My BlackBerry experience-20150809_232255_edit.jpg

Yesterday I traded my newly (2-3 weeks) Galaxy phone with my sister's rather dated z30 and got it back finally. To be honest, and talking from a position of someone with an ipad, an LG tablet and arsenal of Blackberries since quite some time as it shows in the pic; it is really bad how the BlackBerry brand is undervalued. The OS is literally superior especially when it comes to productivity when I ultimately felt my IQ dropping by the day and that can be really summed up in one sentence;

When asked about the pain point each phone/brand is trying to solve, samsung/android can easily respond: boredom, while BlackBerry : productivity. Not just work productivity but life productivity. On the Samsung I found myself constantly getting back to instagram or playing useless games which in the end became boring as well. Something I have never felt through my years of bb10 experience although with the bad app support.

And one last thing BlackBerry produces phones that other brands can only dream of. After 2 weeks a buggy phone with Android that needs to be restarted twice etc... I know it's the not the first time these issues have been mentioned. But I hope BlackBerry never stops making phones coz I would have to stock old z30/classics/passports for as long as I can before having to switch.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 12:52 AM
    AGREE

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 05:21 AM
    I hear u OP. We have a mix of Androids and Blackberrys here too. I do get annoyed when people ask me to justify my decision to "keep using" a BlackBerry. I just reply that they need to try it to get it.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 07:19 AM
    I hear u OP. We have a mix of Androids and Blackberrys here too. I do get annoyed when people ask me to justify my decision to "keep using" a BlackBerry. I just reply that they need to try it to get it.

Posted via CB10
    I like how you said, "they need to try it to get it." I've used Android devices, and more recently, iOS. They aren't bad devices, to be sure. I can understand why people would want them. Still, I left frustrated at how inefficient they are at some things in comparison to BB10.

Some people often wonder why I use a BlackBerry device. I imagine they think my Q10 is the 9650 I used to use (or, any of the older BlackBerry devices). They think I'm still dealing with that pesky hourglass when I haven't seen one in maybe two or so years of BB10.

They think they know what the experience is like because they have held onto secondhand experience; bloggers, word-of-mouth, etc. And, I always think, "You won't really appreciate the differences and value until you've tried it out."

One time, a guy at a social gathering insisted his iPhone was "better" and could do more. He gave me an unsolicited demonstration. I, immediately, showed a comparable demonstration on the Z10 I used at the time. He wouldn't even acknowledge that he wasn't offering any compelling reasons to think I should own an iPhone. I have used iPhones. But, I could see he has never used BB10. And, all his commentary about BB10 sounded like soundbytes he picked up from various bloggers. And, I'm standing there thinking, "Instead of listening to biased, secondhand experience, why not just try the phone? I have it right here. This isn't about 'selling' you. It's about you seeing what the truth is about these devices."

Is BlackBerry for everyone? Probably not. Does BlackBerry have a viable solution for people's mobile productivity needs that is worth being looked at? Yes.

It is unfortunate that BlackBerry hasn't been as productive and proactive about getting the message out about their offerings. I hope QNX/BB10 phones stay in the market for all of us who have taken the time to see what they are all about.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-10-15 07:54 AM
    I like how you said, "they need to try it to get it." I've used Android devices, and more recently, iOS. They aren't bad devices, to be sure. I can understand why people would want them. Still, I left frustrated at how inefficient they are at some things in comparison to BB10.

Some people often wonder why I use a BlackBerry device. I imagine they think my Q10 is the 9650 I used to use (or, any of the older BlackBerry devices). They think I'm still dealing with that pesky hourglass when I haven't seen one in maybe two or so years of BB10.

They think they know what the experience is like because they have held onto secondhand experience; bloggers, word-of-mouth, etc. And, I always think, "You won't really appreciate the differences and value until you've tried it out."

One time, a guy at a social gathering insisted his iPhone was "better" and could do more. He gave me an unsolicited demonstration. I, immediately, showed a comparable demonstration on the Z10 I used at the time. He wouldn't even acknowledge that he wasn't offering any compelling reasons to think I should own an iPhone. I have used iPhones. But, I could see he has never used BB10. And, all his commentary about BB10 sounded like soundbytes he picked up from various bloggers. And, I'm standing there thinking, "Instead of listening to biased, secondhand experience, why not just try the phone? I have it right here. This isn't about 'selling' you. It's about you seeing what the truth is about these devices."

Is BlackBerry for everyone? Probably not. Does BlackBerry have a viable solution for people's mobile productivity needs that is worth being looked at? Yes.

It is unfortunate that BlackBerry hasn't been as productive and proactive about getting the message out about their offerings. I hope QNX/BB10 phones stay in the market for all of us who have taken the time to see what they are all about.

Posted via CB10
    I so agree with ur points. I don't dismiss other platforms and will try any device I can get my hands on. In fact I will get another android tablet cause my PlayBook finally died. But I need my BlackBerry as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 05:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you! For me the problem is the brand recognition, this can't be solved with any kind of marketing investment and advertising spend.
    Just check any web site, if they offer app to download is by 99% all and only for IOS and Android. This is an advertisement for the competition that can't be matched by BlackBerry

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-10-15 07:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150809_232255_edit.jpg 
Views:	591 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	366162

Yesterday I traded my newly (2-3 weeks) Galaxy phone with my sister's rather dated z30 and got it back finally. To be honest, and talking from a position of someone with an ipad, an LG tablet and arsenal of Blackberries since quite some time as it shows in the pic; it is really bad how the BlackBerry brand is undervalued. The OS is literally superior especially when it comes to productivity when I ultimately felt my IQ dropping by the day and that can be really summed up in one sentence;

When asked about the pain point each phone/brand is trying to solve, samsung/android can easily respond: boredom, while BlackBerry : productivity. Not just work productivity but life productivity. On the Samsung I found myself constantly getting back to instagram or playing useless games which in the end became boring as well. Something I have never felt through my years of bb10 experience although with the bad app support.

And one last thing BlackBerry produces phones that other brands can only dream of. After 2 weeks a buggy phone with Android that needs to be restarted twice etc... I know it's the not the first time these issues have been mentioned. But I hope BlackBerry never stops making phones coz I would have to stock old z30/classics/passports for as long as I can before having to switch.

Posted via CB10
    Are you recommending a 3-year old VKB phone and a bunch of PKB phones to typical consumers just because you think the OS is better? That's like Samsung launching S3 for Its loyal users this quarter with a PKB to boot
    08-10-15 08:45 PM
    Are you recommending a 3-year old VKB phone and a bunch of PKB phones to typical consumers just because you think the OS is better? That's like Samsung launching S3 for Its loyal users this quarter with a PKB to boot
    I don't think he is recommending anything to anyone. Everybody knows how people here crave for a decent full-touch device, but comments like this won't really help either. In addition I think hardware is something secondary for some people while the overall experience is the most important thing. For example I just got a Note Edge more than three weeks ago. With three gigs of RAM, that fast Snapdragon 805 SoC and of course the "almighty" Android OS it should be a nobrainer to enjoy this phone.

And it indeed is, however I got my Classic back from warranty replacement on saturday and guess what? I configured it quickly to be my primary device again, even though the hardware is way outdated compared to the Note Edge.
    The latter is a great device, but my Classic handles my daily routine and needs simply better, more convenient and more efficiently than my Note Edge. The reason is not completely down to the physical keyboard of the BlackBerry, but partly also relates to BB10 and how things are done on that OS.

That of course also applies to virtual keyboard BlackBerry devices like the Leap or Z30. Sure it would be great to have a a new model with all those modern day bells and whistles on board, but I still can see why people actually still chose a Z30 over more modern phones like the S6 or iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 11:49 PM
    I don't think he is recommending anything to anyone. Everybody knows how people here crave for a decent full-touch device, but comments like this won't really help either. In addition I think hardware is something secondary for some people while the overall experience is the most important thing. For example I just got a Note Edge more than three weeks ago. With three gigs of RAM, that fast Snapdragon 805 SoC and of course the "almighty" Android OS it should be a nobrainer to enjoy this phone.

And it indeed is, however I got my Classic back from warranty replacement on saturday and guess what? I configured it quickly to be my primary device again, even though the hardware is way outdated compared to the Note Edge.
    The latter is a great device, but my Classic handles my daily routine and needs simply better, more convenient and more efficiently than my Note Edge. The reason is not completely down to the physical keyboard of the BlackBerry, but partly also relates to BB10 and how things are done on that OS.

That of course also applies to virtual keyboard BlackBerry devices like the Leap or Z30. Sure it would be great to have a a new model with all those modern day bells and whistles on board, but I still can see why people actually still chose a Z30 over more modern phones like the S6 or iPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, if BB has a new VKP then he has solid comparison. But putting up a 3-year old phone against today's phones is ludicrous. You downplay the importance of Hardware because you know the Z30 can't compete even when it was launched in 2013. The OP's claims of silly games and productivity is why I responded. This BB is more productive claim is so old it's time to come up with a new one
    08-11-15 01:12 AM