Last week my Z10 was stolen probably due to my carelessness with the phone at that time. I have to say I was distraught and I still am. I decided to take advantage of my provider's $0 offer. They unfortunately do not carry Blackberry (hey Fido!). So here I am today - new owner of a nexus 5 and first time android user. As I type on this foreign OS I can't help but feel a sense of guilt, even shame. I have stubbornly been a BB user and this doesn't feel right. But I will give this thing a try and have an open mind. It is quite confusing for someone who has accustomed themselves to bb gestures. But who knows. I might actually like it.

So with that in mind I would like to apologize to the loyal bb community. By the same token I'd like to find out how those of you who switched to the other side did it. Did you find it was a smooth transition or did you find yourselves longing for your bb phone? Did you go back to bb? Did you keep two phones or are you never coming back?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-30-14 09:25 PM
    That $0 offer isn't really $0 if you had to re-up your contract. You Shoudlve tried to scrounge together $225 to buy a z30 and kept your freedom.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:27 PM
    Sorry for your loss. That has to be a terrible feeling.

I had a Galaxy Nexus for awhile (before BB10 was available). I worked fine, but the messaging (email, text, etc) is so much better on BB10. I of course ended up going back to BB10 and now with OS 10.3.1 I am all set.

Good luck with your new device. Have fun with it. Maybe you could trade/sell it and pickup another BB10 device off ShopBlackBerry
    -Freeze
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-30-14 09:29 PM
    I was drawn away with the iPhone 6+ .. went through the same feelings. But when you really think about it. .it is only a cell phone
    Good luck
    11-30-14 09:46 PM
    Who are you?
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-30-14 09:48 PM
    Who are you?
    Who are you asking who are you?
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-30-14 10:24 PM
    The only person it sounds like you need to apologize to is yourself.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-30-14 10:26 PM
    I went back, I guess it's good you made this so that you can get our opinions, however maybe a title change is a good idea, something like: "I switched, has anyone else found this transition worthwhile or am I messing up by signing a contract with an Android in my hand?"
    11-30-14 10:37 PM
    you don't need to apologize friend

let us know how you feel about the transition as you go with your new OS.
    FR33MAN and anon(5061193) like this.
    11-30-14 10:40 PM
    At least you're not part of the collective. Lol

Z10 catch and release !!
    11-30-14 10:45 PM
    Who are you asking who are you?
    The OP. Talking about feeling guilt and shame and having to profusely apologize to "us". Don't understand why. I'm on here all the time and I don't recognize them at all. I guess I was just expecting it to be a post from someone who would have shocked me a little. Now if it had been your post, I would have had somewhat of a reaction
    11-30-14 10:46 PM
    11-30-14 10:46 PM
    I personally think it's fine.
    11-30-14 10:49 PM
    I see. I'm glad I can create a reaction.
    11-30-14 10:51 PM
    I see. I'm glad I can create a reaction.
    Well you know what I mean, haha. I recognize you
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-30-14 10:52 PM
    Last week my Z10 was stolen probably due to my carelessness with the phone at that time. I have to say I was distraught and I still am. I decided to take advantage of my provider's $0 offer. They unfortunately do not carry Blackberry (hey Fido!). So here I am today - new owner of a nexus 5 and first time android user. As I type on this foreign OS I can't help but feel a sense of guilt, even shame. I have stubbornly been a BB user and this doesn't feel right. But I will give this thing a try and have an open mind. It is quite confusing for someone who has accustomed themselves to bb gestures. But who knows. I might actually like it.

So with that in mind I would like to apologize to the loyal bb community. By the same token I'd like to find out how those of you who switched to the other side did it. Did you find it was a smooth transition or did you find yourselves longing for your bb phone? Did you go back to bb? Did you keep two phones or are you never coming back?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Going forward, you may want to look into device insurance with your carrier....worth every penny in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:54 PM
    That is great...One less person asking "when will 10.3 be out"
    11-30-14 10:56 PM
    I'll add onto this story.... a few months ago I bought a brand new Note3, and after a few weeks of everyday use, I crawled back to BlackBerry.... it is THE BEST operating system, for me....

Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    11-30-14 11:13 PM
    11-30-14 11:19 PM