06-14-10 09:59 AM
72 123
tools
    I think that Blackberries just appeal to different people. If you like a full touchscreen, really neat apps, and great web browsing, then obviously a Blackberry isn't going to be your first choice; however, if you can't live without a qwerty keyboard, you need your emails/requests/social networking aggregated, and you web browse lightly, then a blackberry is a perfect match. Android is really neat, but it isn't as organized as Blackberry, and to be frank, some of the apps are utterly useless.
    06-11-10 02:33 AM
    I am simply astounded by the number of people that point to the browser as the
    weakest part of the OS. Personally I could not care less about the browser. I have
    several computers for that.

How about the preeminent email device patching some of it's most glaring holes:
    Can't sort email by Sender, Date, Subject
    Can't add to Calendar or Tasks in a simple straightforward fashion
    Can't create folders (BIS)
    Can't create templates
    Truncation (yes, I know, but to some of us this is important)

I swear if it were not for eMobile Email I'd never use this thing for email EVER.
    Hmm. Yes. This is why I said "perhaps" it is arguable. Me personally, I don't care about email as long as I get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 03:19 AM
    Another person missing the point. Yes, it is a LOOK-A-LIKE. and No, I do not think someone recreated OS6. My point is, since you didn't read, IF SOMEONE CAN CREATE A LOOK-A-LIKE AND THE SLIDING BOTTOM, AND JUST ABOUT THE SAME, then RIM should not be releasing this as OS6.
    I don't think I missed the point. You are basically saying that the themes are close to the actual os, which we should all know by now, is not the case. I have been using OS6 from WJD designs since it was released. It's nifty for sure, but after watching the OS6 videos and reading the literature, it is painfully clear that the theme is not even remotely close to the actual operating system. The sliding dock you mentioned, is about it, and theme developers have been using that for quite some time now. Sorry for the rant, but cmon... You are knocking OS6
    06-11-10 08:00 AM
    There are a lot of lengthy post that I still want to read but I just need to post that theses types of threads are going to keep coming by the dozens once iPhone 4 drops
    06-11-10 08:15 AM
    One thing RIM has that other Smart Phone manufacturers don't is active use statistics, they know how many phones are active, not just units sold.
    I'm pretty sure you could get very accurate numbers on android and iPhone, since you have to be logged in to either a google account (android) or iTunes (iPhone) to use either application store.

weakest part of the OS. Personally I could not care less about the browser. I have

Can't create templates

I swear if it were not for eMobile Email I'd never use this thing for email EVER.
    1. You win the proper English use award.

2. +1. All those functions should be available on such an email centric device. Lack of folders always drove me nuts.
    06-11-10 08:58 AM
    The web browser was my only real gripe with BB.
    06-11-10 09:56 AM
    ik wat u mean, i might go to an evo 4g next month...but i gotta dish out an extra $60-$70 for an extended battery cuz battery life on android does suck....i should know, i kept switching between BB and android.
    06-11-10 06:11 PM
    I don't think I missed the point. You are basically saying that the themes are close to the actual os, which we should all know by now, is not the case. I have been using OS6 from WJD designs since it was released. It's nifty for sure, but after watching the OS6 videos and reading the literature, it is painfully clear that the theme is not even remotely close to the actual operating system. The sliding dock you mentioned, is about it, and theme developers have been using that for quite some time now. Sorry for the rant, but cmon... You are knocking OS6
    No - you did miss the point.
    You really think I feel these guys recreated the OS in their THEME? C'mon, I may have some negative points or things you do not agree with - but I am not that stupid.

My point is, when someone can create a theme that is a look a like to the new OS with the same look and feel, then there should not be a new OS coming out labeled 6.0. If I can open up my Composer v5.0 and create a theme that looks like and reacts like OS6.0 then there should not be a 6.0. 6.0 should be something that we can not create in software we currently have.

There are a lot of lengthy post that I still want to read but I just need to post that theses types of threads are going to keep coming by the dozens once iPhone 4 drops
    That is something I will never agree with. iPhone sucks - I hate them so much. Everything Apple I hate except for the huge 30in computer monitor.

ik wat u mean, i might go to an evo 4g next month...but i gotta dish out an extra $60-$70 for an extended battery cuz battery life on android does suck....i should know, i kept switching between BB and android.
    Yeah, that is one thing I hate about the android, the battery goes dead rather quickly.
    06-11-10 06:55 PM
    Agreed with all this..... Also if they could add some quick and easy way to add something to an already existing contact. Maybe also the option to to what type of number you want you want to save it... Why always work?? Lol
    Those are things that I would LOVE to see RIM working... A new browser is cool. But like you said BB are made for emails and they should be TOP in that category.
    1 other thing I would love to see would be better contact management.

Can't create templates

06-11-10 07:08 PM
    That is something I will never agree with. iPhone sucks - I hate them so much. Everything Apple I hate except for the huge 30in computer monitor.
    Clearly the rantings of a 10 year old.
    06-11-10 08:12 PM
    That is because all (most) of these extremely important blackberry people who claim to be CEO's (check my signature) really just want to be able to browse the web on their phones. "I really don't care about browsing, I have a laptop for that." is repeated so often because the BB browsing experience is just painful!

This isn't directed to you Graceless, your concerns seem legitimate.
    06-11-10 08:27 PM
    How old are you? You sound very young or extremely dumb. Anybody who makes such statement about any company *in general* is not very smart. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
    06-11-10 10:02 PM
    How old are you? You sound very young or extremely dumb. Anybody who makes such statement about any company *in general* is not very smart. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
    Moving on.....
    06-12-10 09:28 AM
    Had a mytouch3g for all of 12 days and ran the older software, but the touchscreen wasn't fluent at all and lagged big time. Yeah the UI was a bit nicer and the overall OS is IMO only a hair better, same with the browser...my 9700 actually is faster than my wifes mytouch on wifi...with Opera5.

Besides those very minimal things I mentioned, there is nothing that my mytouch couldn't do that my BB can...actually prefer my 9700 10 fold over the mytouch...

Slider would be nicer as it has a keyboard and updated software, but still not going to sway me back to Andriod...

Some people complain about OS's and whatnot, what they fail to realize is eventually they will get bored with Andriods OS as well. Some people are impossible to keep happy, especially when they see the newest and greatest thing out...they jump like wolves and then talk smack about what they used to have.

Seen it time in and time out...when I left BB, left still enjoying my experience with them and just wanted to try a different platform...so tried a Cliq and mytouch and both didn't impress me much at all.

Glad to be back!

06-12-10 12:51 PM
    Glad to be back!
    Welcome back

06-12-10 12:57 PM
    Dam site is buggy...or my phone, ahaha!

Last edited by BoldtotheMax; 06-12-10 at 01:02 PM.
    06-12-10 12:59 PM
    Opps.

06-12-10 01:00 PM
    Had a mytouch3g for all of 12 days and ran the older software, but the touchscreen wasn't fluent at all and lagged big time. Yeah the UI was a bit nicer and the overall OS is IMO only a hair better, same with the browser...my 9700 actually is faster than my wifes mytouch on wifi...with Opera5.

Besides those very minimal things I mentioned, there is nothing that my mytouch couldn't do that my BB can...actually prefer my 9700 10 fold over the mytouch...

Slider would be nicer as it has a keyboard and updated software, but still not going to sway me back to Andriod...

Some people complain about OS's and whatnot, what they fail to realize is eventually they will get bored with Andriods OS as well. Some people are impossible to keep happy, especially when they see the newest and greatest thing out...they jump like wolves and then talk smack about what they used to have.

Seen it time in and time out...when I left BB, left still enjoying my experience with them and just wanted to try a different platform...so tried a Cliq and mytouch and both didn't impress me much at all.

Glad to be back!

I've had my Droid for five months and enjoy it everyday. And because I'm on Verizon, I can upgrade to a new phone every year.

I'm not one of those people who spend money to get the latest gadget. The people that do that make up less than 5% of the consumer market. Most people stick to their phones for at least a year or more.
    06-12-10 05:03 PM
    This is exactly why I opted out of upgrading to the 9700. I don't want to be stuck with another blackberry for 2 years if OS 6.0's gonna suck.
    06-13-10 12:21 AM
    I never understand the argument that RIM and the Blackberry OS is losing to Android & iPhone. The OS's are all very different (Blackberry moreso than Android vs. iPhone) and designed for different things. Those who prefer the Android or iPhone OS should use an Android or iPhone. If the Blackberry OS fits your needs, then by all means use and be happy with a Blackberry. It really is a simple concept. Why would we want all of the phone's OS's to be the same? That's the great thing about having different options..the abililty to pick up a phone and have it give you a different experience. Maybe more and more people are looking for a media/app experience on their phone. If so, you might enjoy the Android or iPhone experience over the Blackberry. But if not and you are looking for a phone that primarily excels in messaging (and other things imho) than the Blackberry might be your 1st phone of choice.

06-13-10 11:32 AM
    The OS has been boring me for some time now. I was disappointed to see that 6.0 was nothing special. I wish they would create a new OS from scratch. Someone said earlier that Android was buggy. What's buggy is when my officially released OS on my 9700 won't let me open my text message.
    06-13-10 05:56 PM
    And yet another poster completely misses the point. Am I surprised? Go on, someone ask me. Come on, please??
    ok , Are you ? Surprised I mean ? lol
    06-14-10 09:59 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD