My phone is HOT and I mean that literally!! I charged my blackberry all night and within a 1/2 hour of waking up, the battery was drained and the phone felt hot. Has anyone had this do that to them before?? The lady at Verizon said that it has happened to this particular phone a few times and so far no one has sent back the new stock that they just got in. Well, that's encouraging!! At least I got a brand new one and my new phone doesn't have any new scratches on it. lol
    05-13-10 01:45 PM
    Yup! Happened about a month ago!
    05-13-10 01:50 PM
    Yup! Happened about a month ago!
    Weird, I've never had that ever happen but at least it didn't catch fire...lol
    05-13-10 01:51 PM
    I would return it. That usually doesn't happen to BlackBerry smartphones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 01:57 PM
    Mine is sexy lol ..... Change your battery
    05-13-10 01:57 PM
    I would return it. That usually doesn't happen to BlackBerry smartphones.

1) As opposed to blackberry dumbphones?

2) That usually doesn't happen to all phones, not just blackberries.

But yeah, definitely was a battery issue.
    05-13-10 02:14 PM
    Was it hot where the battery was, or was it hot where the radio is located? I have the Tour, and I've read that the radio gets hot on it (which I personally DO experience, but only when talking on it for 15+ minutes -- never when it is charging and only mildly warm when I am using data).... Perhaps the same thing happened with your Curve? If it begins to happen with your new one, perhaps try closing all of your apps when it is charging. To test this, you might even want to try ......... dare I say it!? ....... turning your device off for just ONE night to see if it still gets hot.
    05-13-10 02:16 PM
    Yeah I would return it quick because that's not good. Also get a case so you don't get scratches.
    05-14-10 11:50 AM
    As I started before, the lady at Verizon said she's had a few returned like that. It was hot all the way through. I have had a case since I first purchased my blackberry.
    05-14-10 02:29 PM
    Mine is sexy lol ..... Change your battery
    I was just thinking the SAME thing LOL! Yea probaby the battery is going, or it could be you have a misbehaving app that is using the radios A LOT!
    05-14-10 02:36 PM
    I was just thinking the SAME thing LOL! Yea probaby the battery is going, or it could be you have a misbehaving app that is using the radios A LOT!
    yeah, could be! just strange that it drained the battery in like 1/2 hour and made it like a hot potato. Next time I am going to ask Verizon to provide me with a pot holder.
    05-14-10 05:21 PM
    yeah, could be! just strange that it drained the battery in like 1/2 hour and made it like a hot potato. Next time I am going to ask Verizon to provide me with a pot holder.
    Or a different phone of your choice since it happened more than once lol

05-15-10 12:49 AM
    My phone did this to me today. I took it into a Verizon store & they deemed it to be an issue with the phone. It killed my battery so the tech popped in a new battery, the device powered up but before it was on at full power it started to get hot again. They're shipping me a replacement that should arrive tomorrow & they gave me a new battery. I got my phone in February so I haven't had it long at all. Hopefully this isn't an issue I'll experience again! I had several LG before I switched to Bberry & had nothing but issues with them.
    05-28-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD