I have google maps and when I push the little blue icon in the bottom right corner it says that the GPS is temporarily unavail. what can I do???
    12-20-08 02:08 AM
    Google maps doesnt work with Storm's gps yet. Support will come hopefully in the future. You can use BBmaps or subscribe to VZNavigator
    12-20-08 02:11 AM
    Google maps doesnt work with Storm's gps yet. Support will come hopefully in the future. You can use BBmaps or subscribe to VZNavigator
    Or buy Garmin Mobile.
    12-20-08 02:12 AM
    how much is garman?? oh and I heeard a VZ tech talking to his buddies when he thought he hung up the phone and he was saying that VZNav is freezing everyone's phone but they arent allowed to tell customers that.
    12-20-08 02:14 AM
    I use and subscribe to VZN ...i absolutely love it...although its no way in comparison to how cool google maps looks on the iphone...except for....

VZnavigator has some cool features like turn by turn directions, navigate to any airport in the us, local movie and restaurant search, contact list etc....
    12-20-08 02:17 AM
    I had VZNav for two days but I think that may have been one of the main reasons for my lag problems. Do you have any freezing or lag at all?
    12-20-08 02:25 AM
    Not really that i noticed...you should see how many apps are running on the bg and se eif you can close some of them to free up some memory...see if this helps
    12-20-08 02:30 AM
    what do you mean "running on the bg" whats the bg?? I have 36mb of free memory right now. I deleted as much of the crap as possible.
    12-20-08 02:42 AM
    what do you mean "running on the bg" whats the bg?? I have 36mb of free memory right now. I deleted as much of the crap as possible.
    BG = background...each time you open an app, you may not be closing it properly...depending on the key you press
    12-20-08 02:48 AM
    VZNav has not frozen my phone and I have bee using it HEAVILY. Just tonight found out that if you type in the numbers of the address then the first or first couple letters of the street name then press the enter key, it will put in a street name that starts w that letter and the city and state. That way you can just backspace and type in the street name and not have to deal with typong in the city and state name everytime you use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 03:11 AM
    It saves on the time you spend typing in the address, which greatly helps a those of us in the delivery business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 03:13 AM
    I tried Google maps and found it was showing me within a few hundred yards of my actual location. I assumed it was using cell towers to locate itself. I just started BBmaps and stepped outside to see if it my phone would locate itself -- it didn't appear to work. How do you check to see if GPS is functioning?
    12-20-08 08:10 AM
    I tried Google maps and found it was showing me within a few hundred yards of my actual location. I assumed it was using cell towers to locate itself. I just started BBmaps and stepped outside to see if it my phone would locate itself -- it didn't appear to work. How do you check to see if GPS is functioning?
    Nevermind. I found another thread on Googlemaps and learned that we are waiting for a fix from Google. As for BBMaps I learned that you need to turn the GPS on in advanced options. BBMaps now works fine. Why the heck don't these companies give you a decent manual to figure this stuff out. How many "normal" people spend their time researching this sh** on crackberry.com?
    12-20-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD