Which is why I said I wish life proof would do a z10 case. Case mate also makes a very protective Otter box style case that I would use before Otter box. I sell the damn things and the number we've had coming back since they changed the silicone to that silly putty feeling, brittle stuff they use now ...its ridiculous. ever since the debacle with the 9900 case damaging the phone and the lack of support they gave, plus the redesigned silicone that's gets brittle and tears if the temperature drops below 0...If it's the only option available then I would have to use it, but I would hunt high and low for something else first.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:42 AM
    Why would they reply when you clearly stated you won't be buying anyway? I'm sure they'd rather hear that users are chomping at the bit to purchase their products.
    I clearly stated that once they start producing a larger variety, I would buy. I thought I made that pretty clear.
    04-02-13 02:59 PM
    Another thing about the Defender for Z10 is that if you don't remove the screen protector it interferes with the sensitivity. There is a visible gap between the screen protector and the screen, meaning you must first press the screen protector into the screen before the press is transmitted to the phone.
    I completely disagree. I use the otterbox every single weekday, I have never had an issue with the screen protector and screen sensitivity.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    04-02-13 05:39 PM
    I completely disagree. I use the otterbox every single weekday, I have never had an issue with the screen protector and screen sensitivity.

Both myself and a friend have found that we had to press noticeably harder with the OtterBox screen protector. And an audible click was evident when typing.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:30 PM
    Both myself and a friend have found that we had to press noticeably harder with the OtterBox screen protector. And an audible click was evident when typing.

Posted via CB10
    I tend to more agree with you. In the Otterbox Defender that I had with my Torch 9850, it was raised so much you could hear a click. And anyone I know who owns an Otterbox Defender says you just need to press harder. My experience with iPhone 5, PlayBook, Torch 9850, and Droid Razr. My friend who just got one for his iPhone 4s hates that part of it.
    04-02-13 07:06 PM
    I have been super happy with the Seidio Convert Combo that I've been using on my 9900.

Just ordered the Surface Case(with kickstand) Combo from CrackBerry (case and holster) for my new Z10. Click "Add to Cart" to see the combo offer. Seidio website shows "Coming Soon" for the add on pieces to make up the Convert Combo, see below for what I mean (add on pieces: 2 additional case layers, 2nd holster). Both holsters are designed with sleeper magnets. Touch/feel of the materials used for the cases is weirdly "soft/buttery" but not slick or slippery.

Convert Combo consists of the Surface Case (2 piece rigid plastic- super easy on/off for nekkid use) for everyday use, then when you need more protection you add a rubbery cover OVER the Surface case and put a "skeleton" over that. 3 layers, all ports covered, including the camera/flash. Flip down window that locks into the skeleton when you want to use the camera, flip up rubber covers over the ports. Clip type holster for full on protection with a locking phone-clip mechanism and a large/duty belt capacity belt clip. When in the Surface Case only, you have to use a slightly smaller holster designed for the Surface, no where near the size/heft of the Convert with the LARGE belt clip capacity. Very flexible, handy if you don't mind having 2 holsters. Allowed me to take my 9900 from the conference room to the field, and easily assemble/disassemble for nekkid use or battery swaps.

Hope the Surface / Convert combo is as good on the Z10.

FWIW.
    04-02-13 07:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hardly need to touch my screen to scroll through a page. I hear the "click" but it doesn't bother me.

04-02-13 07:47 PM
    Which is why I said I wish life proof would do a z10 case. Case mate also makes a very protective Otter box style case that I would use before Otter box. I sell the damn things and the number we've had coming back since they changed the silicone to that silly putty feeling, brittle stuff they use now ...its ridiculous. ever since the debacle with the 9900 case damaging the phone and the lack of support they gave, plus the redesigned silicone that's gets brittle and tears if the temperature drops below 0...If it's the only option available then I would have to use it, but I would hunt high and low for something else first.

Posted via CB10
    What debacle with 9900 case damaging the phone are you referring to? My 9900 has been in and out the Defender so many times in just over a year and no issues. And, I've had mine in -25*C weather on a consistent basis without any cracking

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:43 PM
    I hardly need to touch my screen to scroll through a page. I hear the "click" but it doesn't bother me.

Me as well, although I'm not sure what clicking noise either of you are referring to lol

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:44 PM
    these companies need to hear from us....great idea OP
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-02-13 08:45 PM
    Another thing about the Defender for Z10 is that if you don't remove the screen protector it interferes with the sensitivity. There is a visible gap between the screen protector and the screen, meaning you must first press the screen protector into the screen before the press is transmitted to the phone.
    That "gap" is very temporary until the built in screen protector adheres to the screen, much like with the PlayBook Defender. And mine does not affect the sensitivity of my phone in any way.

Posted via CB10
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-02-13 08:46 PM
    What debacle with 9900 case damaging the phone are you referring to? My 9900 has been in and out the Defender so many times in just over a year and no issues. And, I've had mine in -25*C weather on a consistent basis without any cracking

Posted via CB10
    Google this site and Otter box damaging bold 9900. Several members got reimbursed for damaged phones from the defender case. They had to pull the line and redesign the case.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:48 PM
    Google this site and Otter box damaging bold 9900. Several members got reimbursed for damaged phones from the defender case. They had to pull the line and redesign the case.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm will have to look into this as again, I've had my Defender for over a year and it never damaged my phone in any way lol guess I was one of the lucky ones

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:49 PM
    i can't stand the otterbox's anyways. I find them to be way overrated.
    04-02-13 08:53 PM
    I've had Otterbox's on my 9860, PlayBook, and now my Z10.

In my opinion, the Commuter was the better case on my 9860. The phone survived a 23 foot fall to concrete in that case, with only a small crack on the Lock button. The phone is still going strong; I gave it to my Luddite brother when the Z10 came out. The Defender case was chintzy, the rubber constantly wanting to separate from the plastic shell.

As far as Defender for PlayBook, excellent case. Really love the sliding cover for the main camera, and I don't feel it impedes the touch-sensitivity of the screen.

I have a love-hate with the Defender on my Z10. I use a screen protector under the screen cover, and although touch-sensitivity is diminshed slightly, I don't find it excessive. The case offers excellent protection, and is very good at preventing dust intrusion (and, to a certain extent, water). The problem is the holster. It's crap. Honestly, there are no side bolsters at the bottom, so the phone slips sideways at the bottom and eventually pops out. My phone fell out 4 times the first morning I had it. This wouldn't be so bad in an office, but in rocks, dirt, and water on a construction site? I don't even use the holster anymore unless I'm in a 'relaxed' setting, like a meeting. Not exactly the quality design I thought I was paying for.

So, OP, I'm also on Otterbox's back right now, but not because I want more options. And I think black is fine, it matches my Z10. Just give me a f***ing holster that doesn't drop my phone.
    04-02-13 10:33 PM
    I'd like to see a clear Otterbox that doesn't hide the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:18 PM
41 12