Hi Everyone!!

I have a question thats pretty dire! lol

My boyfriend is currently travelling thru Egypt and I am in canada. We have been keeping in touch thru Whatsapp. We had a bit of a fight the other day, and I just sent a very regrettable message that I can see hasnt been delivered to him yet, and most likely wont be until he comes to a place with some wifi. Is there anyway to delete that message before he reads it. can I uninstall and then reinstall Whatsapp or something?. DOH!!
    I have noticed that the message has reached the whatsapp servers, as there is 1 checkmark beside the message. but it hasnt got the two checkmarks as of yet indicating that it has reached his phone.

ANYTHING I CAN DO?...or am i doomed?

Cheers!
    01-26-12 03:33 PM
    I think the best thing to do at this point is to apologize for what was said in the heat of the moment. Tell him that now that you have had a chance to think on things, what you said was out of line. Then offer him nookie when he comes home. Guys like that .
    AbuYazeedUK and Spencerdl like this.
    01-26-12 03:37 PM
    probably doomed. once it is sent it would normally be on the server for awhile. you may be lucky and if it doesnt get delivered in a certain amount of time it may time out.

if its anything like bbm it will push until delivered.
    01-26-12 03:39 PM
    LOL...
    That was the message that I was sending...I realized that I shouldnt be apologizing for HIS behaviour, as hes been very distant and unaffectionate while hes been away...lol. Wait. this is turning into a relationship question!!
    01-26-12 03:40 PM
    DOH!!! Im doomed. and now im never gonna hear the end of me "bugging" him on his travels...in fact, theres a strong possiblity i may be single soon.
    01-26-12 03:44 PM
    Yea I think sent to server means its just waiting to be received now, don't think you can stop it
    Also the advice that follows is key
    I think the best thing to do at this point is to apologize for what was said in the heat of the moment. Tell him that now that you have had a chance to think on things, what you said was out of line. Then offer him nookie when he comes home. Guys like that .
    You obviously regret your message so you feel bad, just apologize.
    01-26-12 04:11 PM
    Hi Kelly, I'm 6'1, like sunset walks on the beach...just kidding, goodluck with this.
    01-26-12 04:11 PM
    Just send another message starting with

"Please disregard the last message. What I meant to say was..."

Then reassert yourself. Good luck!
    01-26-12 04:14 PM
    Hi Everyone!!

I have a question thats pretty dire! lol

My boyfriend is currently travelling thru Egypt and I am in canada. We have been keeping in touch thru Whatsapp. We had a bit of a fight the other day, and I just sent a very regrettable message that I can see hasnt been delivered to him yet, and most likely wont be until he comes to a place with some wifi. Is there anyway to delete that message before he reads it. can I uninstall and then reinstall Whatsapp or something?. DOH!!
    I have noticed that the message has reached the whatsapp servers, as there is 1 checkmark beside the message. but it hasnt got the two checkmarks as of yet indicating that it has reached his phone.

ANYTHING I CAN DO?...or am i doomed?

Cheers!
    So, you no longer want to apologize and offer nookie. How about a "Forget the last message. We need to talk when you get back." followup?
    01-26-12 04:34 PM
    Good luck Kelly. Hopefully things work out for u.
    01-26-12 04:36 PM
    So, you no longer want to apologize and offer nookie. How about a "Forget the last message. We need to talk when you get back." followup?
    No... Don't ever use the "we need to talk" approach, it strikes fear in the hearts of men.
    01-26-12 04:37 PM
    Boy, is Jeovex right!!!
    01-26-12 05:44 PM
    No... Don't ever use the "we need to talk" approach, it strikes fear in the hearts of men.
    exactly!

Woman says:
    We Need to talk

Man hears:
    You did something wrong and I'm not telling you want, good luck
    01-26-12 05:56 PM
    exactly!

Woman says:
    We Need to talk

Man hears:
    You did something wrong and I'm not telling you want, good luck
    That and the possility that the thing you need to talk about will be uncomfortable, or she would tell you in advance.
    Sends your mind reeling.
    01-26-12 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD