I personally love the blackberry os. I had a storm when it first came out, went to a htc hero and now have the Tour for sprint. I have been reading crackberry for some time now and i'm getting tired of all the hate with the blackberry os. I personally love it. Its plain, simple and works. I love going to one thing and click to open. I had the hero and i don't care for widget at all. I really hope that 6.0 isn't a complete overhaul but just a minor tweeking. This is my own opinion and know i will hear some bashing. I just wanted to see if anyone else was with on this.
    03-15-10 10:01 PM
    Yep, I'm with you on this, as Iv'e said before elsewhere, I like how customizable it is. There are many options for doing many things. Yes, I'd like to see some changes, but I'd hate to see it changed into some faddish UI/ OS that would lose functionality.
    03-15-10 10:21 PM
    I personally love the blackberry os. I had a storm when it first came out, went to a htc hero and now have the Tour for sprint. I have been reading crackberry for some time now and i'm getting tired of all the hate with the blackberry os. I personally love it. Its plain, simple and works. I love going to one thing and click to open. I had the hero and i don't care for widget at all. I really hope that 6.0 isn't a complete overhaul but just a minor tweeking. This is my own opinion and know i will hear some bashing. I just wanted to see if anyone else was with on this.
    You shouldn't get any bashing over your opinion. There is nothing wrong with either point of view, it is just a personal preference. Don't ever be afraid to state an opinion if you believe in it.
    03-15-10 10:35 PM
    It's not that bad for maybe 5 years ago. It just needs to catch up with the times and the competition...imo
    03-15-10 10:40 PM
    You're not alone, kassdog. The OS is fine where it is. Once the new browser, flash, etc is released, I'll have no reason to look at other phones. The BBOS is straight, simple and to the point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 11:01 PM
    Lol. If you think BB OS is fine where its at then something is mentally wrong with you. It needs to be redone from the ground up. Its been the same OS for YEARS. 5.0 just happened to have gotten a skin put on It to make it look better.

03-16-10 12:26 AM
    It has been this way for years because it works. Explain why it needs a ground up redesign. Because it already does what its meant for perfect.

03-16-10 12:31 AM
    Lol. If you think BB OS is fine where its at then something is mentally wrong with you. It needs to be redone from the ground up. Its been the same OS for YEARS. 5.0 just happened to have gotten a skin put on It to make it look better.

Well, I'm convinced...
    03-16-10 12:42 AM
    I'm with OP. I don't need glitz and glam in my OS. It looks nice enough, and it works. As someone said, with webkit and flash, it'll be all I need. Widgets will be a nice plus. But that's my opinion.
    03-16-10 01:52 AM
    The BB's origin is the corporate world. Corporate users want efficiency and a short learning curve, and that's what the OS offers. The challenge for RIM is to make the interface modern and develop media/web capabilities without alienating its core users. That's why all you see are evolutionary changes.
    03-16-10 09:04 AM
    You're not alone, kassdog. The OS is fine where it is. Once the new browser, flash, etc is released, I'll have no reason to look at other phones. The BBOS is straight, simple and to the point.

never played with a Android or a iPhone then.... they don't have any thing close to all the menus that BB's have. and they are simple to use. when i bought the cliq, i picked it up and was using it like i had it for YEARS, and i'd never touched an Android phone before.

03-16-10 09:08 AM
    the OS is perfact how it is. why would RIM need to change the entire OS when people are snagging Blackberrys left and right yet! The best selling phone in the world is the Curve! RIM is doing everything great to be in the number one spot still
    03-16-10 09:27 AM
    I think the OS is fine how it is, granted i have only had my BB since October but i see nothing wrong with the OS, besides the browser could be faster. I don't care about widgets, and i don't understand why people keep complaining and wanting widgets on BB's. If you want a phone with widgets then switch from a Blackberry to whichever phones have widgets.
    03-16-10 10:06 AM
    the OS is perfact how it is. why would RIM need to change the entire OS when people are snagging Blackberrys left and right yet! The best selling phone in the world is the Curve! RIM is doing everything great to be in the number one spot still
    it's hard to justify that statement

lets look at all the curves
    1: 8300
    2: 8310
    3: 8320
    4: 8330
    5: 8520
    6: 8530
    7: 8900

Lets take one of those models and match up against any other other and the sales look "eh no big deal".

and with all the major carriers using a economy game of "Buy one Get one" so they get the data packages.....

it's all political games played.... and Nokia is the #1 Smart phone in the world BTW.

03-16-10 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD