. Also if you mean slow as in browsing speed, then I would be having a chat with a customer service rep right quick as 6.0 is much faster than 4.6 and even a little faster than 5.0 if that was loaded on your 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 06:10 PM
    I agree with previous answer. The Torch should be faster

09-12-11 06:36 PM
    What does someone thinking about me getting a 9000 are they good enough to replace a 9330 (I'm too broke to afford a 9900)
    09-12-11 06:55 PM
    What does someone thinking about me getting a 9000 are they good enough to replace a 9330 (I'm too broke to afford a 9900)

Get one - form factor wise I still prefer it over every other Blackberry I have owned.

What I like:

Robust signal, coverage in areas where some other phones seem to fail.
    Data is fast, input is easy, scrolling with the trackball is rapid and much better than these rediculous touchpad things which are like keyhole surgery.

They are also bullet proof as proved!
    09-13-11 12:28 AM
    9000's were built like tanks! Sorry to hear what happened.

With that said, I have a hard time believing your Torch is slower than the 9000. If so though, something is quite wrong with it. It is overall spec wise a better phone. What is it doing to make it slow? Maybe you need to clear some stuff off it? May just be you have a bad device. Also if you mean slow as in browsing speed, then I would be having a chat with a customer service rep right quick as 6.0 is much faster than 4.6 and even a little faster than 5.0 if that was loaded on your 9000.

lol its like when I call my broadband service provider:

Sir, you computer IS switched on right?

You havent by mistake wandered into someone elses house who doesnt have broadband and sat at their computer?

Is it plugged in?

lol, to answer your question seriously:

1: Speed isnt all about processor for me, I use it for business, input needs to be fast...navigation needs to be fast - what makes things like this fast is good touch screen, good keyboard and UI design.

2: I've wiped it and reinstalled software, and yes it has the latest version of OS.
    09-13-11 12:42 AM
    I'd say steve that they don't make em like that anymore. The 9000 is simply superb. Get your phone's casing changed (even if you are not gonna use it) after surviving the ultimate destruction act it still battles on...
    Steve� likes this.
    09-13-11 03:35 AM
    I feel like bolds are the fastest blackberrys jusy sayin , and that was sad but pretty cool your blackberry survived. Btw iphones shatter into amillion pieces when they drop *thumbs up*

09-13-11 05:51 AM
    I'd say steve that they don't make em like that anymore. The 9000 is simply superb. Get your phone's casing changed (even if you are not gonna use it) after surviving the ultimate destruction act it still battles on...

Sticking with the 9000.

Wish I could put into words whats makes the 9000 a great phone for me, but it seems to have everthing where it should be, even on phone this morning I need to take some details and it was so quick to put customer on speaker and enter appointment into my calendar, whereas with other phones its press this swipe that pinch the other and then it drops the f******* call!

Yes defo keeping it and tempted to leave it battle scarred, but ordering a new casing for it.

And yes, iPhones shatter at the smallest thing...avoid!
    09-13-11 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD