My Blackberry Curve 9300 shuts down around 40% without any notification. I've replaced the battery and that didn't solve the issue, I've wiped & did a restore & that still didn't resolve the issue. So I replaced the phone and that didn't even resolve my issue. I also deleted every 3rd party app but that didn't seem to be the problem. So I contacted T-Mobile and they told me it's probably the software. I tried updating the software yesturday with the application loader then restoring everything after but it still shut down. Am i supposed to delete some vendor file or something? Or should i just downgrade back to OS 5? Because this never seemed to happen when i was using OS 5. Am i doing something wrong when i reload/update the software?
    Last edited by hannam7; 06-12-11 at 02:33 PM.
    06-12-11 02:24 PM
    My Blackberry Curve 9300 shuts down around 40% without any notification. I've replaced the battery and that didn't solve the issue, I've wiped & did a restore & that still didn't resolve the issue. So I replaced the phone and that didn't even resolve my issue. I also deleted every 3rd party app but that didn't seem to be the problem. So I contacted T-Mobile and they told me it's probably the software. I tried updating the software yesturday with the application loader then restoring everything after but it still shut down. Am i supposed to delete some vendor file or something? Or should i just downgrade back to OS 5? Because this never seemed to happen when i was using OS 5. Am i doing something wrong when i reload/update the software?
    You replaced the phone and still its happening? Hard to believe that. Firstly where did you get a brand new 9300? I could understand some issue with the same phone, but you claim to have replaced it with the same problem.
    Why don't you upgrade to a newer BB and see if it happens again.
    06-12-11 04:57 PM
    You replaced the phone and still its happening? Hard to believe that. Firstly where did you get a brand new 9300? I could understand some issue with the same phone, but you claim to have replaced it with the same problem.
    Why don't you upgrade to a newer BB and see if it happens again.

I got the new BB from T-Mobile. I'm not sure if this is causing the problem but when i had the OS 5, i updated to an OS 6 BETA version without deleting the Vendor.xml file but then i downgraded back to OS 5. So maybe when i restore the data to my new phone, that has something to do with it?
    06-12-11 05:11 PM
    Ok i need some help. I dropped my blackberry storm 2 and i picked it up and it turned on. Then later on it wouldn't want to turn back on. Has this happened to anyone else?
    06-12-11 05:39 PM
    Did you try updating your OS on the phone? There were issues with some OS versions in the past on 9700s and many other phones which cause the phone to shut off around 40-30% mark.

Try installing a newer version of OS.
    06-12-11 07:42 PM
    Did you try updating your OS on the phone? There were issues with some OS versions in the past on 9700s and many other phones which cause the phone to shut off around 40-30% mark.

Try installing a newer version of OS.

Yes, i've updated my phone to the newest version of the OS 6 and my problem still persisted. I've even tried downgrading to the OS 5 and it still continued to shut off.
    06-12-11 09:36 PM
    Strange issue indeed, I can totally digest this issue to happen on one phone, but on the replacement phone as well, and that too with the OS reinstall. Only thing that seems reasonable at this point is that you are using a particular version of OS on the device which has a bug. Check your current OS version and install a different version, on to it. It should fix the issue.
    06-13-11 06:10 AM
    @op

What are you using for a theme? Are you are using the same 3rd party theme on all devices/os.? Maybe the problem is with the theme or maybe the battery meter is not showing the right ammount of charge.

If you stick to the stock theme this probably isn't your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD