haha yeah but that sliver ring can be a pain sometimes. Did you have to disassemble your bold to get to the trackball?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah I had to take the entire thing apart to change the ball out. Its not easy like the curve or pearl where all you have to do is pop that silver ring off. Taking it apart was very easy to do. Not anything like the curve which was a pain to take apart.

12-25-08 07:53 AM
    Yea I have messed with a bold in AT&T stores and such and a friend of mine has one. But I didn't know there was that much involved to change something as simple as a trackball.. Kind of an interesting desgin to say the least.
    Man I give you more props. Again I think it looks awesome.

12-25-08 08:01 AM
    Out of curiosity...what is it in particularly that you guys prefer about the black ball as opposed to the one it comes with? I've only had my BB for a few days but I love the trackball. I think the 'glow' is cool.
    Why don't you guys like it? Just wonderin...
    12-25-08 08:35 AM
    I recently installed a black trackball in my curve. I like it alot better than the stock tracball. Also added a all black housing for my baby, and I must say she looks pretty sweet!
    It's a BLACKOUT!!!
    12-25-08 10:39 AM
    Out of curiosity...what is it in particularly that you guys prefer about the black ball as opposed to the one it comes with? I've only had my BB for a few days but I love the trackball. I think the 'glow' is cool.
    Why don't you guys like it? Just wonderin...
    I personally just like the look of the black tracball. I also think if feels a lot smoother than the trackball that came with my bb. After owning six blackberries and having to constantly change my ball to make it work correctly gets annoying and not to mention very ugly. Your pretty white glow won't stay white for long lol

12-25-08 12:25 PM
    Does the new trackball come with a new silver ring as well?
    12-26-08 01:05 PM
    looks great!! i'll be placing my order in soon...will be getting some other parts and accessories for my bold as well.
    12-26-08 01:22 PM
    Make sure you use the coupon holiday15 at checkout to save 15%. I saved $3 on 2 trackballs
    12-26-08 01:28 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD