The memory is just horrible. It continually drops to below 8MB and then I have to reboot it. I love this phone but I just wish it was faster and could keep up. I'm seriously considering getting a 9650 Bold since I'm with Verizon. Just wondering if I should wait until the beginning of next year to see if something new will come out. If not, my mission will be to get my Bold all white with Colorware!
    10-12-10 11:36 PM
    I don't think there will be anything exciting new out on Verizon until their LTE devices hit, and my concern in waiting for those would be unless you're in one of the roll-out markets, you might end up paying extra/month for the 4g device you can't take full advantage of (if Vzw does the same as Sprint, which I would personally assume they would do).

The 9650 coming from the 8330 will be like night and day. I would have to believe you'd be happy with it if you like BBOS and are happy with your curve with the exception of memory. Bold is even cdma rev a, which Curve was rev 0, so you should theoretically get a better/quicker connection.
    10-12-10 11:44 PM
    Unless you want an iPhone, apparently, they are coming in January 2011.
    If you don't care about your upgrade, purchase a 9650 from Verizon as soon as possible!
    If you do care about your upgrade, you can purchase a 9650 online then just activate it online but still have your upgrade.
    10-12-10 11:44 PM
    as others have said, the change from the 8330 to the 9650 will be major, I ran a 9630 and an 8330 at the same time, and the 9630 was a major improvement,

I really think it is worth the upgrade, especially if you only have 2 year contracts as this time next year you could fight for a hardware upgrade and have potentially lots of options.
    10-13-10 07:48 AM
    Link won't paste, pos.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 09:11 AM
    I had the 8330 with verizon for about a year. I upgraded to the 9650 a few months ago and its a big difference. I wouldn't even think about going back. Its so much faster and has a lot more memory. I don't think you would regret it. And like the other people have said, I don't think verizon will be getting anything new soon, they did turn down the storm 3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 10:59 AM
    The memory is just horrible. It continually drops to below 8MB and then I have to reboot it. I love this phone but I just wish it was faster and could keep up. I'm seriously considering getting a 9650 Bold since I'm with Verizon. Just wondering if I should wait until the beginning of next year to see if something new will come out. If not, my mission will be to get my Bold all white with Colorware!
    The fact that you drop below 8MB free points to a problem with an app or apps, not the phone. With the standard OS and several apps running all the time I'm usually in the 25-28MB free range. Maybe it's time to selectively test each application you have running and find out which one is the memory leaker.
    10-13-10 12:04 PM
    Did online chat with VZ and they said I'd have to pay full price......$509!!!! Seriously? I've been with VZ for years and years and I have to pay that for a new phone? Yuck!!!! Any ideas on how to get around that?
    10-13-10 11:59 PM
    Did online chat with VZ and they said I'd have to pay full price......$509!!!! Seriously? I've been with VZ for years and years and I have to pay that for a new phone? Yuck!!!! Any ideas on how to get around that?
    Are you eligible for an upgrade? If not it may be better to just buy a used one and then you will save your upgrade.
    10-14-10 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD