don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them. you just can't be everywhere at once, even with glasses guy fieldtesting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 08:44 PM
    Glasses Guy is me hero.

11-29-08 10:43 PM
    The "you now have cell coverage" notification that plays is a result of turning on AT&T Navigator (i.e. telenav). I ran into this problem this morning.

All you need to do is make sure you exit Telenav, which, strangely, can only be done by hitting the back key (to the right of the trackball on the curve) repeatedly until the app asks you if you want to exit.

Exiting any other way leaves the app running in the background
    12-09-08 01:58 PM
    My 8310 Curve does this when i'm using the Nav feature and i go in and then out of a tunnel.

Funny post Smashface.
    12-09-08 02:09 PM
    Thank goodness I found this thread!!!!! I just got a bold and it started doing this tonight. It scared the crap out of me, and i thought "oh well, I got a lemon" because I couldn't find that sound byte ANYWHERE. Thankfully, it turned out that my at&t navigator wasn't completely closed. Hopefully that fixes it!

Thanks all!!!!!!
    12-31-08 12:07 AM
    yay! Glad to have been of service. It happens to me occasionally and scares the bee-jesus out of me.
    12-31-08 08:25 AM
    Strange. Hopefully your phone doesn't start telling you to do things....
    12-31-08 09:00 AM
    Those of us who use Verizon don't need that feature. We have signal everywhere

Can you hear me now?

Good.

Rofl.

If you have signal "everywhere" why are you asking "can you hear me now" hmmm
    12-31-08 12:30 PM
    LOL what a funny thread. Good to know it was at&t navigator and not the poltergeist.
    12-31-08 01:40 PM
    Mine started doing this too... was annoying the **** out of me! My sister started making fun of me because she thought it was hilarious that my cell phone had to tell me that I had service lol! And then it went off all night last night and then at work today... so glad I found this forum. Made sure to properly exit the Telenav, so hopefully that fixes this fun little problem. Just glad I wasn't in a meeting when it went off... seems the lady announcing the 'you now have coverage' statement doesn't respect the silent setting! =) Hopefully it is now fixed and I don't have to hear her voice again.

As for the verizon cheerleaders... it's not perfect, I've had all the major carriers and didn't find verizon any better than all the rest (but I definitely would not go back to T-Mobile and I hated verizon customer service). And no cell carrier gets good reception at my house (we've tested this out time and again lol - I say that I live in the black hole of cell reception where the signal can only be found every now and again)!
    01-26-09 05:16 PM
    And what do you mean VZW doesn't have great service everywhere? You take that back, there is no need to bold face lie.
    Not a good idea to take on the big AG...
    01-26-09 05:38 PM
    Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying "Now you have cell coverage"?
    05-11-09 10:23 AM
    The "you now have cell coverage" notification that plays is a result of turning on AT&T Navigator (i.e. telenav). I ran into this problem this morning.

All you need to do is make sure you exit Telenav, which, strangely, can only be done by hitting the back key (to the right of the trackball on the curve) repeatedly until the app asks you if you want to exit.

Exiting any other way leaves the app running in the background
    This was an answer in the previous page. Have you tried this?

-m
    05-11-09 01:00 PM
    This is bizarre. Does it also say "The door's ajar! The door's ajar!" when you forget to close your car doors?
    A door's a door, not a jar. /slaphead
    05-11-09 02:49 PM
    Maybe it's just so elated to have coverage that it wants to shout it from the rooftops. Seriously, this would freak the sh!t out of me if mine did that at 3:00AM.
    05-11-09 03:20 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD