I'm not one to rant on forums but I can't take it anymore. If you like ios, good for you. Well all know they have over a million apps, Macs and ipads do some cool things, and most of all they have the best commercials on tv. I know that blackberry is the number for smarthphone (imho number 1). When I hear Kim Komando make some crack about blackberry and then continue to post on FB all the problems people may have with their iphones it just burns me up. I listen to her show weekly and I like her advice, she knows what she is talking about although everything has an ios slant to it. But she made some joke about "What did the iphone say to the blackberry? I work." Really? When my FB friends who are brave enough to post when they are having problems with their ios devices, I send them one reply. There's an app for that. I know I''m preaching to the choir, but I've used pc's for over 20 years now and blackberrys for around 8 or 10 years. I've had minimal problems with any pc or laptop and none with my z10. I'm done, you may now continue with your dismal lives with your blackberry products.
    GeekzForever and FF22 like this.
    03-18-14 12:18 PM
    Moved to BlackBerry General Discussion.
    03-18-14 12:28 PM
    I actually can't stand Kim Komando. More than half the stuff she spews is false.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-18-14 12:59 PM
    Because most diehard Apple product users are sucked into the mentality that nothing can compare to their products.

But on the bright side I've been seeing a few iPhone users switching over to BlackBerry some for the first time. So lets just set a good example for these folks and help make it an easy transition for them. My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    Norg and furinkasan like this.
    03-18-14 01:02 PM
    Because most diehard Apple product users are sucked into the mentality that nothing can compare to their products.
    Not to different from the diehards on other platforms/products.
    bp3dots, donnation, Rello and 1 others like this.
    03-18-14 01:32 PM
    Who's Kim Komando? Never heard of him.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 01:55 PM
    Who's Kim Komando? Never heard of him.

Posted via CB10
    A waste of time IMO
    03-18-14 01:58 PM
    I love my BlackBerry, but.... LoL.
    What drives me crazy are questions/threads like this...
    My X device can do this just fine... Why can't my BlackBerry do it as well???
    Answer: Because your BlackBerry is not your X device.

Just observations....
    BlackBerry Guy and furinkasan like this.
    03-18-14 03:12 PM
    And if she said Blackberry is the greatest thing since sliced bread everyone would be on here saying how great she is. Its all relative.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    donnation, Rello, walt63 and 2 others like this.
    03-18-14 03:29 PM
    I also never had a problem with my Z 10. I also believe that the sales people of carriers don't explain how to use the product. When I first got my Z 10 I didn't know a lot about it and before I left the store I asked some questions and they said idk there is a booklet on it in the box. Then I said if I bought a apple or Samsung would you know answers to my questions? He said yes. Have a good day sir. So, most of it is knowledge of products. Obviously they know nothing about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 03:31 PM
    And if she said Blackberry is the greatest thing since sliced bread everyone would be on here saying how great she is. Its all relative.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Exactly LOL.

If she's smart (and she is), she'll follow it up with something sweet and engaging about BBRY, so that folks can place her on a pedestal. Then, she can "diss" BBRY, and enjoy the angst and sorrow of folks who rely too much on the opinions of internet personalities.

More eyeballs. More money. BGR has perfected this.
    RyanGermann and app_Developer like this.
    03-18-14 03:54 PM
    Because people who buy Apple products want to be different ...

Like everybody else.
    03-18-14 04:02 PM
    my rant-ip.jpg

Wall huggers are so cute when they are sleeping
    03-18-14 04:15 PM
    the problem wit th the whole blackberry this is there are alot less of them so every problem is amplified. When someone has a problem with an iphone they just say oh its an isolated incident. it could be more but in the grand scheme of the millions of iphones its a drop in the bucket. Its so much easier just to slam blackberry. Fewer users for one. Secondly its not a US company so like so many things we do we just say oh, we are terribly sorry for that. Lastly its not cool. Once you lose the whole cool factor its hard to get it back. Blackberry actually was never really cool it was just something you had when you went to work. It worked and send messages. When people started to transition they had two devices a blackberry and some other feature phone for calls. Finally people said okay blackberry fine but i would prefer just one thing to carry so they said hey that iphone is so easy to use i dont really need to learn a thing to use it I turn it on and it works. Thats great but for business it sucks. Can you do anything that u really need to for business, what about security and finally the thing is styled for 13 year old girls. How cool is that. Sorry 13 year old girls but thats the truth. Imagine pulling that thing out at a top business conference people just laugh. what did you borrow that from your daughter? Lastly the reception on an iphone is terrible you can say they fixed the antenna and all that but when i receive a call from an iphone user i always know thats what it is. The reception is always less then perfect and frankly it drops calls all the time. So okay great u switched to the iphone because all your friends had one but in reality you were thinking I loved that blackberry to bad they didnt keep up and make a great phone. Well surprise they do now and its called the Z30 actually the others were good too once the software updates came through. The Z30 is a monster, huge battery life, great screen, speakers and antenna reception as well as all the usual blackberry bells and whistles. So dont fret blackberry might not be the coolest at the moment but things have away of going in circles and i think the iphones time is up. Personally its done nothing to improve the phone since the inception. It still charges the premium price which appearst to be coming to an end. So bash away iphone users. Then give the phone back to your daughter.
    furinkasan likes this.
    03-18-14 04:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you spent any time here? That mentality is rampant about BB here. But I guess that's different.........
    boeingrules and TgeekB like this.
    03-18-14 06:02 PM
    the problem wit th the whole blackberry this is there are alot less of them so every problem is amplified. When someone has a problem with an iphone they just say oh its an isolated incident. it could be more but in the grand scheme of the millions of iphones its a drop in the bucket. Its so much easier just to slam blackberry. Fewer users for one. Secondly its not a US company so like so many things we do we just say oh, we are terribly sorry for that. Lastly its not cool. Once you lose the whole cool factor its hard to get it back. Blackberry actually was never really cool it was just something you had when you went to work. It worked and send messages. When people started to transition they had two devices a blackberry and some other feature phone for calls. Finally people said okay blackberry fine but i would prefer just one thing to carry so they said hey that iphone is so easy to use i dont really need to learn a thing to use it I turn it on and it works. Thats great but for business it sucks. Can you do anything that u really need to for business, what about security and finally the thing is styled for 13 year old girls. How cool is that. Sorry 13 year old girls but thats the truth. Imagine pulling that thing out at a top business conference people just laugh. what did you borrow that from your daughter? Lastly the reception on an iphone is terrible you can say they fixed the antenna and all that but when i receive a call from an iphone user i always know thats what it is. The reception is always less then perfect and frankly it drops calls all the time. So okay great u switched to the iphone because all your friends had one but in reality you were thinking I loved that blackberry to bad they didnt keep up and make a great phone. Well surprise they do now and its called the Z30 actually the others were good too once the software updates came through. The Z30 is a monster, huge battery life, great screen, speakers and antenna reception as well as all the usual blackberry bells and whistles. So dont fret blackberry might not be the coolest at the moment but things have away of going in circles and i think the iphones time is up. Personally its done nothing to improve the phone since the inception. It still charges the premium price which appearst to be coming to an end. So bash away iphone users. Then give the phone back to your daughter.
    A. Paragraphs are your friend.

B. I'm glad you are here to direct us on what's stylish in today's world.

C. When someone has a problem with an iPhone they can a. Take it to a store and get a replacement or get it fixed. b. Apple will send them a new one next day provided its in warranty and not something like a drop or water damage. BB's customer service is one of the worst in the industry.

D. If you think that someone is judging you negatively because you have an iPhone isn't that a paradox of what people claim in here? "People look at at others with BB's and think they are crazy or stupid to have one."

D. The reception of iPhones is actually quite good.

E. Without the iPhone there would be no Z30 so your argument that's it's done nothing for the mobile industry is ridiculous. It redefined it and took people to a better mobile experience. Without it you'd be using a Bold 10000 with BBOS 8.

F. If you don't think you can do work with an iPhone than you are as lost as BB was two years ago when they refused to change.
    Bbnivende, kbz1960, Rello and 2 others like this.
    03-18-14 06:11 PM
    If it wasn't for iPhone or competition there would be no z10 or z30 sorry to say

The famous words of laZardis should ring in your ears before you say competition did nothing

"Phones do not need cameras or mp3"
    "We have the most advance product available (torch) which is world's ahead of iPhone 3g"

" you don't need 3g it's a battery waster"
    So you rather have no camera or media playback or lTe because competition didn't bring anything to the world?
    We all know the innovations apple brought
    The ability to do more then text and email
    The ability to be productive by doing things on our phones
    The freedom of choice
    You would still be on bis on bbos 4 if it weren't for competition

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-18-14 06:27 PM
    I went on vacation to CA a few years back. At that time I had a BB torch. I went to the beach, the phone didn't get wet or anything but maybe the salt air did something I don't know. I went to a verizon store in San Diego, the rep looked at my phone took it in back and tried to fix it. Came back out ten minutes later and pronouced it dead at the scene. Gave me a new Torch and I was out the door within 30 minutes. I had insurance of course, you'd be crazy not to carry insurance on any smart phone.
    03-19-14 06:31 AM

But on the bright side I've been seeing a few iPhone users switching over to BlackBerry some for the first time. So lets just set a good example for these folks and help make it an easy transition for them. My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    Ironing
    03-19-14 06:34 AM
    Ironing
    You mean irony?
    I disagree since the first sentence states "most" and the second states "a few".
    03-19-14 06:53 AM
    You mean irony?
    I disagree since the first sentence states "most" and the second states "a few".
    It's the definition if irony.
    03-19-14 08:09 AM
    It's the definition if irony.
    What? Ironing????
    Okey Dokey... If you say so...
    I think irony or even an oxymoron would be if the poster stated most are happy , but also stated most are switching.

Irony is the contradiction of the whole, not a portion of the whole. As in 100% vs 100% NOT 90% vs 10%
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony
    03-19-14 08:48 AM
    What? Ironing????
    Okey Dokey... If you say so...
    I think irony or even an oxymoron would be if the poster stated most are happy , but also stated most are switching.
    Irony, which is what he meant. And yes it's ironic that the poster would say that most iPhone users are blindly loyal to the brand, which is exactly the way it is for Blackberry users. He said he's seen a few switch, not that most are switching. My only point is that it goes both ways.
    03-19-14 08:51 AM
    Irony, which is what he meant. And yes it's ironic that the poster would say that most iPhone users are blindly loyal to the brand, which is exactly the way it is for Blackberry users. He said he's seen a few switch, not that most are switching. My only point is that it goes both ways.
    I know what he meant, hence; the definition posted.
    But all you are saying now is not what he said.
    It is not irony to say that only a portion have switched.
    However, you are correct in stating it is ironic that someone would say iPhone users are blindly loyal to the brand...
    If, they stated BlackBerry users were not. But.... That was not stated at all.
    03-19-14 09:00 AM
    I'm not one to rant on forums but I can't take it anymore. If you like ios, good for you. Well all know they have over a million apps, Macs and ipads do some cool things, and most of all they have the best commercials on tv. I know that blackberry is the number for smarthphone (imho number 1). When I hear Kim Komando make some crack about blackberry and then continue to post on FB all the problems people may have with their iphones it just burns me up. I listen to her show weekly and I like her advice, she knows what she is talking about although everything has an ios slant to it. But she made some joke about "What did the iphone say to the blackberry? I work." Really? When my FB friends who are brave enough to post when they are having problems with their ios devices, I send them one reply. There's an app for that. I know I''m preaching to the choir, but I've used pc's for over 20 years now and blackberrys for around 8 or 10 years. I've had minimal problems with any pc or laptop and none with my z10. I'm done, you may now continue with your dismal lives with your blackberry products.
    The most impressive part of this post is that you have used PCs for 20 years and have never had more than minimal problems. Every PC I have owned started giving me issues after about 5 years.

Seriously though - every product has issues. Apple doesn't walk on water - antenna-gate (GSM iPhone 4), scuff-gate (iPhone 5), battery-drain gate (iPhone 4s), Apple Maps-gate (iOS 6), iOS 7 performance issues on iPhone 4/original iPad Mini/iPad 2 (a lot better in OS7.1) all happened. Apple has created a huge loyal fanbase - you do that buy building good products. I had an iPhone 5 - it isn't perfect but it is a good product.

Everyone is piling on BlackBerry because BlackBerry hasn't given people a reason to stop doing so. They just had even more layoffs and we have no idea when their next flashship device is coming out. Android and Windows Phone have been going hard after the low end market and BlackBerry is in the process of responding to this with the Jakarta.
    03-19-14 12:01 PM
32 12