I attended a meeting the other night and only brought my berry. So when all the franklin planners were being whipped out and the pages frantically being turned I quietly tapped my notes icon. They scribbled notes and I typed away. Not as successfully I must admit. My typing is not as fast as their pens. I felt kinda silly but I reminded myself that I don't have that bulk to carry around and I can just send my notes to my email and print or save if I wish. I still wonder if I should have my paper planner but I haven't figured out how to manage the two together. Any paper planners out there who do use both? I could use some tips. di
    03-20-08 10:53 AM
    i use both i have a success planner that i write my notes and such in and i use my blackberry to schedule appointments but i also write them in my planner
    03-20-08 10:58 AM
    I have both, but now I no longer carry or use the day planner.

With ToDo Matrix, and Idea Matrix, and all the other apps, I can do everything more efficiently. But then, I type, and so I know where the keys are at on the BB. You can get a wireless keyboard that folds up to the size of the BB you know too.

Keep practicing typing with a minimum of peeking, and you'll get it down.

Patrick
    03-20-08 11:54 AM
    ya berry typing is a lernd skill i know people that type at 75wpm on there bb keep praticing
    03-20-08 12:05 PM
    since i got my very first BB, i stopped using day planners.
    03-20-08 04:10 PM
    i still use my day planner in and at work to write down my schedule/important changes or meetings.

also in class for homework. but the really important things for either one, i put in my phone for reminders on the go. or appointments that i just can't overlap so when someone calls or texts me to do something i check my calendar.
    03-20-08 04:20 PM
    Since I got my BB I�ve been able to leave my Day Planner at home.
    03-20-08 04:33 PM
    I use both just to be on the safe side
    03-20-08 04:39 PM
    I still write things in my Franklin planner, but it doesn't get pulled out as much anymore. I usually update the planner in the morning when goin gover my ToDo lists, then it sits by its lonesome for the rest of the day.

I use my BB for note-taking, I'll add notes to the call log while in conversation, and update the calendar as well. Anything I take notes on, I e-mail to my laptop for a permanent record. The laptop and the planner both don't make their presence known at meetings much anymore.
    03-20-08 05:05 PM
    I use both but my franklin planner stays in my office and only my berry comes home with me.
    03-20-08 07:47 PM
    I did away with the Franklin Planner when I got my BB.

I do carry a regular 5x7 notebook with me that I use to take notes throughout the day. I date the top of the page, jot any to do items that aren't already tasked in Outlook and then follow up with notes as the day goes on.

I use Outlook/BB (I'm on BES with wireless sync) exclusively for calendar events now.
    03-20-08 10:16 PM
    No planner for me....just the BB. All my appointments are in there and synced to both my work and home computers.
    03-20-08 10:24 PM
    I use both. I always have my day planner but if I'm at the office & roaming around, I always have my BB. I find it easy to just be able to jot things down on my calendar or under my notes.

03-21-08 07:30 AM
    I use both. IKeep my schedule on my Curve and use my planner as my tax diary and for written notes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 08:47 PM
    I did away with the paper planner quite a while ago now. One point of entry for all info..... My 8830. I have gotten very good at typing on it. But I do miss doodling to be honest!
    I grabbed the app called Quick Note (search for it since I can't remember where I found it), its free and makes entering info quickly easy on the Blackberry.
    Enjoy!

03-22-08 03:13 PM
    I did away with the paper planner quite a while ago now. One point of entry for all info..... My 8830. I have gotten very good at typing on it. But I do miss doodling to be honest!
    I grabbed the app called Quick Note (search for it since I can't remember where I found it), its free and makes entering info quickly easy on the Blackberry.
    Enjoy!

03-22-08 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD