I currently have a 9800, i bought it at launch.. My contract expires soon. I REALLY want a bb10 phone but my 9800 is starting to die on me ( I havent been very gentle with it haha). If i go ahead and buy a 9900 will RIM have some sort of trade in promotion for it when bb10 phones launch?
    07-04-12 11:36 PM
    I currently have a 9800, i bought it at launch.. My contract expires soon. I REALLY want a bb10 phone but my 9800 is starting to die on me ( I havent been very gentle with it haha). If i go ahead and buy a 9900 will RIM have some sort of trade in promotion for it when bb10 phones launch?
    Nothing like that announced so far. Could they do it? Sure. Will they? Your guess is as good as mine.
    07-05-12 12:06 AM
    If history is any indicator... no... They have had credit for trade in ( at least in Canada ) but a straight trade up.... no.... that being said... would be a great marketing idea... RIM however does not seem ot excel in that
    07-05-12 12:14 AM
    my question is why would they? i don't see why people expect this from them u have a choice to make u buy a 9900 series device that's your choice to buy it... its also a great device u will be happy with it but they are not going to be like hey u bought a phone 6 months ago so while we are always planning new devices and moving forward we are going to loose some more money and give u an early up grade which really has to so with ur carrier not us directly. people dont expect apple, Samsung, Motorola to give early up grades just because they go from iphone 4 to the 4s or gs2 to the gs3... so why hold blackberry to some crazy standard like they owe us something... sorry if i sound rude just see alot of this same question and it blowes my mind... but im sure they are not going to give us all up grades just because they release a new phone

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-05-12 12:25 AM
    Get the 9900 & when BB10 is out sale the 9900.
    07-05-12 12:34 AM
    Get the 9900 & when BB10 is out sale the 9900.
    Yeah i guess I could sell it..
    07-05-12 12:42 AM
    Just tough it out eh. You won't regret it
    07-05-12 12:50 AM
    I'll tell you a sprint story. I purchased a blackberry style in may 2011 because sprint said they weren't gonna get the os 7 torch till December. After pushing me into this crappy phone and the style bb flip phone is crap they wouldn't let me just drop it in favor of the torch. The strange thing is they told me they would give me the torch at new subscriber price but conveniently forgot about that agreement when torch was avail after 4 mos. they claimed blackberry wouldn't let them discount. I switched to the iPhone 6 weeks ago after demoing the two phones side by side and the iPhone 4s was noticeably faster than the iOS torch. Thank god I'm a sprint gold customer so I was eligible for upgrade to this after one year and wasn't stuck with style for two years.
    Last edited by JTATL; 07-05-12 at 12:56 AM.
    07-05-12 12:53 AM
    @JTATL in your defense the styles was already an old phone in may of 2011, H3ll I had the 9800 at that time. This is why we get a lot of folks saying how bad the BB was when compered to a newer more advance phone.
    07-05-12 01:13 AM
    @JTATL in your defense the styles was already an old phone in may of 2011, H3ll I had the 9800 at that time. This is why we get a lot of folks saying how bad the BB was when compered to a newer more advance phone.
    Yes sprint while it has great 99.00 simply everything unlimited seemed to get blackberry phone upgrades far slower but when u use 6000 minutes like I do a month you absolutely need it. They didn't get the os 7 torch till September last year. Kinda what I like about iPhone a Verizon iPhone is same as AT&T iPhone is same as Sprint iPhone. The is no carrier model differentiation, because there is only one model the iPhone 4s.
    Last edited by JTATL; 07-05-12 at 01:30 AM.
    07-05-12 01:17 AM
    I would just get the 9900, love it for a few months, and sell it when BB10 comes out.
    07-05-12 02:17 AM
    get something else. If your phone is in shambles its no point to wait around for a BB10 phone that is slated to be released in 2013 or might not even be released at all.

the 9900 is a great phone, but do you really wanna be stuck in a contract with a phone released in Summer 2011 all the way until 2014??

if i were you I would buy a 9900 out of contract and save the upgrade, or use your upgrade now for something else. Blackberry is not known for releasing ANY device on time, so I wouldn't wait around on them. Q1 2013 could mean a March 2013 release. Are you really willing to wait that long?....for something that might not even come out?
    07-05-12 09:33 AM
    I would not use an upgrade on an OS 7 phone if you're looking to get a newer phone or specifically an OS 7 phone, just buy one outright cause if you do go to sell it once BB10 launches the hit from depreciation wouldn't be so bad.

Plus you will be able to get the BB 10 phone for a lot less.
    07-05-12 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD