Like many of us (if not all) I am so excited to see where Mr. Chen is going to take BlackBerry. With the appointment of Mr. Sims today and the comments Mr. Chen has made, he sees BlackBerry as a software company. He has also stated BlackBerry is not going to stop making handsets. This is all very good news for me. We all have our wishes of what BlackBerry can and will become, but my biggest question is HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE??

It took how many years for BB10 to be released? Most comments on here say that only now is BB10 a full OS with 10.2, so add that to the time we all have waited. Yes, I know they were building a new OS from the ground up, blah blah blah, I understand all of that. But how long is it going to take before we start seeing what the vision is for this company we are all so loyal to?

As much as I would like to be a fly on the wall in the top secret board rooms @ BlackBerry, what I am really asking for is a bone. Just throw me something that will keep me up at night. Give me that teaser trailer of the movie titled "Rimpire Strikes Back". Show me that 30 second clip of what you see BlackBerry becoming in your head.

Im not going anywhere, someone will have to pry the QWERTY out of my cold dead hands. I just want a glimpse of the future.
    12-17-13 05:22 PM

...one day...

BRON: a cron-like scheduler for BlackBerry 10 : http://apps.oddelement.com
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    12-17-13 05:28 PM
    .... I just want a glimpse of the future.
    It is coming soon!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-17-13 05:29 PM
    ...one day...
    Wow ... that looks cool, but so did all those other things that TAT worked on and showcased. We never saw anything, to my knowledge anyway.

Also, in the video, that is amazing predictive text. It was almost predictive sentence. Ha ha .... she was not typing that fast and did you see how quickly that sentence came up.
    12-17-13 05:34 PM
    Okay, that is awesome. When was it made?
    12-17-13 05:42 PM
    I just want a glimpse of the future.

The future, huh?

Next stop... The Twilight Zone!
    anon(4141156) likes this.
    12-17-13 06:40 PM
    Let me fire up the Delorean with a shot of one point twenty one jiggawatts and we'll head BACK TO THE FUTURE.

"Where we're going, we don't need droids and iphones"

Haha

Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-17-13 07:21 PM
    Let me fire up the Delorean with a shot of one point twenty one jiggawatts and we'll head BACK TO THE FUTURE.

"Where we're going, we don't need droids and iphones"

Haha

Z10 10.2.1.1055
    Amen to that!
    All we'll ever need is our BlackBerry's!
    12-18-13 04:28 AM
    we would all be rich if we knew that answer
    12-18-13 05:17 AM
    I know where we're heading! Before the year 2020 BlackBerry would have already made a comeback. They will not be abandoning the handset business and are not going to adopt Android as a new OS (we just read this a little while ago). We are heading into the future where there will be no more Android (as we all know the Android CEO left Android for a robotics company now owned by Google) but each software will take advantage of the Android software. BlackBerry's focus won't be so much about hardware but more about the power of BB10 as a software. Hardware may also be manufacturered by other OEMs giving people the choice of downloading BB10 as a choice of software. Apple iOS will remain a closed garden. This is just my prediction.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:09 AM
    We are heading into the future where there will be no more Android (as we all know the Android CEO left Android for a robotics company now owned by Google) but each software will take advantage of the Android software.
    A comedian!
    12-18-13 03:57 PM
    I really hope to see more hardware and especially software innovations in these next batch of devices but realistically, Im not holding my breath. I look forward to more TAT work and eventually BB11 whatever the next major version is.
    12-18-13 04:10 PM