* activated my parents TiVo account from their living room (their computer is upstairs, it would have been such a pain to write all the codes down!)

* checked my friend's 2 wedding registries while we were out to decide which store we were buying her gift from

* used google maps to get directions to a family party, and updated them on the go when we hit traffic & needed to change our route

* played mobwars on facebook

* posted on crackberry, of course

what have you done with your BB lately?
    10-08-08 06:18 PM
    I wish I could be more creative like that!!

I was impressed when I was in San Fran and my friend whipped out his PDA and checked the public transporation schedule on it!! Pretty cool!!!

What stores/website did you access for the wedding registries?
    10-08-08 06:20 PM
    I wish I could be more creative like that!!

What stores/website did you access for the wedding registries?

I used the Opera Mini browser & just went to the regular websites for the stores (crate & barrel and bed, bath & beyond).
    10-08-08 06:23 PM
    I love opera mini!!

I have one site that automatically takes me to the mobile version which you have to pay for to use but if I use opera mini, it's the same as the regular site!

Thanks for the ideas
    10-08-08 06:26 PM
    I found a cure for monothesilotitus while browsing whydoesitburnwhenipee.com from my BB's browser.

NObama 08..
    10-08-08 06:35 PM
    Well I'm not as creative as you all.... I just browse CB email bbm and follow politics.
    10-08-08 06:43 PM
    I can use the Chicago Transit Bus Tracker from the phone to see where the buses are. Other than that I just look up random stuff when it comes up if I'm out. I also IM a lot from my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-08 08:04 PM
    Picked up my 8330 last night. So far I've logged into my personal server using MidpSSH, connected to a few IRC channels using jmIrc and have been messing around with the gmail app and operamini.

... I'm quickly learning why the term "crackberry" is used.
    10-08-08 08:34 PM
    I am a senior in high school so I do not get to actually use mine alot. But, I am addicted to the stock market and everything that has to deal with it. So, with that being said, I downloaded the Fidelity Investments app on my bb so, i just watch the market all day during class.

Its great!
    10-08-08 09:20 PM
    I use Dictionary.com often. My BB is always with me. That monster paper dictionary is not.

I also love AT&T Navigator not only for directions, but to look up phone numbers.

And I have just loaded hundreds of songs onto it (the memory card, of course) so that it's my one and only MP3 player!! It sounds great when I plug speakers into it!
    10-08-08 09:49 PM
    I am a senior in high school so I do not get to actually use mine alot. But, I am addicted to the stock market and everything that has to deal with it. So, with that being said, I downloaded the Fidelity Investments app on my bb so, i just watch the market all day during class.

Its great!
    hey can u send me a link for that app?
    thx
    10-08-08 09:54 PM
    hey can u send me a link for that app?
    thx
    Just google / search for Fidelity Anywhere and download it OTA
    10-09-08 08:03 AM
    i added 5 Halloween themed movies to my netflix queue this month. Netflix Online Movie Rentals - Rent DVDs, Classic Films to DVD New Releases

i ordered a pizza while watching said movies. mobile.papajohns.com

i paid my electric bill while in the tub. bankofamerica.com/mobile

i sent pictures of my new car to my grandma.Mobile Photobucket

i searched for, and found, a vegetarian restaurant. Yum. VZ NAV

And much more!

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-09-08 at 08:16 AM.
    10-09-08 08:09 AM
    I unlocked a friends car door from across town using that vehicle-remote + cell phone trick. It really works!

*ok, no it doesn't. snopes.com: Cell Phone Unlocks Keyless Cars

> Ordered concert tickets while out on the town

> looked up a correct part for my car with an online data base while I was at the parts store. (their terminal was down).

> Staying in touch with my Godchild who's in college. We swap pictures & funnies all the time. Keeps us close, even though she's far away.
    10-09-08 08:37 AM
    I do some web browsing, including online banking - I thought it wouldn't work but to my surprise it does. I also use my BB as an online dictionary.

Got a memory card filled with MP3 music, as well as episodes of Scrubs and Run's House I have recorded from my PC's TV tuner.

But surprisingly enough, I do very little email and the thing I use the most on my BB is the phone. Yes, I talk A LOT. God bless whoever came with the idea of unlimited calling plans!
    10-09-08 01:20 PM
    I Myspace constantly on my BBerry which freaks people out because I'm "online" 24/7

I do mobile banking

I surf random websites using Opera Mini

I check TV listings on my TV Guide Application when I'm on a TV that doesnt have a cable/satellite receiver

I read news articles

I wiki random facts to make myself sound really smart during conversation..when they ask me what I'm doing I say checking e-mail..then 2 min later I know everything about whatever it is we were talking about

I look up sports information during games to once again sound smarter than the known "sports" fanatic that's always at the cookout...

I listen to music and watch music videos and funny clips

I chat on AIM and Yahoo

I play games

I take random pictures and videos
    10-10-08 12:51 PM
    Ok I thought of one thing, I use whitepages.com A LOT!!! I can't believe anyone with internet service even pays for a phone call to get an operator lol
    10-10-08 06:05 PM
    Ok I thought of one thing, I use whitepages.com A LOT!!! I can't believe anyone with internet service even pays for a phone call to get an operator lol
    I know, I give back the paper telephone phone books now (they try to deliver at least 3 or 4 different types these days.) Love my berry!!
    10-10-08 06:10 PM
    let me see, me and some of my friends got kicked out of another friends house, as it was going on 11, but we all wanted to keep partying. I whipped out my BB, looked up our local favorite cover band, looked to see where they were playing, and then got directions to the place. One of my friends was like "dude, how did your phone do all that so fast?". I just smiled.
    10-10-08 06:23 PM
    The hubby and I were out at the movies last night, and we realized we hadn't set the TiVo to record Saturday Night Live.

I was able to use the TiVo website to schedule it to record, only 2 hours before it went on the air. :-D
    10-19-08 08:55 PM
    I paid some bills from Bank of america mobile banking, I always post here on CB.com, checked myspace, talked to gf on BBM(yea I convinced her to get a bb and she loooooves it!!), and I'm trying to find a link to download Twitter onto my BB.

10-19-08 09:01 PM
    Oh yea I forgot. And I use Viigo everyday for my news, blogs, and F1 Racing News.

10-19-08 09:02 PM
    - I have learned so much just coming to CB!

I have upgraded my phones OS
    I used the video cam to record videos of my kids, and grandaughter
    I downloaded some music and videos
    I use it to play on myspace, facebook, and yearbook
    I used Trapster to watch for speedtraps!
    I use plusmo to check the red sox score!!
    I text the baseball score to my brother

I am hooked! And luvn every minute of it!

Pooh luvs Jamrock

~Crakd out on my berry~
    MySpace.com - ~Pooh~ - 38 - Female - Bull Shoals, Arkansas - www.myspace.com/hunnibabe01

10-19-08 09:05 PM
    Hmmm I do all the usual cool things, but also:

I have a BT receiver attached to my surround sound AV system, and I beam my music from my Curve to the stereo, and listen in full surround

And you'd be surprised at how good it sounds!
    10-19-08 09:50 PM
    I guess this is late, havent posted in a while. I've used my bb to
    check myspace, facebook, chat on AOL, Yahoo and gmail. Check my linkedin account and banking account using pageonce, saved text message cost by using bb messenger. connect my bb to my car stereo via a cassette adapter to listen to my music. took videos and pics of everything. used my phone as a usb drive to save my software apps and I used my bb to install office2007 and reinstall Windows XP!! yay!! I love this phone. I hope the storm can do the same things..i know it can...i just cant wait for it!!
    11-20-08 10:54 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD