I am soooo new to the BB thing. I just got a used one yesterday and there are some things I'm having issues with and believe me, I'm sure it's user oriented.

First off, my phone doesn't always ring. What's up with THAT? Sometimes it will ring and other times, it will be sitting right beside me and I see, three hours later, that it's got a voicemail... is there a way for it to beep or something to notify me I have a vm or is it just the little icon thingy.

When I try and dial out on the phone, it keeps saying the radio is OFF..WHAT !!! What is that about.

Thanks for helping me out. I love what I CAN use on this thing...but I know there's more.
    05-09-08 09:27 PM
    Whats your profiles level?
    (Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, or Off?)

Go to "Manage Connections"
    > Turn ON the "Mobile Network"
    05-09-08 09:33 PM
    Is this a brand new phone or did you purchase second hand from ebay or craigslist?
    05-09-08 09:45 PM
    You may also want to keep an eye on how much your battery is charged. The reason I suggest this is you mention sometimes the phone rings, later it does not and radio goes off.

At a certain level, 10 or 15% I think the BB shut the radio off to conserve power.
    05-09-08 09:45 PM
    Sun, I got it off of Craigslist yesterday.

I can't even FIND the Manage Connections....
    05-09-08 09:49 PM
    Radio connection is an icon called radio on the home screen.
    Open it and turn connections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 09:58 PM
    Menu > Show all.

To find Manage Connections.
    05-09-08 09:59 PM
    wow, I'm feeling even more stupid.

I see all the little icons that show up when I turn the phone on, i.e. calendar, messages, phone, etc...but I DON'T see anything that says just "menu"
    05-09-08 10:02 PM
    Look at fonebkr's post and do what it says.
    Did you get a manual with the phone?
    05-09-08 10:07 PM
    ...but I DON'T see anything that says just "menu"
    There's not a 'Menu' key on your phone. The 'Menu' function on a 7250 is the track wheel. I had one until March, when I got my 8830. The 7250 is a terrific phone, and tough as a brick, but it is an older phone and the keys and icons are so different from current models that after only two months I can't remember what the icon looks like to turn on the radio!

Find that icon by rolling the track wheel and looking at the names. Then with the selection highlight on the icon, click the trackwheel.

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions.
    05-09-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD