Well you are on a BlackBerry forum... Of course you're going to hear about it and the people the most vocal here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I was actually thinking about the rest of the world. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. I just get a bit tired of all the whining about a freaking phone. If I was as upset as some of the posters seem to be, I would leave the platform. Real easy...ebay, Craigslist ect. Get rid of the stuff and get something else. It's a phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:10 PM
    I was actually thinking about the rest of the world. I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. I just get a bit tired of all the whining about a freaking phone. If I was as upset as some of the posters seem to be, I would leave the platform. Real easy...ebay, Craigslist ect. Get rid of the stuff and get something else. It's a phone.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't seen too much bellyaching other than passing mentions of the PlayBook on non-BlackBerry specific sites or media. Most of it has been right here. Realistically, the rest of the tech world has already given up on the PlayBook long ago...it's only the most die hard fans and users that still care about it. For some it's not the fact that BB10 won't be coming to PlayBook itself, but it's seen as just one more mis-execution in what seems to be a long line of them going back a couple years. It's about the lack of confidence BlackBerry inspires every time it says something due to its recent track record.

No one wants to hear bad news...but it doesn't help that the company is providing just that for people to report on.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-11-13 11:10 PM
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-12-13 07:38 AM
    Thor did not lie to us. He told us what BlackBerry intended to do at one period in time, then came out and told us what BlackBerry decided to do instead. No lies, just the truths, as they existed during the period of time they were truths.
    Did you work for Bill Clinton?
    msps likes this.
    07-12-13 07:41 AM

Am I disappointed? Sure! Did I expect it to come? Absolutely! But I also understand that this is an industry that has many challenges, and as a shareholder, I'm pleased that he made the better decision to stay the course of releasing quality products and services, than to give the critics another reason to beat up the company.

you had me right up to the end there... With respect, I find it hard to believe that the media would differentiate all that much between BBRY 'telling another lie'/'missing another deadline' and delivering a substandard product (on time or otherwise). The media seems to love hating BBRY. I can see how that could be very frustrating as a stock holder.. Even more frustrating, I would think, is the fact that the tech community seems to continually drink the coolaid from Apple even though they complain about features not being included that have been asked for and speculative timelines but it just seems to be an attitude of 'well, they're at the top of the sector and know best' It will be interesting to see how many reveiwers and critics are willing and able to acknowledge the new sector leader when Apple gets overtaken..
    07-12-13 08:17 AM
    you had me right up to the end there... With respect, I find it hard to believe that the media would differentiate all that much between BBRY 'telling another lie'/'missing another deadline' and delivering a substandard product (on time or otherwise). The media seems to love hating BBRY. I can see how that could be very frustrating as a stock holder.. Even more frustrating, I would think, is the fact that the tech community seems to continually drink the coolaid from Apple even though they complain about features not being included that have been asked for and speculative timelines but it just seems to be an attitude of 'well, they're at the top of the sector and know best' It will be interesting to see how many reveiwers and critics are willing and able to acknowledge the new sector leader when Apple gets overtaken..
    True enough, and the fact that Apple has been on top as long as they have makes most people just accept what Apple is serving...no questions asked.

Me? I like the fact that BlackBerry has the guts to go into a new direction, even if it hurts in the short term. I believe that they will carve themselves out a new niche as they did in the beginning, and will be successful long term.

However, as a shareholder feeling the pain in the present...I can't help but feel a bit nervous at times.
    07-15-13 05:45 PM
106 ... 345