Hey guys,
    I just got a Curve 8520 this week.
    I downloaded the precision L theme from here:
    yosaki.net78.net/precisionl/p...l1.0.2-4.6.jad
    I am having one problem:
    On my home screen, whenever I get a message or miss a call, the call log and message icons don't display that little red star notification icon.
    I will get the tiny little icon at the top of the screen that shows that I have 3 emails for example, but I can't get it to update the home screen so that the larger icons will display notification that I've received an email/text or missed a call.

I have already gone to the Options>General options>Display new message indicator and selected YES.
    I have rebooted, taken out the battery, tried moving the icon out of the top 9 icon slots and back. Nothing works.

What's the deal here??
    Thanks!

PS: I don't log on here very often, so please email me if you have a solution.
    Thanks!
    mushhawk@yahoo.com
    08-08-10 04:13 AM
    get in touch with your service provider.
    you will need to reload the device OS
    08-08-10 05:45 AM
    It may be because of the 3rd party theme you are using at the moment. Switch to the stock precision theme and see whether you get the 'red star' icon when a new email arrives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 07:05 AM
    I agree with ST79. At least, try the regular/standard theme to see if the red star shows up. If it does, it is the theme you are using that is the problem. If not, something else is amiss.
    08-08-10 10:22 AM
    Not the theme, above Display New Message should be Display Message Count. Set this to Unread.

08-08-10 10:30 AM
    I had it set to "Unread" already. That wasn't the problem.

I just tried switching it back to the original theme that was on the blackberry when I got it. It displays the message notifications properly with that original theme.
    So, it is the theme that is the problem.

How do I set up this theme so that it displays the messages properly?
    Is there anyway to tweak this new "L" theme so that it displays the new messages properly? (and updates the home screen properly)
    Has anyone else downloaded this particular theme?
    Last edited by thedude1; 08-08-10 at 06:29 PM.
    08-08-10 06:20 PM
    Guess I was wrong. You can send the maker an email and let him know of the bug. Make sure and include your Os and bb model #.

08-08-10 06:58 PM
    I'm not sure how to get a hold of the maker...
    08-08-10 07:42 PM
    Go back to wherever you got the theme from.
    08-08-10 07:44 PM
    I kind of gave up on trying to contact the developer. I found it randomly online and don't even know that there is anyone to contact...

The good news: This guy named Geoff (GEO-FF-FF...supposedly pronounced Jeff) said he was going to have a regular looking L theme without the today part or anything like that. He said it should be finished in the next couple weeks. I assume he will have it on this site:
    BlackBerry App World - Geoff's Applications
    Last edited by thedude1; 08-13-10 at 03:01 PM.
    08-13-10 02:53 PM
    Similar problem! I dlownloaded the new bbm 5.01 and now i dont get the notification icon on home screen for all groups except one

whats the deal with that? i get all other icons just not the groups except one
    08-15-10 09:39 PM
    I am trying to DISABLE my bbm message alerts in the new bbm but can't find where to make this change..

08-15-10 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD