My aunt is giving me a Blackberry Curve! It will be my first blackberry! I'm soo excited. I had an iphone for a while, but what good is a smartphone if it can't multitask. I always knew my new phone would be either a BB or a G1, but now that im getting a BB, i no longer have to make that decision. Sooo....I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or tips for me? I don't know if its the new 8900...(I think it is), but in case it's an older curve, is it possible to upgrade to the new OS. I like the black and neon look of the new BB OS. Also, how does one go about getting the BB app store?
    04-14-09 02:20 AM
    Welp-if it's the 8900 then OS 4.6 (that black and neon look you like) will be preloaded on there...if not and it's an older curve, you can always download a replica theme like I did to make it look like that. As for the appstore, you can go the mobile.blackberry.com and download it to your phone from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 02:26 AM
    If it is an 83XX curve instead of an 8900 there are a lot of themes you can download to give it the 8900 appearance and icons.

I would recommend downloading the appworld app store. If you do, grab the stuff you want, then delete appworld from your BB.

04-14-09 02:28 AM
    04-14-09 02:29 AM
    I meant, I wouldn't recommend downloading appworld.

04-14-09 02:30 AM
    If you do, grab the stuff you want, then delete appworld from your BB.
    Why do you recommend deleting the app store afterwards?
    04-14-09 02:33 AM
    I meant, I wouldn't recommend downloading appworld.
    Why not? Does it suck like the Apple app store? Is it filled with 95% crap like the apple app store? lol...the apple app store sucks btw, if you cant tell.
    04-14-09 02:34 AM
    Yeah, it sucks both in content and it'll drop your memory resources too. It's a real memory hog IMO.

04-14-09 02:57 AM
    Most of the stuff on app world you can download by searching around online, some even from the rim website.

And yes it takes up quite a bit of memory so I wouldn't keep it around lol unless they start carrying some wicked apps you can't get anywhere else lol

04-14-09 08:08 AM
    Welcome to CB.

Marhaban!!!

Bienvenido a casa!!!!

سلام
    04-14-09 08:19 AM
    Welcome, to the world of BlackBerry and the CrackBerry forums!

AG gave you some great links, and you will find that the learning Curve is a process, not really a destination.

The more you read, learn, and share, the more proficient you'll become. Enjoy that new BB, and prepare for thumb pain and loss of sleep!

04-14-09 08:27 AM
    Welcome to crackberry! If you haven't checked it out already look at the 101 lecture series that's found in my sig. There is a ton of info that will help you in your new addiction.
    04-14-09 09:35 AM
    Oh, and send me $2!

04-14-09 09:36 AM
    Nothing I can add informationwise, BUT I also wanted to take the time to welcome you to Crackberry.com! I'm available for questions and help too, by email, or PM.
    04-14-09 09:55 AM
    Did anyone else switch from an iphone to a BB? If so what are your comparison thoughts and are you orverall happy. What do you wish or miss on your iphone that you wish your BB had?
    04-15-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD