My brother just bought a Storm 2 and gave me his old Storm.I currently have a Voyager and was wondering if it would be worth $30 more a month for me to use the Storm.The one thing that will bother me,is that I have VZ Navigator on my Voyager for "free",and I use it a lot.I'm pretty sure there is no way to get it on the Storm for "free" and Google Maps doesn't seem to be even close to VZ Navigator.Can I get some opinions as to what I should do?
    01-06-10 08:14 AM
    if your happy with your voyager then there is no reason to use it.. its all about how happy you are with the voyager
    01-06-10 08:39 AM
    Besides, if your paying less for your phone now, imagine the cost of a Storm that requires a data plan, not including the cost of text and voice, and navigator. Your bill be up the kazoo!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 08:55 AM
    My brother just bought a Storm 2 and gave me his old Storm.I currently have a Voyager and was wondering if it would be worth $30 more a month for me to use the Storm.The one thing that will bother me,is that I have VZ Navigator on my Voyager for "free",and I use it a lot.I'm pretty sure there is no way to get it on the Storm for "free" and Google Maps doesn't seem to be even close to VZ Navigator.Can I get some opinions as to what I should do?
    I had a Voyager but I found it to be limited in what it can do compared to what I wanted from my phone. Initially I used a Curve 8330 and liked it a lot but I went with a Storm 1 back in October and have been happy with it. It really depends what you want out of your phone. Everyone I've met has one or two things that are deal breakers when it comes to their phone; those one or two functions and applications their phone has to have. If the deal breaker for you is VZ Navigator then check out what is and isn't available for the Storm and go from there.

There are some positives about the Voyager but for me the $30 a month for the BlackBerry data plan is money well spent.
    01-06-10 09:16 AM
    I think the 30 (possibly 40 if you get VZ Nav) would be the deciding factor for me, and in your case I would stick with the Voyager.
    01-06-10 10:02 AM
    Actually guys,it will only be $10 more a month.I can get rid of my Vcast package which is $15 and my mobile email which is $5 a month.For $10 more a month I think I am getting a better phone and the browser is much better on the Storm.I can suck it up and use Google maps or one of the other free navigation apps.
    01-06-10 05:23 PM
    Actually guys,it will only be $10 more a month.I can get rid of my Vcast package which is $15 and my mobile email which is $5 a month.For $10 more a month I think I am getting a better phone and the browser is much better on the Storm.I can suck it up and use Google maps or one of the other free navigation apps.
    Yes if your paying for all the extra stuff like the navigator and email its definitely worth the extra 10 dollars for unlimited data and email plus a better phone not to mention internet! If I were you I'd be online over a verizon changing phones and plans right now lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 05:50 PM
    if the voyager is serving your purpose why would you want to use the Storm? Makes no sense to me.
    01-06-10 11:46 PM
    if the voyager is serving your purpose why would you want to use the Storm? Makes no sense to me.
    For the same reason people drive a Benz instead of a Hyundai?
    01-07-10 05:52 PM
    For 10 dollars more a month I think its a no brainer. Google Maps is great and your Storm will be able to do all that your voyager can do and then some with unlimited data/email etc.

Plus, this is a great/cheap way for you to enter the world of BB, a move that I promise you will not regret.
    01-07-10 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD