I have the Blackberry Curve 8530, I got a new one in June 2011 ( its Oct 2011 now ) (because my original blackberry's motherboard crashed). The problem is recently, it will randomly lose all its battery power. If I go on Facebook, Twitter, play any games, or call someone, the phone shuts off, updates, and once it turns back on it has no battery and the radio can't be used. Sometimes it will just do this even if I don't use any apps. I don't know if it's the battery of if the phone is just busted. Someone please help.
    10-08-11 06:14 PM
    I have the Blackberry Curve 8530, I got a new one in June 2011 ( its Oct 2011 now ) (because my original blackberry's motherboard crashed). The problem is recently, it will randomly lose all its battery power. If I go on Facebook, Twitter, play any games, or call someone, the phone shuts off, updates, and once it turns back on it has no battery and the radio can't be used. Sometimes it will just do this even if I don't use any apps. I don't know if it's the battery of if the phone is just busted. Someone please help.
    I could actually believe it or not be a bad battery giving you fits. The easiest way to find out is to find someone you know with the same device and try their battery, if it works you know to buy a new battery, i did this a long time ago when this happened to me.If it is not the battery it would seem to me that you have a bad device that you need to contact your carrier about.
    10-08-11 06:20 PM
    Sounds a lot like a dying battery. When you are using a heavy load, the voltage sag triggers the protection circuit which shuts off the phone. Once that load is gone, the voltage recovers and the phone can start up again, but the load on the bad battery has nearly depleted it at this point.
    10-08-11 07:16 PM
    The Curve 8530 Smartphone also is a CDMA phone. if you live in a low or no coverage area (one-two bars or none) it will exhaust all its battery power to maintain a weak or even no signal. if you leave the GPS enabled (out of the box it is set to always show location and you will see a crosshairs icon in the top of the home screen with two little 'waves' showing--i recommend setting it to emergency only or OFF (in emerg only it will show the crosshairs but no waves) it will use more.

also get in the habit of closing apps when done with them. while in an app, such as Facebook or Youtube, hit the blackberry key and select 'close'. just hitting back or 'end' leaves it open many a time and unlike the iPhone, apps in memory eat up the battery. data-intensive apps also use the battery up fast. i used Pandora and my battery was in the amber in only a couple of hours.

since i use my phone more than my own computer, my battery needs two charge cycles per day. thankfully it is fast to recharge but it does not last long. 5-8 hours tops with the level of use i put it through.
    10-08-11 11:51 PM
    I had this problem, and I had to get my 8530 replaced. Even at the Verizon store, we had to go through numerous batteries to keep my 8530 alive so I could transfer my contacts. (I didn't use Google Sync at the time)

Like everyone else said, try a different battery.
    If that doesn't work, it's probably the device itself and it needs to be replaced.
    10-08-11 11:56 PM
    Does anyone know if they make 'extended run-time' batteries for BlackBerry? back when i still carried my really dated Nokia 5185i i kept a couple of good used Extended Run-Time packs (the 'fat' battery) as spares, since the one that my phone came with was so worn out it was lucky to get through two hours in standby
    10-09-11 12:02 AM
    Hey buddy, I have the same problem but with the 9550 (storm 2) I called my local cell phone fixers (Cell Check) and they told me it was a motherboard issue and to replace the phone altogether. You might be lucky enough to still have warranty but my carrier (sasktel) wont even give me a loaner since my phone is unrepairable. At first i thought my battery memory was working incorrectly, which can be caused by plugging your phone in with about 60%left to top of your charge but it was indeed a motherboard issue
    Sorry man! and Goodluck!
    12-13-11 06:36 PM
    Same thing happened to me back when I had an 8530. Have you noticed it getting really hot? Mine would start getting hot and then it would just die.
    12-13-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD