Hi,
    I have a blackberry 8520. its wifi signal to my home network keeps droping, it will stay connected for a minute if am lucky then drop, its picks up gain but just repeats the same thing. I know its not my router (hauwei echolife HG520B) as others have no problem connecting to it from their mobiles. Its really frustrating! any1 have any ideas how to correct this.

thanks
    04-04-11 01:44 PM
    Try the obvious fixes such as deleting the wi-fi from your phone and re-adding it. Also try changing the channel the wireless router broadcasts on as it may be there's a lot of interference on the channel you're currently using.
    04-04-11 01:58 PM
    I'm assuming you've rebooted the Wifi Router. I see issues every couple of weeks that are cleared up with a power off/on.

If those don't work, try setting a static IP address on your BB for that wifi profile. That has helped my home connection.
    04-04-11 02:14 PM
    Also try changing the channel the wireless router broadcasts on as it may be there's a lot of interference on the channel you're currently using.
    I often use the Site Survey tool on my BB to see all of the nearby wifi routers and what channel they are broadcasting on. I used to have to run around with a laptop and now I do it from my BB...
    04-04-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD