I lived on the Android side of life for a number of months. Saw the light and came back to a Bold 9650.

I pulled my SD card out of my Droid X, and stuck it in my 9650. When I did it said the card was unformatted and asked me to format it. Which seemed odd as it was working before.

I attached the BB to my computer via DM, and I can browse to the card and files just fine. Any idea what is going on? Or is my best bet just to copy stuff off the drive, format it, and stick it back on?

-Josh
    05-25-11 05:02 PM
    Just copy and format it.
    Most likely it wants to add the blackberry to music or pictures of video thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 05:25 PM
    Oh no -- it was assimilated!

I agree with you and Deathcommand - copy and reformat. And welcome home.
    05-25-11 06:15 PM
    I lived on the Android side of life for a number of months. Saw the light and came back to a Bold 9650.

I pulled my SD card out of my Droid X, and stuck it in my 9650. When I did it said the card was unformatted and asked me to format it. Which seemed odd as it was working before.

I attached the BB to my computer via DM, and I can browse to the card and files just fine. Any idea what is going on? Or is my best bet just to copy stuff off the drive, format it, and stick it back on?

-Josh
    The reason you need to reformat is because like BB Android throws different files on your card that you can see if you look at the root of the card.

Pull it out and copy everything to a temp folder on your desktop and then reformat your card from your computer thru a card reader and then copy the info back over and replace it in your BB and you be fine.
    05-25-11 06:24 PM
    Oh no -- it was assimilated!

I agree with you and Deathcommand - copy and reformat. And welcome home.
    Funny! ! !
    05-25-11 08:32 PM
    I broke free, now I guess the card needs to break free too.

Thanks!
    05-25-11 11:36 PM
    If you're on OS6 (which you should be if you have a 9650 ) you can repair the sd card from options.
    Go to options, type memory card, click that option, and find the option to repair the memory card (not format!!!).
    05-25-11 11:46 PM
    If you're on OS6 (which you should be if you have a 9650 ) you can repair the sd card from options.
    Go to options, type memory card, click that option, and find the option to repair the memory card (not format!!!).
    Yes. Definitely select "repair" not format. If you format the card in your BlackBerry, you will lose all of the media on it.
    05-25-11 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD