I have my contacts set up on my 8520. Some of my most frequently called contacts I have set up with photos. I have addresses set for most as well.

However, I am finding that for some reason the photos keep disappearing and the addresses, even though I enter the correct information into the correct field and save that, next time I open that contact the address will be jumbled into the "address 1" field rather than spread through the city, state, zip field.

I have unchecked the box to automatically sync my contacts with google when I GoogleSync for the calendar.

Help!

Also, should I be saving my contacts to my SIM or to my memory card? When I go to options it gives me the option to move the contact to my SIM, so if I'm not a total nerd, I assume they're being saved to my memory card. That isn't a great idea, though, is it?
    Last edited by MamaBee; 08-05-10 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Another question...
    08-05-10 08:19 AM
    Do you use the desktop manager to sync your contacts? If so, do you have it set up for two way or one way sync? I would suggest setting it for one way sync from device to whatever application your are using & make sure it's set to prompt you to resolve any conflicting info.
    08-05-10 08:59 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I do back up my Berry regularly, and I'm fairly confident that my contacts are backed up as well. Let me check into my settings and see.
    08-05-10 12:57 PM
    Yes, they are backed up as well. The problem, for example, is that I'll go and edit my daughter's entry, fix the address, add her photo, save, and then go do the same for my Grandma. By the time I save Grandma's, my daughter's is messed up again...photo gone and address crammed into one field again. All while not connected via USB to a blessed thing.

Also, I see how to set in DM to sync my contacts, but how do I do it one-way?

Finally, is this some 5.0 thing? This never happened to me until I updated from 4.6 to 5.0.0.681
    Last edited by MamaBee; 08-05-10 at 01:07 PM.
    08-05-10 01:05 PM
    Okay, figured it out. I was syyncing my contacts through my email and through Google Sync. Stopped the email sync and it's fine now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD