Hi all

I have a 9700 on a BIS plan but my carrier has also activated BES as I receive work emails to my phone.

My work email comes through Enterprise Activation and my personal comes through my BIS. How do I tell which connection my browser etc uses?
    01-10-10 07:49 PM
    Your phone is using BES.

All your connections will go through your BES server unless you change your browser to use Hotspot Browser. And of course that won't work if you aren't connected to a wi-fi router.
    01-10-10 07:55 PM
    Thanks for that,

Is that the case evenh though I resend my service books for my personal mail through my carriers BIS site?

Also, how do I access my companies IT policy to see what webistes/apps are blocked etc?
    01-10-10 08:04 PM
    You are on BES but you can still set up personal email through BIS. I am set yp the same way. I have no idea how to check any IT policy. Luckily, mine allows me to install whatever I want and set any necessary permissions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 08:30 PM
    On 5.0 go to options>security options>information this will give you info on which IT services are applied to your phone
    01-10-10 11:04 PM
    i just wanted to know if it is possible to activate both BES and BIS on the same device?
    01-11-10 01:44 AM
    You can activate only one type of service. However, on BES, you can set up BIS accounts.

01-11-10 07:51 AM
    Above info is incorrect,

You can run BIS and BES side by side but it is dependant on your carrier and most of the time unecessary.
    01-12-10 05:42 PM
    Why unnecessary? I get my office email through BES and a personal email account through BIS. To me they are both necessary. I do not understand your comment, can you explain? Thanks.

01-12-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD