Perception is becoming more and more negative (only good news come from CrackBerry) and BlackBerry does nothing to save themselves. They do nothing to show people they are not the BlackBerry from 2007. BlackBerry has the superior products but they don't want to show it plus they're struggling to get big name apps onto BlackBerry. Samsung and Apple are currently advertising their product and gaining more market share each day from BlackBerry users (those with legacy devices). All the marketing BlackBerry has is "word of mouth". They want users to spread the word about their new products and unlike Samsung and Apple users, BlackBerry users aren't getting paid and are always loyal even with all the ups and downs BlackBerry go through. I have the BlackBerry Z10 and it is by far the best product because of BB10 OS. BlackBerry doesn't need gimmicks to be the best ( http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=/) because they have the best OS but people want gimmicks (hopefully they turn up with the 10.2 update or on the BlackBerry Z30). BlackBerry has actually put work into the new OS and it shows with all the updates. But instead of putting out commercials on TV they put them on YouTube. The commercials they do put on TV are poor (even though I know the message behind them) and I know there's a niche market for physical keypad phone but most people see that as being non innovative and outdated tech (I don't so). YouTube sure has the best commercials I've ever seen from BlackBerry:

BlackBerry is a failure because they refuse to take risk. I want people to know about the new BB10. I want people to know BB10 is not the old BBOS of 2007. Even with products in retail shops nobody wants to touch them and retailers aren't unlocking them because of BlackBerry's bad reputation from RIM. BlackBerry needs better perception and they need it fast. I'm really starting to get frustrated because of all the ignorant bashing people do against BlackBerry.

http://n4bb.com/death-blackberry-sel...ling-prophecy/

*This is only my opinion. I'm always a loyal BlackBerry fan. I just don't want to see BlackBerry failing. It sucks to sit through all the negative press, poor planning and declining stocks of BlackBerry. *

Posted via CB10 on my awesome BlackBerry Z10 \m/ Channel C001227CF
    Last edited by Jerale Hoard; 09-02-13 at 08:48 AM.
    09-02-13 08:38 AM
    I am getting tired of **** like this. Just stop it.
    h20work and npunk42 like this.
    09-02-13 08:44 AM
    I am getting tired of **** like this. Just stop it.
    Truth hurts eh?
    09-02-13 08:48 AM
    Truth hurts eh?
    the truth about what?????

I have actually never read any negativity about Blackberry except from som ****holes that comes to our site with "helpful" links.
    09-02-13 08:58 AM
    Someone - who has been a faithful defender of BlackBerry - posts his opinion and you don't like it, so you curse him out.

The truth certainly does hurt.
    09-02-13 08:59 AM
    BlackBerry does have great products. I know this because I use them. If blackberry can win over the media then the rest of the world will give blackberry and try and will never look back.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:03 AM
    I think putting someone already in house in charge after the 2 founders left was mistake 1. Then changing the company name from RIM to BBRY was mistake 2, BBRY was the name everyone loved to hate.

Now if the new CEO would've came from the outside and a name change was to be made BBRY would be the last name to change to. It should've stayed RIM or moved to something totally different. Who knows if that would've worked any better or not.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 09-02-13 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Last
    09-02-13 09:05 AM
    Someone - who has been a faithful defender of BlackBerry - posts his opinion and you don't like it, so you curse him out.

Exactly. And this is actually my first rant.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:05 AM
    Many years ago a scientist I know had a picture of himself in a magazine, I seem to remember it was Scientific American but in any case a major magazine in science. We were talking to this guy and he complained that the picture made him look "evil" which I think was a good assessment of the perception given by the picture. After his complaint someone said to him, "it's not like you weren't there when they took the picture".

The parallel with BB in this case should be apparent.
    09-02-13 11:32 AM
    RIM/BlackBerry as a company was never on equal footing as Apple or Samsung. Apple leveraged iPods, iTunes, and Mac computers to gamble on iPhones. They had deep pockets. Samsung is a multifaceted corporation not just a cell phone maker. It would take two pages to list all the products they manufacture. They could buy and sell Apple several times over they are so huge.
    RIM on the other hand was the corporate darling of mobile devices. Were there missteps? Of course. Was that iPhone and Samsung freight train going to run over RIM/BBRY eventually? You bet. BBRY is not dead. They were a viable company with 80 million subscribers. They don't need to sell as many phones as the big two. They just need to remain a solid option for corporations and governments. I don't recall a time when BlackBerry phones were ever number one. I think they shared a great deal of the market with Symbian and Palm for a while.
    09-02-13 11:44 AM
    the truth about what?????

I have actually never read any negativity about Blackberry except from som ****holes that comes to our site with "helpful" links.
    You've never read anything negative about BlackBerry except for links here? Really?!?

No disrespect but do u suggest we all just solely visit Crackberry so that we hear nothing bad about the brand? Just because u don't read anything negative doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist. It's definitely real.....especially when the real dedicated fans start complaining.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:50 AM

Oh god here we go.......again. Smh

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 11:55 AM
    Whenever I see these kinds of threads, it is just beating a dead horse that has been dead a very very very long time. I think I will continue enjoy using my Z10 until BlackBerry is no more and the Z10 has joined the fate of Palm Pre, then I will switch to something else.

Posted via CB10
    bob_tn and geoffsdad like this.
    09-02-13 12:14 PM
    I agree about the marketing. They should have done iPhone type commercials showing how the phone works and NOT talking up the security or QNX. People have to see how the OS works to get excited about it. Too late now. I think they missed their window.
    Last edited by Nicholas Kathrein; 09-02-13 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling issue
    09-02-13 12:20 PM
    Yeeeeeaaawwwn

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    09-02-13 12:26 PM
    I agree about the marketing. They should have done iPhone type commercials showing how the phone works and NOT talking up the security or QNX.
    What, are you trying to tell me the average smartphone consumer isn't thinking about government grade security, nuclear power plants and the space shuttle when considering a phone? They are not thinking "yeah, that Tribe is indeed Astonishing"? Go on...!!
    09-02-13 12:31 PM
    I don't think those Youtube videos are real commercials from BlackBerry. As I recall, they were something put together by an ad agency, but nothing official.
    09-02-13 01:42 PM
    I don't think those Youtube videos are real commercials from BlackBerry. As I recall, they were something put together by an ad agency, but nothing official.
    Yet they keep getting posted over and over again.
    09-02-13 01:51 PM
    Oh god here we go.......again. Smh

Posted via CB10
    You must do that a lot. Did you bother to read the Original Post or had you already decided you disagree with it.
    SMH indeed.

Here we go again. The defender of the faith has arrived.
    09-02-13 02:01 PM
    Exactly. And this is actually my first rant.

Posted via CB10
    You chose for your first rant "Blackberry is a failure"? Better luck on your second rant.
    09-02-13 02:11 PM
    This rant is true, but like many rants, it's just unnecessary.

Though this is a BlackBerry forum, so I guess it's to be expected.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-02-13 02:15 PM
    I agree with you OP.
    One of the best risks BlackBerry took was going with QNX instead of Android and look how great of a OS BB10 turned out to be, but sadly it ends there. Personally, I think they should have taken some risk too with the specs, more aggressive marketing campaigns and decent pricing.
    Sure the company wouldn't be sitting safely on those 3 billions but they would gain something of greater importance and that's a valuable reputation.
    With that in mind, I suppose the sales would have been better and so the market perception.

I love the experience I'm getting on my Z10 and want to see next iterations from BlackBerry but what bothers me is that the company is trying to play it safe till the end for a potential sale intead of going out guns blazing.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 02:32 PM
    You've never read anything negative about BlackBerry except for links here? Really?!?

No disrespect but do u suggest we all just solely visit Crackberry so that we hear nothing bad about the brand? Just because u don't read anything negative doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist. It's definitely real.....especially when the real dedicated fans start complaining.

Posted via CB10

I live in Norway, so I hardly read about Blackberry at alle.
    09-02-13 06:45 PM
    I live in Norway, so I hardly read about Blackberry at alle.
    You too sexy for all of that
    09-02-13 06:46 PM
    You too sexy for all of that
    Thank you.
    09-02-13 06:48 PM
30 12