When someone (like my wife...) who has a Samsung phone sends me a picture via MMS, the file name is always the same. When I had my curve, they were cid_0_1, and now that I have my bold, they are just 0_1. If she sends them bluetooth, I get them with the file name that her phone uses. My friends with other brands of phone can send me pictures without issue, but this is her 2md Samsung, and they've both done this, as does my other friend with a Samsung. When they send pictures to our friends with Nokia & LG phones, they don't have this problem.

ideas? suggestions?
    12-26-09 11:00 PM
    strange ! one more quirks of the BB???
    12-27-09 03:38 AM
    i would get mms from a motorola on t-mobile and my pantech matrix on att. the sent pic names were default pic_01 for all of them. was annoying because i didnt realize it till pictures that were sent disapeared. other att phones would send a pic and it was the name from their phone. so its not just a BB thing
    12-27-09 03:55 AM
    all the phones in question are AT&T phones.
    12-27-09 12:47 PM
    Since this is her phone have u checked her mms settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 01:09 PM
    Yes, I've checked her settings. When she sends a picture to a non-berry phone, it sends the correct file name.
    It is all 3 Samsungs that send me pictures that have this issue.
    12-27-09 02:02 PM
    Turns out it was a Samsung issue - the default background color is black, which the BB uses, but it doesn't use the font color. Changing the background on the Samsung to white fixed the issue.
    06-24-10 10:27 PM
    Turns out it was a Samsung issue - the default background color is black, which the BB uses, but it doesn't use the font color. Changing the background on the Samsung to white fixed the issue.
    LOL wow you dug that out of the grave, maybe you should send a PM to let them know lol
    06-24-10 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD