That wasn't Google's fault anymore than if your lawyer had renewed a yellow pages ad for 2 years after a move without updating the address.

It's the business's responsibility to update their business entry. Any business that doesn't do that in the 21st Century is WAY out of touch.
    one of us is missing something: yellow page update yearly, google map, streetview, etc are archieved images, may or may not update yearly, that including the imaged company sign, (remember the apple head quarter loop image?). not sure the satellite images are dynamic or updated constantly.... In my case, google map showed old data that almost cost me (1) the lawyer fee (2) lost time for a time sensitive task - get witness signature by a lawyer... due to in accurate data on the google map... for me, i was lucky, with a bit of sweat (running and reschedule, find alternative lawyer - the original one was search "google" to get "lawyers close to me"), could be worse if there are something more urgent or important... I rest my case... I would double check at least next time... may be google plus yellow page...
    08-03-17 04:49 AM
    I believe the OP has left and is busy auditioning for a singing quartet.
    08-03-17 08:51 AM
    one of us is missing something: yellow page update yearly, google map, streetview, etc are archieved images, may or may not update yearly, that including the imaged company sign, (remember the apple head quarter loop image?). not sure the satellite images are dynamic or updated constantly.... In my case, google map showed old data that almost cost me (1) the lawyer fee (2) lost time for a time sensitive task - get witness signature by a lawyer... due to in accurate data on the google map... for me, i was lucky, with a bit of sweat (running and reschedule, find alternative lawyer - the original one was search "google" to get "lawyers close to me"), could be worse if there are something more urgent or important... I rest my case... I would double check at least next time... may be google plus yellow page...
    I think you lost most of us when you said you use Poynt....
    howarmat likes this.
    08-03-17 08:54 AM
    I use my phone as a communications tool primarily too. No games. Minimal social media.

Yes, lots of the functions of Android apps can be substituted with mobile web sites. Problems is, the BB10 browser is so outdated it's not practical to use. And I have not found an Android browser that runs at a decent speed on my Passport SE, which is the highest end BB10 device available.

I also use other communications platforms like WeChat and it's just too slow and limited the JellyBean compliant version that the Passport must run.

If they would update the browser to modern requirements, and update the Android runtime (speed it up too), it would be a more usable.

I held on to my Passport as long as I could but sometimes we got to move on.
    Well that couldn't happen. BB10 is forever stuck on 4.3 and nobody is left for BB10 development anyway... Good luck...
    08-03-17 09:04 AM
    I agree, I love bb10 but the browser is becoming a huge issue. If the browser was modernized, I could use bb10 for many more years.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-17 09:17 AM
    I agree, I love bb10 but the browser is becoming a huge issue. If the browser was modernized, I could use bb10 for many more years.

Posted via CB10
    And unfortunately due to the nature of bb10, that would require a new OS build every couple of months.
    08-03-17 09:23 AM
    I would also argue that as far as core communication capabilities, BBOS was better than BB10 anyway.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    08-03-17 09:46 AM
    I would also argue that as far as core communication capabilities, BBOS was better than BB10 anyway.
    Agreed. Although BIS is disappearing fast.
    08-03-17 10:11 AM
    Well that couldn't happen. BB10 is forever stuck on 4.3 and nobody is left for BB10 development anyway... Good luck...
    No need to wish me luck. I was just making observations. I've long moved on since my Priv and now K1.

Good luck to the OP though.
    08-03-17 11:18 AM
    I have decided I will get a cheap android tablet when I can afford it.
    08-03-17 12:13 PM
    BBOS was better in many ways. In fact, by the time the BB10 line up had evolved to the extent that it could begin to meet the refinement of BBOS, the BB10 platform was already doomed.

The thing that has always amazed me is how BlackBerry managed to keep ******* up. It was almost as if they wanted to fail.
    08-03-17 12:43 PM
    if I am not mistaken, the poynt search for business is based on yellow page... similarly, the gas price is based on gas buddy for poynt... i should just search use poynt (get the office address) with BBmap or mapquest to get the location, rather use google search plus google map... hopefully, i made my self a bit more understandable... a big lesson learned for me... (I was kicking myself... I was aware of apple headquarter loop event...silly me...).
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-03-17 12:44 PM
    I think this one has run out of half-lives. You can debate the same tired arguments over and over again, but that's already been done ad nauseam, emphasis on the nausea
    BigBadWulf and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    08-03-17 03:33 PM
88 ... 234