11-06-13 06:45 PM
40 12
tools
    Good effort, keep it up!
    keypad likes this.
    11-06-13 09:30 AM
    hummm... 2/3 of a 5" screen seems too little i think you are closer to 4" than to a 3.5" on your mock-up.
    For example - and i didn't want to show my attempt as it's ridiculous and done in few minutes- but to demonstrate what a 4" screen with physical keyboard looks like:
    on this example it's 12.9cm x 7.2 cm and sports a 4" screen with actual Q10 keyboard just a little wider
    near an iphone edge, and a Q10
    My BlackBerry Q30 Concept design ( PhoneBloks Style )-screen-shot-2013-11-06-4.39.44-pm.png

near a Q10
    My BlackBerry Q30 Concept design ( PhoneBloks Style )-cameraroll_18.jpg

A 4" screen is easily integrated in a pocket sized device, and i limited the width to 7.2 so that it's only 0.5 cm larger than the Q10.
    keypad likes this.
    11-06-13 09:45 AM
    See you've just nailed it.
    A space bar that doubles a track pad. But think of the OS revamp needed for that.
    Not necessarily. OS7 and before needed a track pad for navigation. BB10 does not. There for, all one would need to do is enable the function when typing text, and disable it everywhere else.

I like one idea posted else where: track pad emulator on the screen. That way you could have it enabled if you want, or disable it otherwise.

My idea was to use the bezels(since they are touch sensitive anyway) for scrolling and help with selection. Below the screen for horizontal scrolling and to the right of the screen(or left, it would be selectable incase you're left handed) is the vertical scrolling.
    Jerale Hoard likes this.
    11-06-13 09:48 AM
    I like doodles like this. Cool!
    I was just about to sat at too. Nice work, now someone needs to PS it

Fired from my Z10
    11-06-13 09:49 AM
    I'm all for the Phablet with keyboard. I like this!
    11-06-13 10:24 AM
    hummm... 2/3 of a 5" screen seems too little i think you are closer to 4" than to a 3.5" on your mock-up.
    For example - and i didn't want to show my attempt as it's ridiculous and done in few minutes- but to demonstrate what a 4" screen with physical keyboard looks like:
    on this example it's 12.9cm x 7.2 cm and sports a 4" screen with actual Q10 keyboard just a little wider
    near an iphone edge, and a Q10
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 4.39.44 PM.png 
Views:	557 
Size:	511.2 KB 
ID:	217876

near a Q10
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraRoll_18.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	217877

A 4" screen is easily integrated in a pocket sized device, and i limited the width to 7.2 so that it's only 0.5 cm larger than the Q10.
    I am guessing the phone would be built around a screen size of 2.4 inches X 3.2 inches (720 X 960 ) ?
    11-06-13 10:45 AM
    Attachment 217832
    this one another fan made design all look nice

CB10 need update!
    BlackBerry word takes too much room on the hardware. Maybe they can just put a BlackBerry logo on it as part of a trackball instead.
    11-06-13 10:49 AM
    To the OP, great set of designs. Well done. One of my suggestions to the design is to take the BlackBerry word out and bring back the trackball with the design of BlackBerry logo inside of it.
    11-06-13 10:51 AM
    I am guessing the phone would be built around a screen size of 2.4 inches X 3.2 inches (720 X 960 ) ?
    I think it is
    3.27 x 2.52
    I don't know for pixel definition...
    What i particularly appreciate is that you can keep a 'reduced' format as it could fit easily with optimisation around 12-12.6 cm lenght.
    Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:15 AM
    I am dying for a full qwerty keyboard blackberry like this. Huge keys and a big screen. Give it to me now

Posted via Orbital VSAT Loadstar
    11-06-13 12:13 PM
    As long as its light and slim enough to go into my front pocket, hey why the heck not.....good doodles by the way and nice render up there too! Absolutely no need for a back button, what the heck for when you can just swipe back, good idea with the spacebar trackpad too.....
    11-06-13 01:14 PM
    I like it but if it's gonna have the trackpad it might as well have BBOS7 instead. With the swiping gesture navigation BB10 what purpose would the trackpad have. Maybe BlackBerry should give us an option of a virtual trackpad. :]Y

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:50 PM
    If Mr Chen is going to keep the hardware division Of BlackBerry running, then I think it's time for me to address the question of " The future of physical Qwerty keypad phones" once more.

We need a bigger screened Q10 smartphone, with all the bells and whistles.

The Z30 is great for the phablet crowd but now it's time to sort out the "Big screen Qwerty crowd"

Without sing the same song over and over again, I would just like to say that the devices out already have had mixed reactions from a lot of the fans and general consumers and if BlackBerry is still going after a piece of the consumer market, it has to have a unique product to sell and competition is stiff and... Competitive.

Hopefully fresh ears and minds can push forward this time round and make a positive steps, to impact and aid the future success of BlackBerry.
    Agreed.
    If Heins started out with this concept, or something like this (of course with a lots of refinements :-), he would have been praised as a turn around artist, rather than a wooden telephone pole.
    Instead, he ended up with $1B dead stock of Z10, and possibly similar dead stock of Q10 as well in the next ER.

Current Q10 is nothing more than a Z10 with a keypad slapped on it. It's still a touch screen phone, not a traditional BB that has been so popular. With a "Super Bold" or a "Hybrid Bold/Q10", the Z10 would have been viewed as a nice matching companion for slab lovers.
    11-06-13 05:33 PM
    Try to make it as a slider too?
    11-06-13 05:50 PM
    According to the Globe & Mail article several weeks ago, there was a big conflict between Heins & Co., and Mike L faction regarding the qwerty device.
    I always thought that the Q10 was the Heins' idea to silence Mike L, just by slapping the keyboard on the Z10.

With the new iCEO, I have a slight hope that he might offer something close to what many people, particularly the enterprise market, wanted.
    Perhaps I may wait a bit longer before jumping onto the current Q10
    11-06-13 06:45 PM
40 12