This is a long, and boring process that I have to keep doing at least once a week (and I'm doing it now). While I'm listening to media player for over 30 minutes, the media player crashes and only shows a "!", when I try to play a song. Then afterwards, if I reboot the phone, or try to repair the media card, it says "A media card has been inserted that needs to be formatted". It's annoying that I constantly always have to keep using ZAR to recover (and still losing my files in the process). It's a 16GB SanDisk card, with 13.2 GB used. About 1.4k songs, and 9000 pictures. Could it be that there is just too much that the phone has to load?
    10-28-11 09:10 AM
    Corrupt file in your list? Does it crash on the same song? If so delete it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 09:59 AM
    Corrupt file in your list? Does it crash on the same song? If so delete it.

Different songs each time, I tend to keep my phone on Shuffle.

ZAR recovered 1 GB less also.
    10-28-11 10:04 AM
    Don't you have another card? you can test it with it to find out if it's the card.
    10-28-11 01:07 PM
    I'd guess it's related to the fact that you're approaching the "full" mark on the SD card. My experience has been that when I get to about 80% full card, weird and annoying stuff starts happening to the phone's operations.

As 710 said above, try putting in a different SD card as a first troubleshooting step, even if it's not 16GB, just to see if the problem goes away.

And please post up with the results since it would be helpful to know what you figured out.
    10-28-11 05:11 PM
    I use a 16gb card with only 3.1gb free and get no problems and in my case all the files are MP3. Sounds to me like the card is faulty. As BB Unlocking said, try another card.
    10-28-11 06:03 PM
    Have you tried going to Storage and doing a repair? Highlight media card, press menu repair-save lost clusters no. I have done this to my old media card without any lost files and great results. If you are concerned back it up first. Good luck.

10-28-11 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD