I've been rocking this phone (my first smartphone ever) for a very long time. It just barely started slowing down and freezing once in a while. Honestly, I've felt like a caveman using this phone lately, but could never force myself to put it down after so many years of excellent service. 90% of my business is handled over email and text messages and this Curve has done wonders for me... I wonder if I'm the only person left in the planet who's still using a Curve 8310? Will need to upgrade soon, but haven't made up my mind yet on what phone I should pick up next.
    02-17-12 11:31 PM
    blackberry 9900. you will love the keyboard and everything else about it
    02-17-12 11:35 PM
    The Curve 8310, my favorite and one of the toughest BB's to date. Probably the only device I never had an issue with.
    You'll love the 9900!
    Last edited by up488; 02-17-12 at 11:52 PM.
    02-17-12 11:40 PM
    The Curve 8310, my favorite and one of the toughest BB's to date. Probably the only device I never had an issue with.
    You love the 9900!
    Can't speak about the 9900, but I absolutely loved my 8300/8310. Had a very powerful vibrate and great size. Probably my favorite one I've owned, with my 9700 a very close second.
    02-17-12 11:46 PM
    I've heard good things about that phone. I'm not much into the latest technology and don't care at all for apps, games, music. I just need a phone that's great for email and text messaging. If the 9900 takes care of that, then perhaps I'll be rocking one of those in the next few days.
    02-17-12 11:51 PM
    Can't speak about the 9900, but I absolutely loved my 8300/8310. Had a very powerful vibrate and great size. Probably my favorite one I've owned, with my 9700 a very close second.
    You're right! The vibrate on that beast should have been illegal!
    02-17-12 11:54 PM
    All my co-workers call my phone the "dinosaur," but I challenge them to show me what their latest iPhones/droids can do better than my "dinosaur" that's work related. I love their facial expression when they can't think of anything. They know I don't play games, surf the web, listen to music, or IM. All I need is VERY reliable email and unlimited texting...and this phone did that for me, with battery life to spare. I NEVER needed a charger at the office and they all had one there. I'm seriously going to miss this phone once it shuts down.
    02-17-12 11:59 PM
    I replaced my 8310 over thanksgiving. Sometimes I still miss it - still use the alarm on it. I love my 9900, but there are some things that the old curve was better at - battery life, sound quality, sound level, vibrate level.
    02-18-12 01:54 AM
    If you loved the Curve, you will probably never let your 9900 go. I had two Curve 8320s, a grey and a gold, and they were my favorite devices for a while. I think I perfected the typing-while-not-looking thing while I had the 8320s. The 9900's keyboard is the best keyboard ever. The size of the phone is also something reminiscent of the 8300/10/20 and Bold 9000. It's thin but the width and size of the phone is like the BlackBerrys before the 8900/9700/9780 seemed to shrink the keyboards and size of the BlackBerry experience.

If all you need is email, texting and calling, the 9900 is really the best choice. The 9900 is all BlackBerry's strengths rolled into one...and you won't believe that the screen is RIM's. One of the first things my friends said was, "I've never seen a BlackBerry with that good of a screen." That, plus the metal band around it and carbon fiber weave battery door... I think it's the best looking device on the market.
    02-18-12 02:11 AM
    All my co-workers call my phone the "dinosaur," but I challenge them to show me what their latest iPhones/droids can do better than my "dinosaur" that's work related. I love their facial expression when they can't think of anything. They know I don't play games, surf the web, listen to music, or IM. All I need is VERY reliable email and unlimited texting...and this phone did that for me, with battery life to spare. I NEVER needed a charger at the office and they all had one there. I'm seriously going to miss this phone once it shuts down.

What on earth do you mean once it shuts down? Is RIM going to remove this device from using its servers ever again?
    02-18-12 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD