Hey guys, had my 9810 stolen yesterday evening at my gym.... reported it stolen within the hour after. I have a question though, Im on telus network, when that phone is reported stolen.... what does that do? Are the crooks able to use that phone? I was told Telus along with others, only blacklist them for 30 days unless a police report is filed? is that true?.... It just burns me that people are capable of walking away with a phone someone worked hard for and there is no "bricking" capability. It kinda sad to see these cellular companies doing nothing about that... which they can easily do...
    09-13-11 05:43 PM
    Did you have blackberry protect installed on it?
    09-13-11 06:32 PM
    Even if your Blackberry IMEI is blacklisted in some countries it still can be used on other carriers ... unfortunately, stolen devices can still be used and sold on general (i think that this is what you are asking, right?)
    But it's good that you have reported... how knows maybe the thief is also stupid enough to do some other bad things and get him self with trouble with the police with your Blackberry in his pocket...
    09-13-11 06:41 PM
    If u had a password,it will wipe it clean from trying to guess lock passeword.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 06:45 PM
    Hope u had insurance and most importantly Bb protect is like the best insurance on your phone.And with Bb protect activated your phone can be pretty much useless to a theif..
    09-13-11 07:09 PM
    yes bb protect was installed and set up... but all action i took from my computer is pending... phone is not connected to a network. maybe it is turned off or bb protect is off? i did not have password set up on phone which i regret although i find it bothersome to always type a password. yes i had insurance, new phone is on way... 150 bucks later though
    09-13-11 09:17 PM
    If the crook changed the SIM that defeats most of what BBP can do, that is likely why the stuff you tried is pending, either that or the battery is dead or the phone is just off. You can still BBM your old PIN number and send hate messages

CS
    09-13-11 09:40 PM
    as far as i understand.... regardless of what sim you put in.... bbp should find the phone, provided sim has a data plan... correct me if im wrong? also if phone unlocked? does that do something to bbp?
    09-13-11 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD