View Poll Results: Do you use your phone in the bathroom?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

7 14.58%
  • Once or twice

3 6.25%
  • Sometimes

21 43.75%
  • All of the time

17 35.42%
    Why do we assume that a napkin factory is a clean environment?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-14 11:22 PM
    Why do we assume that a napkin factory is a clean environment?
    Or a rubber glove factory for that matter!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-18-14 12:22 AM
    You worry too much (typing this on the toilet) what doesn't kill you makes you stronger is very true, how do you think you have an immune system?

#believeinfilm
    04-18-14 03:36 AM
    hhaha. This reminds me of the time that I went to a music show in Lowell, Ma. Lots of people and big lines to the bathrooms. In fact, the women were also going into the men's bathrooms but using the sit down stalls while the males (me included) would of course use the urinals. There were women lined up for the stalls inside the mens bathroom (at least 8 of them). I was laughing silly at this scenario while using the urinal. But here was the funny. If a male, after using the urinal, just walked out without washing his hands, the women would "booo" him. If a male immediately washed his hands, they would give him the thumbs up and cheer for him out loud. Ya had to be there. Of course I got the thumbs up cause I am a fanatic at always washing my hands. In light of the "booing" and "cheering", I am surprised all males did not wash their hands! Ya had to be there. It was hilarious!
    By the way, I have bought many refurb phones and have not had any problems with them
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-18-14 04:56 AM
    You worry too much (typing this on the toilet) what doesn't kill you makes you stronger is very true, how do you think you have an immune system?

#believeinfilm
    You know, funny thing is that my friend experienced this. She used to constantly be wiping things down with clorox rags and using hand sanitizer. Washing her hands for 10 minutes straight even. She was always getting sick though. She would start to do it more and more but just kept getting ill all the time.

The doctor actually told her, while I was with her, that she needs to lay off just a tiny bit. Your body is unable to build any tolerance to germs if you are never susceptible to them.

Took her a while but now she only does it during proper hygiene instances (Leaving the bathroom, before eating, etc). She hasn't been sick in almost a year now. Crazy how our immune system works sometimes.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-18-14 06:48 AM
    If you got to pee, what are you supposed to do with the ice cream cone? I definitely wouldn't put it down in the bathroom.
    LOL! Personally I would throw away the ice cream cone if I really needed to go to the bathroom. I'd rather spend a few dollars to buy another ice cream cone than subject myself to that risk.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    04-18-14 07:52 AM
    Be careful not to shower with hot water.
    The water indicator would show the damage, if it is dropped in liquid (including cocktails) . Refub.part from reputable source might be better. Just like buy a demo model of latest computer, 30%off with all the bells and whistles, beef up ram, all bugs root out. - take it any time in need. That is why engineer model of the gadgets are the best for someone like me. Know few names in the old days, their computer after the "usage" were most sought after items within a geek community-over clocked, with small customized software to provide optimization without added ram and cool the machine. Marvelous!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:03 AM
    For what it's worth, when I was to receive a refurbished BlackBerry phone several years ago, iI was told by a Sprint rep that when they 'refurbish' a phone, they use the same internals, but the shell (exterior) and everything you can touch is brand new.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:24 AM
    For what it's worth, when I was to receive a refurbished BlackBerry phone several years ago, iI was told by a Sprint rep that when they 'refurbish' a phone, they use the same internals, but the shell (exterior) and everything you can touch is brand new.

Posted via CB10
    Yes by people that don't wash their hands lol
    04-18-14 08:31 AM
    Yes by people that don't wash their hands lol
    LOL LOL LOL! Lysol Disinfectant Spray works miracles haha

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-18-14 08:39 AM
    15 votes in, and not a single one in favor of either "Never" or "Once or twice." Very honest voters, but I hope I never have to borrow y'alls phones even in emergencies. "Could you dial 911 and put it on speaker phone, please?"
    For a person with a Bluto avitar, your not very, ahem, rough.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:48 AM
    For a person with a Bluto avitar, your not very, ahem, rough.
    That's Captain Haddock. And it was a joke.
    04-18-14 09:41 AM
    Dang, this gets funnier as it moves along to more responses. hahahaha. Tis good to see good humour since there is a lot of bickering else where here in CB.
    Now I don't remember-are the votes for people who wash their hands or for refurbs? lol. lmao!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-18-14 10:04 AM
    LOL LOL LOL! Lysol Disinfectant Spray works miracles haha

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't touch lysol. Alcohol swap you get just before the doctor to do an injection on you would be the better choice. (not leave residue on the phone. I will leave it dry a bit, since the swap sheet is containing 70% alcohol. You don't want 100% type, it dry so quickly, barely got effect on bacteria. 70% is most effective). Lysol? Spray on a clean glass, lifted to face the sun and tell me what you see....

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 11:45 AM

#believeinfilm
    The stuff that doesn't kill you isn't what I'm worried about...
    04-18-14 03:27 PM
    If BlackBerry started making water resistant phones I wonder how many people would go swimming or take showers with them!
    04-18-14 10:53 PM
    If hygiene is the issue, cell phone is the least of your concerns. It's food handling you should be concerned about. Especially those who love to dine out. If you know any better, you would forever stay home and cook your own meals.
    04-18-14 11:12 PM
    You guys are being ridiculous. I don't know about the newer phones, but every time I got my 9670 replaced the refurbished unit had all new parts on the outside, so it wouldn't even matter if the last guy pooped right on it.
    04-19-14 05:41 AM
    Factory refurbished phones are sanitized. Also, exterior parts are usually replaced and the device will appear and operate "like new." This is the case for all returned devices such as open box devices, a device that is purchased and never used, etc.

If the carrier themselves have done the refurbishing, then I don't know what happens there but I would hope they also sanitize the devices. If you get a refurbished phone and there is no protective sticker on the screen and back, then you may want to think twice before accepting it.
    04-19-14 10:23 AM
    Geez, I grew up in Latin America and the Caribbean (now live in the US). It was always hilarious to see the North American tourists get sick (usually from eating/drinking something) at around the second day of visiting. At the same time, you have local kids buying fruit off the side of the street in little plastic bags (not sealed), and hardly ever having an issue.

The more "bugs" you're exposed to the better, unless of course you just want to live in your hermetically-sealed, UV-air filtered, lysol-disinfected bubbles.

Just wash your hands and stop worrying so much.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub, Ray III and Septembersrain like this.
    04-19-14 10:35 AM
45 12