Hi, sinsce yesterday my bb wont start... I take of the battery a lot of times, make a soft reset, and nothing seems to work.. it stays frozen at the white screen when is is trying to go on.

Do I have to do a manufacturer reset?

Pls can someone help me?
    01-01-11 12:20 PM
    When you install the battery, you should see a spinning hour glass icon on a white background. It is not unusual for that to take a long time and has to start over again if interrupted. Give it at least an hour.

If there is no hour glass, you may have to reinstall the OS software, loosing any unsaved messages or data in the process.
    01-01-11 12:31 PM
    when i install the battery the spinning our glass has been always on a black screen wiht white letters, after that is goes to a white screen with the blackberry title and Icon and it stays there frozen.

I dont know what else to do...pls help me I haveing been able to use my phone since yesterday
    01-01-11 12:34 PM
    Got you, it is doing a normal start up until it fails to build the desktop.

Have you installed any Theme software reciently?

Have you installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manger software? You will need that to backup your data and perhaps correct problems with the BlackBerry software.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software
    01-01-11 12:57 PM
    Yes I have the blackberry desktop manager, but it wont connect to my phone, it also stays freeze in " connecting".. im not able to enter neither boths ways
    01-01-11 01:04 PM
    pls someone help me I ... how do I do a manufacturer reset directly on my phone without turning ON... is there any button on the smartphone?
    01-01-11 01:18 PM
    Have you been able to connect to your computer and make a backup of your data in the past?

Some models feature a Safe Start option.

Quick Tip - How to Boot Your BlackBerry in Safe Mode | CrackBerry.com

it works with most devices running OS 4.6 and higher. ...

You simply perform a battery pull and then hold the Back key until the Safe Mode dialog appears. ...
    KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

01-01-11 01:19 PM
    If the method I suggested in reply to your PM is followed there is a possibility of losing your data. I don't recall if I mentioned that part. With luck, you can get apploader to connect, and it may back up your data, but no guarantees.

Then again, if DM won't connect, your options are pretty much limited to apploader and if the device won't work anyway, there's really not much to lose...

I think I recall reading that a sort of safe mode can be triggered by holding the back button (near the trackpad) or by holding that and alt while you're booting it.
    01-01-11 01:21 PM
    Yes, I did backup few weeks ago....
    01-01-11 01:30 PM
    tksss alot is restart with the safe mode... now what should I do? to restart it normally? how can I see what is the problem?... Can I make backup using this mode?
    01-01-11 01:41 PM
    That is good news.

My BlackBerry does not do Safe Mode, hopefully one of our members can quide you through checking it out further.

01-01-11 01:47 PM
    tksss alot is restart with the safe mode... now what should I do? to restart it normally? how can I see what is the problem?... Can I make backup using this mode?
    What was the last thing you installed before this happened? You might want to consider removing that or checking the permissions. Before doing that though: walk us through the last things that happened before you got the white screen. Did it reboot itself or something else?

It may be a good idea to make a backup while you've got it on and before changing anything.
    01-01-11 01:48 PM
    the desktop manager wont make backup. the following error comes up:
    AppName: rim.desktop.exe AppVer: 6.0.0.43 ModName: msvcr90.dll
    ModVer: 9.0.21022.8 Offset: 0006c955

the last app application I installed was:

Missed call assistant, Mr. number Callblock.

What should I see in the permissions?especifically
    01-01-11 02:05 PM
    ya me hizo backup pero lo que no quiere es sincronizar.
    01-01-11 02:07 PM
    sorry I wrote it in spanish... what I meant was that it already did a backup, but it wont sincronize... should I erase the last applications installed? should I restore original settings?... what is ur recommendation?
    01-01-11 02:09 PM
    First of all, please do make a new backup just incase anything goes wrong.

Second, please answer the following questions:

1) When was the last time that the phone worked correctly?

2) Do you recall installing any application recently? Might be the cause of our problem?

3) Do you recall installing any new theme?

4) Has the phone been dropped?

5) Has the phone been exposed to water?

Please try to be detailed as much as possible to help us give you a proper solution.
    01-01-11 02:19 PM
    sorry I wrote it in spanish... what I meant was that it already did a backup, but it wont sincronize... should I erase the last applications installed? should I restore original settings?... what is ur recommendation?
    If the phone was working fine before you installed these 2 applicaitons, and since one of them says it is a call block, which means it may always be running, try uninstalling them then do a battery pull (remove the battery for a few seconds then put it back), then let us know if it starts normall or not.

If it did not, start it again in safe mode
    01-01-11 02:22 PM
    hellooo I already uninstall both of the applications I said... and it starts normally... tks very much for ur help, it was awsome to count with u, instead I was going to throw my bb through the window....

Happy new year!!
    01-01-11 02:30 PM
    hellooo I already uninstall both of the applications I said... and it starts normally... tks very much for ur help, it was awsome to count with u, instead I was going to throw my bb through the window....

Happy new year!!

Glad we could be of any assistance to you

Should you have any further inquiries or clarifications, please do not hesitate to post again for us to help you.

Happy new year.
    Reed McLay likes this.
    01-01-11 02:40 PM
    As my experience,you can pull the battery and then reset next day.And another way ,throw your bb to the ground in a little heignt.Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 09:29 PM
    As my experience,you can pull the battery and then reset next day.And another way ,throw your bb to the ground in a little heignt.Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There is some basis for this. Back in the day of Ni-Cad battery technology, a dead battery could occasionally be reactivated by a shock. A drop of several inches is enough to jar loose the internal structure a little and let it continue discharging.

However, BlackBerry uses a Lithium polymer battery, a totaly different physical structure and it is not affected by minor shock.
    CASH likes this.
    01-01-11 10:04 PM
    There is some basis for this. Back in the day of Ni-Cad battery technology, a dead battery could occasionally be reactivated by a shock. A drop of several inches is enough to jar loose the internal structure a little and let it continue discharging.

However, BlackBerry uses a Lithium polymer battery, a totaly different physical structure and it is not affected by minor shock.
    I remember this back with the first few iPods. XD
    01-02-11 12:44 PM
    my phone is constant freezing also i cant change my profiles i click edit and it doesnt do anything just stays on profiles can u help?
    01-02-11 04:52 PM
    Ok, try booting your phone in Safe Mode. This is possible on the 8520. Take out the battery, and then put in back in. Start up the phone, but once the red light fades to say it's starting the boot up, hold the Escape key (inbetween the power button and the trackpad), and keep it held until the desktop starts up and it says Safe Mode where it should say your carrier (such as O2-UK or AT&T).
    01-02-11 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD