I got a brand new blackberry curve 8520 on Wednesday on Orange network, brand new from their website.

The sim card that it came with says 'Sim not provisioned:2' even though I registered it on their website, it has been saying it since Wednesday, can't send texts or call people.

So I put in my old sim card which is which I wanted to do anyway but when I put the old sim card in it won't recieve calls or send them or send texts either.

So I try another sim card and the same thing happens, these sim cards work fine in other phones but they won't work in my blackberry.

In the corner it says SOS, so I call an emergency number and it says;
    Phone not allowed MM#5

I emailed Orange but have had no response.

Anyone know what the problem is?
    07-17-10 01:43 PM
    Your old SIM will not work if it's not Orange, or if the phone is not unlocked. I'm not sure why the Orange SIM card isn't working though. You may have to wait for the response from them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 01:49 PM
    Yea basically Masa hit the nail on the head, if the phone is locked to one carrier you have to have a SIM card and the phone HAVE to be from matching companies.
    07-17-10 01:56 PM
    Put the Orange sim card back in. From the home screen select Menu/Options(wrench)Mobile network/Menu. Select Start Provisioning. You may have to select Sim Card/Menu/Start provisioning. I have a CDMA Curve so it may be different. Your really close so don't give up. Call your carrier if this fails.

07-17-10 01:58 PM
    Yea basically Masa hit the nail on the head, if the phone is locked to one carrier you have to have a SIM card and the phone HAVE to be from matching companies.
    Yes I know, but the old sim cards I used are from Orange and they're not working.
    07-17-10 02:16 PM
    Put the Orange sim card back in. From the home screen select Menu/Options(wrench)Mobile network/Menu. Select Start Provisioning. You may have to select Sim Card/Menu/Start provisioning. I have a CDMA Curve so it may be different. Your really close so don't give up. Call your carrier if this fails.

I went to the menu but there is no option to start provisioning.
    07-17-10 02:19 PM
    mabey its the phone
    07-17-10 02:21 PM
    Is there a store you can take it too or customer service # where You may be able To geta faster solution?

07-17-10 03:55 PM
    The start provisioning is in there somewhere. You have to find it! As soon as you do you should be up and running. Is there a setup icon anywhere. From home screen press menu. If you can find the Setup icon that should give you what you need. It will even walk you through it.

07-17-10 04:01 PM
    But how come my old Orange sim cards don't work?
    07-18-10 08:42 AM
    Take it into an Orange shop and they should be able to sort it out, if not they'll give you a new one. Just take proof of purchase with you (so they can see the date!). --im on orange too so I pretty much know what your dealing with although this has never happened to me!

07-18-10 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD