I thought I would share my story of how I'm back with my BB.
    So in Jan 2009 I got my first real smart phone (curve 8330)it was awesome, I loved it. I told all my firends about how great BB's were and they all got one. Now fastforward a year later I had moved up to the Tour 9630 and really enjoyed that phone as well. But now sometime in 2010 I got lured by this big plank of a phone called Android. It was great at first but the countless reboots did me in. I then jumped ships to iOS. I did like my iPhone there are actually not to many things I can think off hand, but something was missing. Now fast forward to present day, I just sold my iPhone 4 and picked up a Bold 9650(because of money restraints this was what I could afford). Now I know this phone is old news but I can't believe how nice OS6 runs on it. Now I'm done leaving ship and honestly as lame as it sounds I think something with the flashing led I always missed on my other phones has something to do with it! Now as I bang this out on my 9650 all I'm missing is a couple key apps(amazon,Imdb,craigslist,USA today) I would be happy as could be. There is one thing I hav noticed though that is bugging me a bit-whats with all the reboots evrytime I update/download a app? Other then that I'm back to my daily stops at CB!
    P.S. Kevins energy on all his podcasts really helped me with my decision to come back as well so thanks Kevin!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    12-03-11 08:25 PM
    Yes I know, the reboots...and there's one app (I won't mention the name) that seems to upgrade every other day

The QNX OS in the playbook doesn't do this. You download the app, that's it. You plug the pb to a USB port, it shows-up as a drive, that's it i.e. no rebooting with BBX phones
    12-03-11 08:47 PM
    The reboots are because of the java based OS as anthogag stated when BBX phones come out it will be a thing of the past.
    12-03-11 08:53 PM
    Don't worry, Javas gonna be going out from BB pretty soon.
    12-04-11 06:03 AM
    Talked this morning to a friend who moved from BlackBerry to the iPhone after a couple of years. While he loves the iPhone, and thinks it's a great piece of technology, he has mentioned that he's changed a few habits because of the phone. He now tries to avoid responding to emails on his phone cause he doesn't like typing on the touchscreen. Also, he initially found himself missing the red light indicator, but later found it to be a blessing in disguise (A common habit he had with his BlackBerry is looking down for the red light mid conversation and checking his email/texts while talking to someone else).

He misses those things, but not enough to switch back. To be honest, Siri makes it pretty hard to switch back. Apart from the playing around, it's actually a great business tool.
    12-04-11 12:18 PM
    I just got rid of my iphone too and picked up a Droid Pro. Its nice to have decent keyboard again and led. The only reason I didn't get a 9900 is due to the browser isn't quite as good as I want it to be so once the new BB phones come out I will be back asap.
    12-04-11 12:34 PM
    I just got rid of my iphone too and picked up a Droid Pro. Its nice to have decent keyboard again and led. The only reason I didn't get a 9900 is due to the browser isn't quite as good as I want it to be so once the new BB phones come out I will be back asap.
    I am actually surprised to see you type that the 9900's browser is not up to par. I thought the 9930 I used for a bit rocked in terms of browser. I think RIM has done a great job in this area.
    12-04-11 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD