So I have had my 8830 with Verizon for almost a month now. About every other day my network signal drops from 1XEV to just 1X. With just 1X I can't pull up the internet at all. The only way to fix this is to do a battery pull.

If I don't do a battery pull then after awhile the phone will just turn off and then re-set itself. Again, it does it by itself. After the re-set the signal is back to 1XEV.

Has anyone else had this problem? I shouldn't have to do a battery pull every other day just to reset my network signal should I?
    03-02-08 07:23 PM
    I shouldn't have to do a battery pull every other day just to reset my network signal should I?
    Correct. It worked perfectly before right? Have you been in a different location lately? Like if you have moved in to a new house?
    03-02-08 07:29 PM
    It has never worked any different. Ever since I got it I have lost network connection every other day. It happens at work, at home, everywhere. I have only had it a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-08 08:25 PM
    Try dailing *228 it updates your phones roaming. It may help your phone get a better signal.

03-02-08 08:59 PM
    have you tried calling verizon? maybe, just maybe they have some tips to offer?
    03-02-08 10:14 PM
    I'll give those both a shot. Thanks for your help.

03-03-08 01:53 AM
    This is going to sound strange, but mine was doing that when I had the previous version of Viigo. It was fine with the old (two-back version) of Viigo, then I installed the new (one-back release) one and it started doing just what you described.

Thankfully the latest version of Viigo no longer seems to cause the problem. Ever since I installed it everything has been fine.

03-03-08 08:28 AM
    I just barely installed Viigo a week ago so I don't think its that. It's just weird that it will just shut itself down and re-start without me doing anything. It only re-starts when I am down to 1X. Go figure.

03-03-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD