It's a Storm 9530 that I'd just bought off someone from Craigslist, and when the charge wore down, the phone was simply dead. I couldn't get it to begin charging (the light never would come on) or respond in any way, it was just dead and black.
    So I shipped it to BBrepairshop.com in Texas and after trying to firm up the USB port, which had no effect, they did some type of deep cleaning on it. All to no avail. I just got it back from them with an apology.
    This phone is VERY close to brand new so I've no idea what could be wrong.
    I'm not that familiar with the Storms, but is there some sort of instruction thread on what to do if something like this happens?
    I looked around some and didn't see it, so apologies if it's out there. But if not, can anyone kind of walk me through what steps I could take?

This cost me $400, it'd be nice to have it work and everything!
    Mike
    Seattle
    05-21-09 01:03 AM
    First thing I would try is a new battery, unless the repair shop did.
    05-21-09 01:09 AM
    This happens to the Bold as well and happened to me yesterday and twice this month. Technician said grounding issues.
    Try removing the battery and leave the handset somewhere to ground for a day or overnight. Put in a new fully charged battery again then and see if you get the LED indicator lighting up again.
    Best of luck!
    05-21-09 01:13 AM
    Did they verify your AC adapter was functioning correctly & that your battery was still good? Seems that if it worked (prior to the initial charge wearing down) before, then it could be a recharging issue.
    Don't know how effective a "deep cleaning" would be there unless someone buried it in a sandbox somewhere...
    Might have to bite the bullet & take it into a Verizon store & have them check the charger/battery/USB port...
    Good luck!
    05-21-09 01:14 AM
    This happens to the Bold as well and happened to me yesterday and twice this month. Technician said grounding issues.
    Try removing the battery and leave the handset somewhere to ground for a day or overnight. Put in a new fully charged battery again then and see if you get the LED indicator lighting up again.
    Best of luck!
    Leave it grounded..like plugged in to the wall?
    As for the rest, yeah I should have specified, I tried it with a different battery and with a different charging cord. Apparently BBrepairshop is THE authorized place to work on Blackberrys, so I was thinking that if they couldn't figure it out, maybe it was somehow a software problem or something. Heck if I know though, really.
    I don't have an account with Verizon, but I suppose taking it there couldn't hurt, just to see what advice they might have.

I'll try the grounding thing, but is that what you mean by it? Leave it plugged in overnight with no battery in it?
    05-21-09 01:19 AM
    Sorry for bump, but I just tried sending a PM to Funky and the system wouldn't let me because apparently my post count is too low.
    Funky, clarify if you could please?
    05-21-09 09:58 PM
    Can you find the guy that sold it to you? You have proof the thing doesn't work - if BlackBerry
    Repair couldn't get it going, the guy should give you your money back. If it won't fire up even when plugged in, you can't upgrade the software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 10:13 PM
    Can you find the guy that sold it to you? You have proof the thing doesn't work - if BlackBerry
    Repair couldn't get it going, the guy should give you your money back. If it won't fire up even when plugged in, you can't upgrade the software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yea I would try to find the guy also, this is why ebay is much safer, you have assurances of your money through paypal
    05-21-09 11:32 PM
    how long ago did you purchase it from this guy..
    05-22-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD