My Tour is frozen on the loading screen. It gets to about 2/3 of the way then just stops. I know its because of a theme I attempted to install. (That or my deleting Twitter for Blackberry. That's what it was originally rebooting for.)

I have done battery pulls, and I tried to pull up BBSAK but my computer wont recognize my blackberry at all for me to try and do a wipe at home. I did a search of the forums and all anyone seemed to recommend was to a. boot into safe mode, b. take it into Verizon and they'll reload the software, or c. get a replacement.

Can someone tell me how to boot into safe mode? I couldn't seem to find a thread that said HOW to do that. Also, is there anything I can do at all to fix this or is my Tour broken now and not salvageable? (I can't get a replacement because I got this phone off ebay.)

(Although from what the searched seemed to say was that there wasn't much I could do. I really hope that isn't the case.)

Thanks.
    07-03-10 01:19 AM
    Try this and let me know if it works.
    Doesnt work on all phones

How to Start or Boot BlackBerry Smartphone in Safe Mode | Gadgets DNA

ALWAYS BACK YOUR PHONE UP BEFORE INSTALLING AND UNINSTALLING SOFTWARE.
    07-03-10 01:32 AM
    Looks like I'm in the 'doesn't work' category.
    07-03-10 01:46 AM
    My opinion is that you dont have any other option other then to format and restart your phone from factory settings.

This usually is done by connecting your blackberry to your desktop manager and clicking update software.

For future please try to use google sync to back up your contacts or try and backup your blackberry using the desktop manager quiet frequently.

Sorry and best of luck,
    Jack
    07-03-10 01:54 AM
    My opinion is that you dont have any other option other then to format and restart your phone from factory settings.

This usually is done by connecting your blackberry to your desktop manager and clicking update software.

For future please try to use google sync to back up your contacts or try and backup your blackberry using the desktop manager quiet frequently.

Sorry and best of luck,
    Jack
    My computer won't recognize that it's plugged in, so I can't do anything that way.

I just got off the phone with verizon and they said I'm screwed. It's not fixable because THEY'D also have to connect it to a computer and if I isn't being recognized on MINE then it won't be on theirs either.
    07-03-10 02:34 AM
    Oh! It came back to life! I just plugged it into my computer, opened DM, then did a battery pull and it 'updated' the software. My phone is completely wiped (note to other kids, THIS is why you should do backups) but thankfully I didn't have anything crucial on it. Awesome.

SUPER awesome.
    07-03-10 02:58 AM
    I had a similar experience..I thought mine was bricked for good - it would never boot up even after the loading bar was filled. So I just kept plugging and replugging in the data cable until BBSAK showed connected.. I jumped on the "wipe device" button immediately
    07-03-10 03:12 AM
    I think you should reset your phone and start again. If not working, find someone can help directly you.
    07-03-10 03:23 AM
    Oh! It came back to life! I just plugged it into my computer, opened DM, then did a battery pull and it 'updated' the software. My phone is completely wiped (note to other kids, THIS is why you should do backups) but thankfully I didn't have anything crucial on it. Awesome.

SUPER awesome.
    That's nice to hear. Is it back to normal now? can you call, send message, email, use browser, etc?
    07-03-10 03:54 AM

SUPER awesome.
    Excellent news.

I prefer to use BlackBerry Desktop Manger too, it always seems to make a reliable connection with Applications Loader.
    07-03-10 11:50 AM
    Excellent news.

I prefer to use BlackBerry Desktop Manger too, it always seems to make a reliable connection with Applications Loader.
    I'd never heard of DM being used for this purpose before. I was really surprised when I plugged my phone in, just as a last ditch effort to save it... and it WORKED! Haha.

Regardless, it seems to be functioning just like normal.
    07-03-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD