I am posting a new thread cause it seems the poster that was inquiring about his slow browser had his thread highjacked. I don't particularly care if Android users wanna post on threads, maybe they will learn the truth about the mostly superior attributes of the Blackberry if they hang out.

Now back to the topic, I had quick speeds with my 9700 on OS5, then I got the Torch with it's first iteration of software. Wow, how ****ty. And I have been complaining, on Crackberry as well, about how **** the "new stuff" was compared to the old for browsing.

Well I now enjoy seriously quick and flawless browsing on my Torch, not only that, all that "too big close page" or endless freezing while loading is all gone. I regularly open 5 tabs at once and browse em all within seconds. from doing 2 things. I installed software version 6.0.0.600 and I unchecked the Enable Javascript box in the options menu.

And let me tell ya, my Torch can load and browse and open multiple Tabs faster than any Droid Toy can.

Aside from the browser, 600 has made my Torch a seriously fast and smooth mthr'fin machine that makes my life very very easy and entertainment filled.
    07-18-11 09:43 PM
    In fact I will post this vid just to show the serious speed and stability of my Torch. In just 3 min I had opened 3 separate sites and also opened a new tab from 2 of those sites and zoomed them up to a readable fit on screen font and bounced back and forth between all the pages. 5 pages all at once loaded and ready to read. The time would have been quicker cept I had to focus on holding a camera to my phone so my fingers were not as fast and sure as they can be.

And the only reason you saw lag, was because as I was scrolling, multiple pages were loading in the background, if no page is loading, there is no lag.

And yes, I have compared it to the latest Android and IOS phones of my friends, and mine is definitely superior, both in speed and especially, most definitely in the quickness and ease of use of the user interface.

Here is the vid:

Maloy and ADFXPro777 like this.
    07-18-11 10:48 PM
    In case those Android trolls come a lurkin, I took your advice and checked out the latest video on youtube highlighting the blistering speed (LMFAO) of your neato gadgets. So I pitted my Torch against them, and lo and behold, my Torch she is a quicker.

Torch wins, Evo 3D and 4G 2nd and 3rd, respectively. But thanks for showing up and teaching me something new anyway.

The Vid:

01itr likes this.
    07-19-11 02:24 AM
    As much as I like to see BB beating other OSes, I can't help but comment that they are loading the pages with Javascript and you are not. It's like how people pit the iPad browser against the Playbook and think they are loading the same content. Still pretty impressive though.
    07-19-11 07:45 AM
    Are you guys being serious?
    07-19-11 07:50 AM
    01itr,

Yes that is true, but hardly monumental, I browse ALOT, and frankly save for certain comments sections or the odd picture in a newspaper, I generally don't miss Javascript. I would say 95% of my browsing is fully intact without it, and I am a heavy user.

That being said, you must remember, the Torch is old, the EVO's are state of the art, in a months time, the new Torch/Bold will even further humiliate these rinky dink toys Javascript and all, as is already evidenced by the beta models shown on Youtube now.
    07-19-11 10:03 AM
    In case those Android trolls come a lurkin, I took your advice and checked out the latest video on youtube highlighting the blistering speed (LMFAO) of your neato gadgets. So I pitted my Torch against them, and lo and behold, my Torch she is a quicker.

Torch wins, Evo 3D and 4G 2nd and 3rd, respectively. But thanks for showing up and teaching me something new anyway.

The Vid:

lol bb loads the "interwebz lite" a nano second faster, you dudez are funny. Noticed this was on wifi.... being a former BB user I know for a fact that the browser is significantly slower over a cellular connection.

From your fearless leader....

07-19-11 11:47 AM
    Are you guys being serious?
    They seem both serious and sincere

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 11:55 AM
    lol bb loads the "interwebz lite" a nano second faster, you dudez are funny. Noticed this was on wifi.... being a former BB user I know for a fact that the browser is significantly slower over a cellular connection.

None of those devices were running .600, which seems to be the OP's point.

I hope we all remember that our browser has to deal with the NOC before showing us anything, while others just go directly to the web. That added to the equation, the results on Kevin's video are not exactly bad.

Funny thou, Kevin seems to forget he has a touchscreen on the Torch at 1st... hehe
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-19-11 at 12:29 PM.
    07-19-11 12:05 PM

The Vid:

Why must you insult us fred? You're the one acting like a troll Do you really feel that bad? Looks like you're trying to convince yourself more than me. Seems like you're attempting to bait me in. You my friend didn't just play with fire you soaked the matches in gasoline.
    07-19-11 12:08 PM

That's more like it. In that video the 9700 and the Torch were decimated by the Android powered Captivate and the iPhone. The Captivate even loaded the full site and flash also. Anyone who thinks the Blackberry browser beats ANYBODY'S browser let alone iPhone or Android is delusional.
    07-19-11 12:08 PM
    None of those devices was running .600, which seems to be the OP's point.

I hope we all remember that our browser has to deal with the NOC before showing us anything, while others just go directly to the web. That added to the equation, the results on Kevin's video are not exacly bad.
    Point taken but your buddy's seems a little salty
    diegonei likes this.
    07-19-11 12:09 PM
    Bye

10char
    07-19-11 02:40 PM
    I have had Androids and while fast, it wasn't light years ahead...I don't need flash on a phone. Again "I don't."

Also our BB's hit the NOC, which slows it down somewhat, so in actuality it minuses the Java script enabled really.

J Antonio seems to have signed up on a BB forums for justification for his Android or iPhone....

Can't see post count and what not, I am on mobile, lol!

07-19-11 03:52 PM
    lmao, this thread is a fail!
    07-19-11 05:11 PM
    I looked back on the video I made, and indeed, Javascript was turned off on the HTC's as well. On the left hand phone the ads also did not appear on the 3D, those ads are Javascript..

Also, both HTC's are on WIFI.

In other words, the Blackberry Torch, simply beats the best from HTC. Sorry Antoine, it is humiliating for you I understand, to go on a different phone makers site bragging then actually get humiliated.
    07-19-11 05:13 PM
    Hey fabfreddie, great video - thanks for the upload!

Interesting post on javascript. I had mine turned off as well due to a possible security exploit that RIM issued a while back. Had no clue that it can also help with speeding up with web browsing.

Like in the other thread (sorry for requesting it closed, it just went downhill from a few members), I was experimenting with push content and it seems to have significantly increased the speed of my browsing. If I am not mistaken, push content, just like with push email, "grabs" data versus first requesting a website for permission to obtain the data. So in this sense, it could have play a large role in increasing my browser speed despite deleting history, content and cookies.
    Last edited by BBFXPro777; 07-19-11 at 05:31 PM.
    fabfreddie likes this.
    07-19-11 05:25 PM
    Javascrip also increases data usage for every page you load. I keep it off unless I need it.

07-19-11 05:31 PM
    Javascrip also increases data usage for every page you load. I keep it off unless I need it.

There are some websites that I have recently accessed and they require javascript. Has the security exploit on javascript been fixed by RIM?
    07-19-11 05:36 PM
    I think I just realized something, every time there's a browser test being done the tester always clears cache and history on the devices prior to the test.
    This is a big mistake when it comes to the BB browser as it makes use of it to deliver a refreshed or reloaded page and at the same time using much less data then what it used to load the page the first time.

I tested loading full crackberry site and it used under 2MB(couldn't see more accurate) while Android browser used 2.69MB according to a user an this forum

To load the page a second time the BB browser used just over 100kb while the android browser used almost 2MB.

So all tests are flawed as in an attempt to make the test "fair" they delete the cache.

07-19-11 06:08 PM
    This is an awesome and informative thread!
    Sorry I'm the one to say this but the sound of you breathing over a hard booger really distracted me
    EDIT: I didn't have the option to mute
    01itr and fabfreddie like this.
    07-19-11 07:34 PM
    araLe-tot,

ROFLMAO, I went back and listened to it, and yes there is a squeek, I have no idea what that is, the second video was taken at the same time and it is absent. Encoding corruption?? I have no idea LOL. Thanks for the polite booger alert though.
    07-19-11 09:57 PM
    I think I just realized something, every time there's a browser test being done the tester always clears cache and history on the devices prior to the test.
    This is a big mistake when it comes to the BB browser as it makes use of it to deliver a refreshed or reloaded page and at the same time using much less data then what it used to load the page the first time.
    I'm fairly certain that all browsers use the cache/history to deliver a page faster/with less data. That's the exact reason why they clear the cache/history, to ensure no browsers have already visited that page and would therefore have an unfair advantage.
    07-20-11 08:20 AM
    I'm fairly certain that all browsers use the cache/history to deliver a page faster/with less data. That's the exact reason why they clear the cache/history, to ensure no browsers have already visited that page and would therefore have an unfair advantage.
    Yes but the BB browser seems to use it better, it uses a lot less data then the others to load it a second time and it also makes the page available off line too, I know iphone doesn't, I don't know about android.
    If I go to crackberry.com where I have no signal or if I turn the signal off it will still open the page but it's the last one I visited.

So cache is more important to the BB browser. I've made a point in not deleting it in the last 2 days and my browsers has been very fast, even on gprs.

07-20-11 08:36 AM
    Yes but the BB browser seems to use it better, it uses a lot less data then the others to load it a second time and it also makes the page available off line too, I know iphone doesn't, I don't know about android.
    If I go to crackberry.com where I have no signal or if I turn the signal off it will still open the page but it's the last one I visited.

So cache is more important to the BB browser. I've made a point in not deleting it in the last 2 days and my browsers has been very fast, even on gprs.

I think then it is a different comparison, not necessarily the speed of the browser, but how well the OS uses the data it has. (Which RIM has always excelled at)

For speed tests though, you have to clear everything so that it is the most representative. Sure sometimes you may visit the same site, but you will always have to visit a site for the first time, and the speed that the browser can receive the data and display it, it usually what is being tested.
    07-20-11 08:52 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD