I luv my bb. but sometimes it's kinda weird

sometimes if i do voice dialing, it freezes.. and today, i went to sprint tv and clicked menu button and clicked close, but it wouldn't do anything..what's wrong??
    10-23-08 03:46 PM
    Check your free memory: Options / Status / File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 12 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. The following procedure, originally written by Forums Moderator Reed McLay will guide you:

How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory above 12 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has. Finally, you can't at this time run programs from a Media Card. Programs have to be installed in and executed in device memory.
    10-23-08 03:51 PM
    have you done a soft reset lately?
    10-23-08 03:51 PM
    Read the free memory link sunkast gave you, that's your problem.
    10-23-08 03:53 PM
    "battery pulls" are good to do in general.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 04:23 PM
    one thing that's nice about apple ipods and phones is that i don't have to do battery pull..lol

anyway.. my bb is a brandnew.. and i only have sprint tv and gps downloaded. my free space is 38948056 bytes..lol
    10-23-08 04:26 PM
    one thing that's nice about apple ipods and phones is that i don't have to do battery pull..lol

anyway.. my bb is a brandnew.. and i only have sprint tv and gps downloaded. my free space is 38948056 bytes..lol
    You don't need to do a battery pull if you manage your memory properly. I don't remember the last time I did one. You could also do a soft reset instead.
    10-23-08 04:29 PM
    You don't need to do a battery pull if you manage your memory properly. I don't remember the last time I did one. You could also do a soft reset instead.
    thanks! i applied to michigan this year. i am a senior lol

anyway.. i think i have enough spaces.. don't u think???? 38982000bytes..it varies..
    10-23-08 04:32 PM
    how do i do soft rest? i don't know what that is..lol
    10-23-08 04:33 PM
    hold alt and hit right caps and delete at the same time
    10-23-08 04:34 PM
    I erased russian, semetic, and sample video.. should i erase anything else?
    10-23-08 04:37 PM
    look at the guide sunkast provided and delete anything you don't use
    10-23-08 04:42 PM
    look at the guide sunkast provided and delete anything you don't use
    thanks !
    10-23-08 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD