I have only noticed fairly recently that I am in an area, with very good signal, but my phone does not receive or send messages. The 'GPRS' has turned to 'gprs' and my phone only works in general when connected to home broadband or free wifi zones.
    This means that my day to day life of being busy away from home consists with a phone not working!
    I could really do with some help, because now I cannot practically use my phone and it is becoming very inconvenient and annoying.
    Also my blackberry is becoming increasingly slow, I have noticed that this is when I have my media card in, when it is taken out of the handheld, the phone is perfect! Is backing up my pictures onto my home computer then wiping my phone a good option?
    thanks for any replies
    04-08-12 11:38 AM
    Firstly I assume you have a Blackberry data plan, so I'd say reload or update to the latest OS for you bb model.

This may speed things up. Also unticking 'enable compression' in 'storage' sped my bb up noticably.
    04-08-12 11:54 AM
    yes i do have a data plan, of unlimited internet usage, blackberry messenger, and unlimited texts and calls, so there should be no difficulties. I'm a bit out of touch, so how do you update the latest OS for bb curve 8520?
    04-08-12 12:32 PM
    Its pretty easy updating our bb's with bb desktop manager (DM).

DM would tell u step by step what to do however here is a link.

*do a backup first. The link should say that anyhow.
    04-08-12 12:44 PM
    thankyou for your help will get back to you if any other problems occur.
    04-08-12 12:54 PM
    thankyou for your help will get back to you if any other problems occur.
    No probs
    04-08-12 01:03 PM