My curve has been creaking, constantly and it just got to the point where I could not stand it anymore. So I called T-mobile, and they are sending me a warranty replacement. It should be here on Tuesday. I am a bit upset that I have to pay $9.99 for shipping, but if the creaking stops I don't mind it. I already have my BSE for it here and waiting. Tuesday seems like it is so far away!
    08-15-08 12:08 PM
    Fantastic!! $9.99 to get a device that does not annoy
    you is a good deal IMO. Good luck with the new one.
    And the BSE- ROCKS!!
    08-15-08 12:30 PM
    What part of the phone was creaking?
    08-15-08 05:12 PM
    Damn! Tuesday sounds like a lifetime away from your Berry. Wish you all the luck with new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mobiman; 08-16-08 at 06:04 AM.
    08-15-08 05:22 PM
    I just got a replacement last thursday after placing my order tuesday with Tmobile. The rep said 7 business days but it only took 3 to get a replacement. My trackball was broke and I got blessed because my screen was also broke and I was going to have to pay for it myself.

08-15-08 09:05 PM
    They told me by the 22. UPS says it should arrive on the 18th, but it is only in West Chester, pa which is close to me! So I am hoping I get it tomorrow, or Monday!

08-15-08 09:52 PM
    I just got a replacement as well but nothing is really wrong with my original bb; I just wanted a fresh new phone with a CLEAN trackball and scratch-free...I thought why not, I don't pay insurance for nothing lol. I placed my order last Saturday and received my new bb this Tuesday and didn't pay for shipping Thanks Tmo lol
    08-15-08 09:58 PM
    It will be in your hands before you know it...
    08-15-08 10:02 PM
    I have the opportunity to add insurance to my phone, and I think I am going to call and have it added.

08-15-08 10:02 PM
    I have the opportunity to add insurance to my phone, and I think I am going to call and have it added.

I decided to get it since my one year warranty will be over soon. I was so glad when my trackball broke on me.

08-15-08 11:03 PM
    Tmo has replaced 2 curves with refurbs free under the original warranty. Tmo is great about that. But waiting is the hardest part. I mean how do people deal with having a "normal" pos phone?

08-16-08 12:05 PM
    Tmo has replaced 2 curves with refurbs free under the original warranty. Tmo is great about that. But waiting is the hardest part. I mean how do people deal with having a "normal" pos phone?

I have no idea. Thankfully, my BB still works - it just creaks. Though the creaking has died down a little bit. This will be a refurb, I am guessing. So I am a bit worried about that part.
    08-16-08 12:12 PM
    I'm going to ask what someone had previously asked, but you didn't answer.

What part of the phone creaks exactly?
    08-16-08 12:55 PM
    No to be rude but it's funny that your phone creaks never heard of this kind of problem until now!
    08-16-08 01:01 PM
    I'm going to ask what someone had previously asked, but you didn't answer.

What part of the phone creaks exactly?
    Sorry missed it when I was looking at this thread with my phone. The bottom area of the phone is creaking. I know the housing is not set correctly, and I had managed to get it to stop creaking for a few weeks, but it suddenly started again and is driving me crazy!
    08-16-08 01:25 PM
    I just got a replacement as well but nothing is really wrong with my original bb; I just wanted a fresh new phone with a CLEAN trackball and scratch-free...I thought why not, I don't pay insurance for nothing lol. I placed my order last Saturday and received my new bb this Tuesday and didn't pay for shipping Thanks Tmo lol
    So in other words you made a false insurance claim?

Insurance isn't for appeasing your obessive complusive urges, it's to replace items you had accidentally lost/stolen/broken. If someone else scratched your phone I could understand, but you're the one who did the damage.

It's people like you who make insurance rates go up for everyone.
    08-16-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD