Now don't yell at me just yet, just read and enjoy!

My buddy just came into the office about an hour ago telling me how he got rid of his Nextel and got that Treo 800w that he had been eyeing up for a while. He said that he's having some problems figuring out how the thing works, with the e-mail and everything else, and wanted me to take a look at it. He couldn't figure out why I had sent him an e-mail and he hadn't gotten it yet on his phone! I took a look at it, scrolled through the horrible interface that is Windows Mobile, got into his e-mail and had to change the setting to check for new mail every 15 minutes. I sort of chuckled when I saw this option and thought to myself "My BB gets my e-mails sent directly to it as soon as they show up in my inbox, are they seriously going to make him wait every 15 minutes to update?" So I told him what I did to make this work for him and he said that he now loves his phone. Then we couldn't find out how to send MMS picture messages with his phone, and a quick search shows that you can't do that with a Palm on Sprint. I chuckled yet again (not sure but can you do it on a bb wit sprint??)

I just wanted to share my experience today with the Palm Treo 800w. It has just burned the fact that BB is superior ever more deeply into my brain.
    01-30-09 12:13 PM
    The BB is not superior, it is just different. People have different
    needs and wants in a phone. That is why there are so many
    models. As to the MMS issue, it has nothing to do with the phone,
    it is a well known issue with Sprint as a carrier.
    01-30-09 12:24 PM
    Yeah I was going to say, the whole MMS thing has to be a carrier thing because I had a Treo before I got my new job which now I carry a BB Storm and love it. I sent pics from my Treo and recieved them just fine for the entire time I had the WinMo device. Saying that, I wouldn't go back to WinMo to save my life. I'm stuck to BB now and I really like it.
    01-30-09 01:49 PM
    Here we go with the "my phone is better
    than yours" threads again.....
    01-30-09 02:13 PM
    In what ways would a BlackBerry not be superior to a Palm?
    01-30-09 02:43 PM
    Here we go with the "my phone is better
    than yours" threads again.....
    I'm not necessarily saying that, I just thought that some would find my little story slightly entertaining!
    01-30-09 02:58 PM
    The BB is not superior, it is just different. People have different
    needs and wants in a phone. That is why there are so many
    models. As to the MMS issue, it has nothing to do with the phone,
    it is a well known issue with Sprint as a carrier.
    I totally agree with you there. I thought for a long time about getting a Treo. I know people who have them and are very happy with them. Personally I think the BB interface is much more user friendly than the Treo's, but that is just my opinion....And you know what they say about opinions.....

But I still enjoyed your story, Elvin
    01-30-09 03:23 PM
    Its all about Preference
    01-30-09 05:38 PM
    Not too many moons back, the Treo was IT as far as smartphones were concerned. Where they screwed up was getting into WinMo, and losing their own vision in my opinion. Windows treats the smart phone like a tiny desktop. Unfortunately, smartphones are smartPHONES, not desktops Bill.

I had a treo which I LOVED, when it came time to trade up, there wasnt a PALM os device I could stomach, so I went WinMo, which I had bad experiences with years ago on a Dell Axim. I figured they had improved WinMo, but to my dismay, it hadnt really changed much at all.

Soooooooooo, the wife had a Curve, and I said, lets try that. Best decision I have made phone-wise.

IS BB SUPERIOR to WINMO? In many ways, they are. However, Phones are like ice cream, everyone seems to like a different flavor and / or cone. They just work, they are simple, and all BB does is phones. They dont have to port a bulky desktop OS to a phone. They do what they do very well.

But, there are a lot of very happy WinMo owners, and thats great too........Bill needs the cash LOL

Happy weekend everyone.

chaz
    01-30-09 09:43 PM
    In what ways would a BlackBerry not be superior to a Palm?
    I don't miss my Treo and would never want to go back. But since you asked�
    � A true folder/file system that works just like the one on your PC
    � Microsoft Office native to the device, no add-ons, no upgrades, no "can't-create-docs-without-paid-upgrade," just a credible Office app right out of the box
    � Ability to run apps from the media card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD