FEW NOTES BEFORE I START: BOTH ARE RUNNING 3G, I DID NOT DO A BROWSER SPEED TEST. I DID NOT COMPARE HOTSPOTS... SINCE MINE DOESN'T HAVE ONE YET

OK HERE WE GO

1. Design: The Bold's design feels more durable compared to the Nexus S. there's also no convenience key on the Nexus which is a huge setback. However the screen space on the Nexus is amazing since its full screen and video watching is more enjoyable there. I'd have to give this one to the BOLD though simply because i feel like if i dropped the Nexus it would bust into a million pieces

2. App Market vs App World: The Nexus S 4G ran away with this. Not even because it has more apps but the UI is brilliant and it also features reviews ratings and PREVIEW VIDEOS of each app! app world is still pretty dull. NEXUS WINS THIS ONE

3. Memory: at first look the Nexus wins with 16GB of space for storage Vs the Bold's 8gb... BUT... THERE IS NO SD CARD SLOT! Such a terrible draw back... anyone that's had a BB or any phone brick on them knows just how important that is.. of course there are apps you can use to back up things on computer but its not as good as having a media card... THE BOLD WINS THAT ONE

4. Camera: Nexus S ..... Next (2 is almost always better than one)

5. Communication: BOLD...... Next (Deleting messages[email or sms]on the Nexus is sooooo annoying also hard to send mass texts[on default sms client] and just not enough room to explain my choice... also no BBM or iMessage type client from what i can tell)

THAT'S EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF AS OF NOW... BOTH GREAT PHONES THOUGH.. IF YOU THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD TEST REPLY AND I'LL TEST IT OUT
    11-29-11 09:47 PM
    Good review I thought. Why is the 2 cameras better. I've heard a few people complain about a device not having 2 cameras and after asking what they would use em for they answered face time. I asked everone I know with foward cameras if they face time and the say no, never, a couple times and some said they tried it and it sucked.
    I'm just wondering if there's another use.
    11-29-11 10:53 PM
    Not really big on face time but the front camera is a good option for when you want to take self portraits and not have to worry about if you're holding the phone in the right spot.. honestly i don't see the front cam as a necessity but just having that extra option is nice... granted my first pic with the Nexus front cam was horrible.. its still an improvement.. also there's ustream.. front camera is perfect for that
    11-29-11 11:16 PM
    OP,
    The smartest thing is to let her keep the Android.
    Last thing you want to deal with is romantic "must reply" BBM's all day long. Trust me from a male perspective it gets annoying and has little or not ROI.
    11-29-11 11:50 PM
    Not really big on face time but the front camera is a good option for when you want to take self portraits and not have to worry about if you're holding the phone in the right spot.. honestly i don't see the front cam as a necessity but just having that extra option is nice... granted my first pic with the Nexus front cam was horrible.. its still an improvement.. also there's ustream.. front camera is perfect for that
    I see that point. Thanks for your comparison.
    11-30-11 12:33 AM
    no prob 13echo4.

and lmao sam_b77 i had to deal with that a couple months ago ahaha
    11-30-11 01:09 AM
    no prob 13echo4.

and lmao sam_b77 i had to deal with that a couple months ago ahaha
    Lolz............ You the naughty one ai? Getting her an android and deceiving the BB community :P

Just kidding
    11-30-11 04:26 AM
    How is typing on the Nexus S with the curved screen?

Would you prefer the portrait or landscape virtual keyboard?
    11-30-11 05:12 AM
    Also compare the OS. The nexus gets timely updates and will get ice cream sandwich 4.0 which is very impressive ui. Google redesigned it from a scratch and more consistent even their other services are based on the same consistent design. The 9930 will be stuck on os7 and wont be updated to bbx even tho I think the hardware is capable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-11 10:00 AM
    1. Can't argue there really. While i've never held an actual 9900 other than a display model..the Nexus S is definately not my cup of tea build wise. Definately has a plasticy feel to it, and while I doubt it would shatter, it definately doesn't have a "high quality" feel to it imo.

2. Agree

3. Agree - I think Nexus is trying to spin off of Apple in this regards, although I will say that generally for benchmarking phones (which is how some android users flex their epeen) not having an SD card is better.

4. Not sure..never used either.

5. Comes down to user preference imo. 2 different OS's handle communication a little differently. Some prefer physical KB's, some prefer touchscreens. As far as email, texting, IM's etc..once you know the OS and have it configured to your liking, it can be just as (or more) efficient than a BB (depending on how you use your phone).
    11-30-11 10:48 AM
    i never did an OS comparison because its a preference thing in my opinion as far as UI goes.. i would've been too biased.. i like the UI on the nexus but it feels a bit unorganized at times to me.. just slightly sloppy.. OS7 (although it looks almost exactly like OS6) is still nice and is underrated.. its true problem is that not enough developers jumped on board and it still has the freeze clock but its a nice build and is for the hardcore BB fan more than new users. Since Nexus will get update though it wins that argument by default. as far as typing though its really hate it or love it.. the landscape typing is nice and im still fast with it the only problem i faced with typing on the Nexus was the auto correct.. takes me longer to type things out..
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-30-11 12:12 PM
    Comparing the 9930 to anything other than a blackberry is useless..

People buy it because of three main reasons:

1. Best Email in Market
    2. Best Keyboard in Market
    3. BBM

I've got an iphone 4 and I have been finding it so distracting as of late. Honestly, I can go on it and kill 3 hours like nothing...One of the reasons I want to switch back to Blackberry, the 9930. I don't need that. Email, keyboard is all I need. It will save me some free time lol.
    11-30-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD